What's new

Jump in punch Vs naked jump in

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Lately I have a lot of problem in a the following situation:
During a crossup I hit the punch but the opp crouches I whiff and that wouldn't be a problem,
the problem is that with the punch the length of the jump increased and i get outside of my reach and the whiffed jip have some recovery time also, so i lose the lead.
If i jump in without a punch i'll be inside my reach and I can attack, but i just feel that i need those jips in crossovers.
If i hit low enough no problem and my char turns around correctly (which won't happen sometimes) but it's not easy to react to a crouch while you are in the air.

What can I do with that and how this difference should affect spacing?

Somberness

Lights
Well, you can always do a jump kick for advantage, or a deep jump kick for a guaranteed throw attempt and even a combo if it hits.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Well, you can always do a jump kick for advantage, or a deep jump kick for a guaranteed throw attempt and even a combo if it hits.
With CSZ (main) it does not seem to be the solution, since if i go with djk and such i lose the mixup possibility. And this far there is only 1 move i know i can connect after a djk, slide. : (

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
With CSZ (main) it does not seem to be the solution, since if i go with djk and such i lose the mixup possibility. And this far there is only 1 move i know i can connect after a djk, slide. : (
Can you not do that one advancing string....i think its f22? F22 slide after a djk.

Somberness

Lights
Somberness does a jump kick at chest height grant any advantage?
All jump kicks give advantage, except the highest possible ones. But, it is only -1 at that height.
I can't think of anything else to do if you are jumping over from that close.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
All I know is... I was jump kicking last night against someone in @TOSNerd and Dsynkronized KotH last night and I tried jump kicking to get in and got AA'd every time by Liu Kang's standing 2.

Jumping seems like just a bad idea all around. lol

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
All I know is... I was jump kicking last night against someone in @TOSNerd and Dsynkronized KotH last night and I tried jump kicking to get in and got AA'd every time by Liu Kang's standing 2.

Jumping seems like just a bad idea all around. lol
If you initiate the jip low enough it will connect but it's kinda not easy against a crouching reptile, where you can hit him and where the animation will only start but will not hit there's just a narrow window. And yeah, all this can be AA-d. So? We all give up crossovers now?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
If you initiate the jip low enough it will connect but it's kinda not easy against a crouching reptile, where you can hit him and where the animation will only start but will not hit there's just a narrow window. And yeah, all this can be AA-d. So? We all give up crossovers now?
You just gotta wait longer than you think to do a low JIP. I always do it at that height b/c everyone likes blocking low vs Sub. The only problem is it gets me blown up in air to air battles b/c I'm delaying my input.

As for what I said, I was just making a general statement about jumping and laughing at my fail attempts last night. It wasn't all that serious of a post. Give up crossovers? lol hell no, I live on that shit.