What's new

Jokers "Ha's" increase jokers speed and arc jumps

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Well at least his gimmick is decent, but compared to others like Flash (whose gimmick is going to be FUCKING GODLIKE mark my words on that) it's just kind of meh. It's still seems pretty damn good though, and will definitely come in handy. Everything else is what worries me tbh, slow normals/specials, and there doesn't seem to be as much combo potential. I really hope I'm wrong though.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Well at least his gimmick is decent, but compared to others like Flash (whose gimmick is going to be FUCKING GODLIKE mark my words on that) it's just kind of meh. It's still seems pretty damn good though, and will definitely come in handy. Everything else is what worries me tbh, slow normals/specials, and there doesn't seem to be as much combo potential. I really hope I'm wrong though.
Against Flash's damn slowdown BS it seems like you are literally going to have to run away or teleport.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Against Flash's damn slowdown BS it seems like you are literally going to have to run away or teleport.
Exactly, I'm also thinking that Flash is going to be able to punish a hell of a lot more shit than most characters because of it. Maybe even some stuff that would normally be safe.

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
that's so awesome. maybe his normals are slow as a design? use your projectils for main damage or to lock them down? if the parry is the only way to generate laughter it seems he'll be more defensive than anything.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
that's so awesome. maybe his normals are slow as a design? use your projectils for main damage or to lock them down? if the parry is the only way to generate laughter it seems he'll be more defensive than anything.
He actually has good range with his limbs, which is one of his best traits. There's a distance where you can stay just outside a lot of people's normals and harass them a bit -- I think he'll be a balanced offensive/defensive character, but will have to be played smartly.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He actually has good range with his limbs, which is one of his best traits. There's a distance where you can stay just outside a lot of people's normals and harass them a bit -- I think he'll be a balanced offensive/defensive character, but will have to be played smartly.
speak, what more do you know

while i had my sight on other characters, his trait alone makes me want to play him. Im all about reading my opponents and punishing. Of course I know Mister J isn't all defensive but counter/ parry like moves have always been a fave of mine.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
LBSH, Frank West would be ultra shit tier if he didn't have that godlike get offffff meh assist.

Credentials: I played Marvel for almost 3 weeks.
LOL. No. Frank has RIDICULOUSLY good normals that beat out most everything and lvl 5 Frank West is complete bullshit on damage and attack range with his normals. Plus his roll move coupled with any lockdown assist=free mixup. The assist is great but if thats all you see in him then you really haven't got a clue. Dude checks people worse than anything in the game with his normals, standing or jumping. His only failing is he can get zoned heavily.

Anyhow my thoughts on this Joker info from Pako is simple. Your gimmick is based ENTIRELY off of getting a counter off yet his tools are long range pokes and Chris style spacing tools. He doesn't sound very good for planning stuff with because you cannot reliably know whether or not you will be successfully landing counters or how many you will get in a match. Him being good is dependent upon tight reads from defensive players. He'll be good in some people's hands, but for the most part I'm betting someone entirely reliant on spacing and counters to be good wont survive vs the mixup game of some of the cast. Its cool, but unless he is like DOA levels of easy to pull this off on (which means his recovery on his other stuff has to be super fast or cancelable into it) then I see him as too dependent on reads to use it predictably from match to match to his advantage.

However, if he can cancel moves into HA counters then everyone is fucked.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
However, if he can cancel moves into HA counters then everyone is fucked.
I was just thinking this right here!
If that is the case the match against Joker will be really interesting.

While taking a small break from the Injustice GAU IOS game on my phone.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I was just thinking this right here!
If that is the case the match against Joker will be really interesting.

While taking a small break from the Injustice GAU IOS game on my phone.
Yeah if he can do that he can self cancel to create crazy combos and the cancel itself is a counter. Either he gets the counter and a buff or a combo if that is the case. I doubt he could do this for every move if he even had any HA cancels at all in the game. My bet is he would have fast recovery on moves to allow for HA's to be thrown out raw after stuff in hopes of baiting out punishes or something. Thing is he didn't look to recover fast in his vids. I'm thinking his HA counter gimmick will not be as useful as say the DOA counters in how easy it is to pull off.

It does do one thing for him though...you either buy into his zoning game or you run if you get blocked because you cannot safely go for blockstring setups or pressure on him. Against several folks this is really really big. You can't pressure him...you have to hit confirm into combos or run if you get blocked and that puts you into his spacing. Zoners are gonna eat his gameplan alive though. I'm betting his worst matchup will be Deathstroke since he can very fastly zone and beat out Joker's attempts to outzone him and since he has enormous crossups he relies on to start combos. No high low mixup stuff with him. He just gets in there and that sword has a big hitbox that should let him be able to punish some stuff ...I see his gameplan as Joker's worst matchup due to how he rolls.

Can anyone who has game confirm the details of Joker's parry, like how long you can hold it and how fast the startup is? Can you cancel normals/specials into parry? Are there moves that you can't parry?

I will play joker for sure now! Love the way he looks in the game and his trait from the description seems more interesting than others. But I'm getting to play only on Friday:(

Can anyone who has game confirm the details of Joker's parry, like how long you can hold it and how fast the startup is? Can you cancel normals/specials into parry? Are there moves that you can't parry?
start up is 2 frames, it's not active vary long so it's possible to parry too early and just get hit
you can't hold it down and i havent been able to cancel any normals into it.

it's really for interruptable strings and when you know someone is going to hit a button