What's new

Jump-in/Command Grab Jailing on Block

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
was playing around with characters who have command grabs since Bane can do this. Not sure if this is tech but it's pretty neat stuff

so, basically, with Bane, you can do a late jump-in and buffer body press, and it can't be reversed because of his cancel advantage or jumped when timed right (you can only back-dash and it's a 50/50 between grab/combo), and I wanted to see if anyone else could do this, turns out they can, so I'm gonna list the character and the jumping normal that allows this

Bane: any jumping normal into body press generally works but j.3 creates the true jailing situation here. j.2 and j.d.3 are also decent. Very lenient window, especially with Venom where any reversal pokes and most specials will get stuffed anyway. 50/50's with a combo on the true jail, stuffs everything with a Venom DP in other situations to condition them.

Harley Quinn: j.2, play doctor when timed right (at the knees ish area on a standing opponent, closer to the head if they're ducking for a point of reference) cannot be crouch blocked, MB does a good amount of damage. i don't think they can jump it but it has strict timing.

Lobo: j.2 or j.3 into Command Grab will stuff reversals and 50/50's between the grab and a combo (or a standing 3)

Cyborg: a very timing specific j.2 will jail the opponent into his command grab. Not really worth the risk for the tight window considering low damage and when it whiffs you're insanely punishable. if you can time it every time, it's a decent get-off-move for an advancing opponent, but he has better options.

Shazam: I honestly don't know if this jails or not but him and Cyborg definitely got shafted here, lol. If you land his j.1 (which has a crappy hitbox btw), you can 50/50 for a low/high grab and you get a full combo either way. the terrible-ness of his j.1 makes this one really gimmicky.

Solomon Grundy and Killer Frost do not jail on their jump-ins. not enough cancel advantage for either of them.

Credits to RYX since he is banned he asked me to post this.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It is interesting but not so useful. If the opponent reads this they can push block or MB B3. Or they can just d3(beats all command grabs)
Yes, i guess so. I just posted it because RYX asked me lol ;__; idk if he tested it

Edit: He said you can't MB B3 because of the cancel advantage on it

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
It is interesting but not so useful. If the opponent reads this they can push block or MB B3. Or they can just d3(beats all command grabs)
I don't really like listing push block as an option. Pretty much anything can be push blocked and it costs a bar of meter. I play Lobo and if someone were to push block me in this scenario... not THAT big of a deal. Now they have less meter to clash my 50% combos.

Secondly, I feel it would be hard to read this unless they are literally doing it over and over again. The whole purpose of command grabs anyways is to grab them when they aren't expecting it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I don't really like listing push block as an option. Pretty much anything can be push blocked and it costs a bar of meter. I play Lobo and if someone were to push block me in this scenario... not THAT big of a deal. Now they have less meter to clash my 50% combos.

Secondly, I feel it would be hard to read this unless they are literally doing it over and over again. The whole purpose of command grabs anyways is to grab them when they aren't expecting it.
You can still d3 most command grabs. Or MB B3. It could work but it isnt foolproof.