What's new

Jump ins

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
The number of complaints about jump ins are insane. I've been watching upgraded Jacqui gameplay and HOLY FUCKING SHIT. jump ins are egregiously over tuned.
Like there is very little you can do to her when she's fucking jumping and flying around it's kinda bullshit. Watching "pros" and they literally just stand there and take it

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
The number of complaints about jump ins are insane. I've been watching upgraded Jacqui gameplay and HOLY FUCKING SHIT. jump ins are egregiously over tuned.
And then NRS the fucking geniuses decided to nerf flawless blocking and objectively buff jik tf

RemainSolid

It don’t always be like it is... but it do.
“The return of footsies.” Lol and I don’t think they’re going to be adjusting jump attacks. Nothing stopping me from playing other games so it’s whatever. Enough complaining from me.

There’s already a thread on this btw @Kind cows

thlityoursloat

kick kick
“The return of footsies.” Lol and I don’t think they’re going to be adjusting jump attacks. Nothing stopping me from playing other games so it’s whatever. Enough complaining from me.

There’s already a thread on this btw @Kind cows

It's when Jacqui shoves her foot into your face from full screen. That's footsies.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAlkfcvjxc;lkvjcxzvbczvbzcvn

Wigy

There it is...
If you're not reading the jumps, best bet is probably to flawless block into u3.
Never got this. You'd need to react to when they're pressing the jump in the arc. It's high risk low reward especially in the corner.

Jump kicks are busted. Best and only reliable solution is outspacing them.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Never got this. You'd need to react to when they're pressing the jump in the arc. It's high risk low reward especially in the corner.

Jump kicks are busted. Best and only reliable solution is outspacing them.
I dont see why its high risk. You're in the same situation if you're just trying to block the jump in. I usually dont get hit even on failed attempts.

I'm not here trying to argue how good or bad jumping is. Flawless blocking jump ins is just something that works pretty well for me. Especially in wake up situations where anti air is not an option.

Wigy

There it is...
Frankly, it's anti-airs that are shit.
The d2's are borderline useless for so many of the cast. They have gaping blind spots where they should be most effective.

Then jks do funny bullshit things to hurtboxes, got antiairs coming out the wrong way vs kabal on crossup jks etc.

Trampoline kombat. Jump ins are so stupid in this game.

@Scoot Magee

Cause the timing varies on the arc, and which jump in these use. If you get it which is pretty hard all you get is an U2 into low damage for 2 bars.

Scoot Magee

But you can't do that unless it's a read anymore due to the way they changed flawless blocking
I dont know. I've been getting them pretty regularly. I'm just timing the block when it's most likely that theyll throw out the jump in attack. I usually just get a normal block if I'm wrong.

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
Terminator and frost have some of the best AAs in the game in their d3s. Broken hurtbox and everything. NOPE don't matter that baraka and scorpion are just gonna jump and jump and jump and jump and jump and not get hit every time and then shit out a random d2 because fuck you

Scoot Magee

The d2's are borderline useless for so many of the cast. They have gaping blind spots where they should be most effective.

Then jks do funny bullshit things to hurtboxes, got antiairs coming out the wrong way vs kabal on crossup jks etc.

Trampoline kombat. Jump ins are so stupid in this game.

@Scoot Magee

Cause the timing varies on the arc, and which jump in these use. If you get it which is pretty hard all you get is an U2 into low damage for 2 bars.
Nah I use up3, u2 usually doesnt work because it's too slow (scorpion). Regardless of that, it works for me. I usually do an early and a late block. I get that people mix the timing and the air normals they use. Just saying it's a decent option to help against jumping. It's something I've been doing consistently because of the trouble I've had with anti airs in a lot of situations. It works especially well against meaty jumps because they're more likely to press a button at a specific time.

If you're not reading the jumps, best bet is probably to flawless block into u3.
This right here is part of the problem. Idk who came up with the “bright idea” of Flawless Block being a legit alternative to anti-air, but it’s stupid.

Flawless Block is supposed to be an advanced technique, while anti-air is a basic one. The risk/reward of f/block launching a jump in is absolutely terrible. You’re better off just blocking the jump in.

NRS needs to fix hitboxes first and foremost. Most jump ins cant be AA’d because of disjointed hitboxes. They also need to buff AA as a whole.

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
Legit just had Johnny cage jump straight through my shotgun blast wtf is this bullshit like the d2 was his entire fucking chest how did that whiff

Scoot Magee

This right here is part of the problem. Idk who came up with the “bright idea” of Flawless Block being a legit alternative to anti-air, but it’s stupid.

Flawless Block is supposed to be an advanced technique, while anti-air is a basic one. The risk/reward of f/block launching a jump in is absolutely terrible. You’re better off just blocking the jump in.

NRS needs to fix hitboxes first and foremost. Most jump ins cant be AA’d because of disjointed hitboxes. They also need to buff AA as a whole.
I guess I'm timing it on the early end because I'm not getting hit when I miss flawless block. I am doing it in specific situations where aa really isnt much of an option. I'm just here using what I have. I'm tired of getting locked into pressure after jump ins.

I guess I'm timing it on the early end because I'm not getting hit when I miss flawless block. I am doing it in specific situations where aa really isnt much of an option. I'm just here using what I have. I'm tired of getting locked into pressure after jump ins.
It would be better if f/block made everything negative, but after a jump in your opponent is still plus.

D1 works well for anti-cross up, but regular jump in I block or trip guard.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Terminators D3 is best in the game.

if you are having issues with JIK's this move destroys Barakas JIK, Geras CrossOver and Jump in Splash and nearly every JIK in the game.

Cassie's B3 and Liu Kang's D3 are pretty good as well.