What's new

Match-up Discussion Juicy VIII.b: My Final(ized) MU Chart

Espio

Kokomo
Wtf? 6-4 SM against KF??? I will pretend I am not seeing that.
Wouldn't you have not posted if you were "pretending not to see it?" I don't agree with some of the match ups, but like...if people are going to dispute the numbers (this goes for everyone), at least provide a counter point/argument. Match up discussion is way too shallow especially for how far we're into the game. The lack of analysis and people just say people are wrong without analysis or logical points to back them up is a rampant problem.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
Wouldn't you have not posted if you were "pretending not to see it?" I don't agree with some of the match ups, but like...if people are going to dispute the numbers (this goes for everyone), at least provide a counter point/argument. Match up discussion is way too shallow especially for how far we're into the game. The lack of analysis and people just say people are wrong without analysis or logical points to back them up is a rampant problem.
There's no counter to be made. OP didn't give any analysis on the match ups. What do I counter?
Edit: this is probably a troll thread tbh.

Espio

Kokomo
There's no counter to be made. OP didn't give any analysis on the match ups. What do I counter?
Edit: this is probably a troll thread tbh.
Yeah, there is. For example, if somebody has an opinion on a Hawkgirl match up, whether they were vague or not, I have extensive points I can make. Stating someone else is wrong without a counterpoint serves no purpose and does not push the discussion/discourse forward, which is precisely why mu threads are usually not fruitful. Evolve the discourse, you get what you put into discussion.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Wait, are you implying that "Batman's tools shut down everything Superman does" isn't a legit and not at all vague (not to mention false) talking point?
Absolutely
that'd be like if i said superman bane was 7-3 because trait and nobody is giving those kinds of responses, right?oh wait

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I actually agree with Superman beating Batgirl.
Why?

Batgirl favour: vortex/mixups, anti-zoning/zoning
Superman favour: footsies, midscreen damage, trait
Neutral: corner damage, full combo punishable 50/50 "divebombs" (Supes' air D3, BG DB3~3)

Seems pretty even to me. Why do you think otherwise?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Why?

Batgirl favour: vortex/mixups, anti-zoning/zoning
Superman favour: footsies, midscreen damage, trait
Neutral: corner damage, full combo punishable 50/50 "divebombs" (Supes' air D3, BG DB3~3)

Seems pretty even to me. Why do you think otherwise?
Well, the anti-zoning/zoning battle is actually in Supes favor since BG can't punish straight laser on reaction. There's a bunch of other reasons as well but I'd like to hear what Jack's reasons are.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well, the anti-zoning/zoning battle is actually in Supes favor since BG can't punish straight laser on reaction. There's a bunch of other reasons as well but I'd like to hear what Jack's reasons are.
But he has Heat Vision too, let's not forget that. She can just jump that and teleport back into vortex. As for Straight Laser it can be both ducked and jumped and also BG has bola which is meh in terms of zoning but also MB batarangs which she can aim upwards if Superman tries to jump. So I wouldn't really count zoning as a reason it's Superman favour. Anti-zoning wise Batgirl has teleport to cover that but Superman doesn't really have anything unless you count MB Superman Punch lol. I'm interested to see what Jack says too actually...