What's new

Tech Joker Vortex/Setup Or Gimmick IDK

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
So I'm new to this site and Injustice is the first 2d fighting game I've played so I don't know too much. I don't know what to call this or if this tech is even viable so I'd like feedback on this. This is the setup
This is what happens when you try to jump out.
And if your opponent push blocks they get hit by the the teeth so you can dash backup and possibly continue pressure. Same thing if they wake up but you get hit.
The ways to get out are tech roll maybe , wakeup, or block it which is really hard when it's done perfectly. Even then you're still safe. I haven't perfected it but was hoping someone else would because I main flash I just enjoy watching really good joker play:):joker: The quality is horrible I know. I used the double down 2 tech and the teeth back 1 3 setup i saw in one of Qwark28 videos StevoSuprem0 Shaolin 19 Cage Redfield Oh yeah and the double down 2 gives them a smaller wakeup window, so online it's gonna be a pain. EMP Dark

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Very nice tech, this isn't a vortex and it can be woken out of but it gave me some ideas. This setup, since it catches jumps, forces people to wake up. Now, if you can stuff the non-invincible wakeups then that means you don't have to MB F3 or crossup J2, the first needing meter and the second sacrificing a little bit of damage to get them into the corner again.

Only worries lie in B13, It's not very reliable for stuffing shit, I'll test this soon, very nice find.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Very nice tech, this isn't a vortex and it can be woken out of but it gave me some ideas. This setup, since it catches jumps, forces people to wake up. Now, if you can stuff the non-invincible wakeups then that means you don't have to MB F3 or crossup J2, the first needing meter and the second sacrificing a little bit of damage to get them into the corner again.

Only worries lie in B13, It's not very reliable for stuffing shit, I'll test this soon, very nice find.
Thanks I was hoping you could do something with it it's unfinished but I guess it might be useful.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Good stuff. I have some of this recorded in the guide video I'm working on, which I need to finally finish...
I use a similar setup alot in the corner. I have an optimized version of the corner combo that you're ending in d2 xx teeth for the fast re-stand in the combo thread if you wanna take a look.
I love ending corner combos in this because if there was a reset on the teeth in the phase before (which can happen if you time things in different ways) you get a big chunk more damage. Likewise, if they block or it just combos, you have instant pressure on them.
There are two problems with this setup, however. As previous people pointed out, they can wakeup during the fast re-stand, which they will start to time correctly after they've seen it. Additionally, the b13 on the teeth is blockable; it is a difficult block and a little faster than earth shaker, but they can block it and most of my training partners do pretty much every time now. When blocked, you are very punishable. You can do things like alter the timing to make the overhead hit after the teeth (sacrificing potential damage) or just time them closer to make it more difficult to block.
I think the best thing to do is use some of the other ender options to keep them guessing on how to respond to the situation at the end of a combo. I have them all written out here, along with the other optimized corner combos, if your interested:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/jokers-super-awesome-combo-bnb-thread-nov-2013.39232/ *Corner section
Good videos though man, always good to see this stuff in action, as well as people taking interest in the character!

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Good stuff. I have some of this recorded in the guide video I'm working on, which I need to finally finish...
I use a similar setup alot in the corner. I have an optimized version of the corner combo that you're ending in d2 xx teeth for the fast re-stand in the combo thread if you wanna take a look.
I love ending corner combos in this because if there was a reset on the teeth in the phase before (which can happen if you time things in different ways) you get a big chunk more damage. Likewise, if they block or it just combos, you have instant pressure on them.
There are two problems with this setup, however. As previous people pointed out, they can wakeup during the fast re-stand, which they will start to time correctly after they've seen it. Additionally, the b13 on the teeth is blockable; it is a difficult block and a little faster than earth shaker, but they can block it and most of my training partners do pretty much every time now. When blocked, you are very punishable. You can do things like alter the timing to make the overhead hit after the teeth (sacrificing potential damage) or just time them closer to make it more difficult to block.
I think the best thing to do is use some of the other ender options to keep them guessing on how to respond to the situation at the end of a combo. I have them all written out here, along with the other optimized corner combos, if your interested:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/jokers-super-awesome-combo-bnb-thread-nov-2013.39232/ *Corner section
Good videos though man, always good to see this stuff in action, as well as people taking interest in the character!
Thanks for the help and feedback!

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
That's some sick pressure. Very nice corner execution Amplified$hotz. I've trying to execute a corner combo for the right side of watchtower where you cross up with j2 and hit intractable, after Joker slams their head there is a small window to attack, but the animation puts space between you and your opp. You can do thesame with the cars at Wayne Manor and metropolis street. Qwark28 can you look into this. I think my execution isn't fast enough. I've tried a lot of the main strings and can't get to them in time.

rehti

Noob
That's some sick pressure. Very nice corner execution Amplified$hotz. I've trying to execute a corner combo for the right side of watchtower where you cross up with j2 and hit intractable, after Joker slams their head there is a small window to attack, but the animation puts space between you and your opp. You can do thesame with the cars at Wayne Manor and metropolis street. Qwark28 can you look into this. I think my execution isn't fast enough. I've tried a lot of the main strings and can't get to them in time.
You mean something like teeth into crossover J2 into car explosion? It might be possible indeed. Some of the interactable can only be executed with a J3 crossover like when you want to smash their head in the tree.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Will look into it when I can, maybe something can be done.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
You mean something like teeth into crossover J2 into car explosion? It might be possible indeed. Some of the interactable can only be executed with a J3 crossover like when you want to smash their head in the tree.
You're right. It works with J3 only.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Weren't you reffering to the watchtower table you can blow up? And the wayne manor statues?
No I was talking about the upper level of watchtower at the right corner. There is a stool that you can slam your opponents head in, which leaves them upright for a split second. I know with batman you can attack before they fall and continue a string. I can't seem to do it with joker. It is something that I was working on the other day, figured it could be an option for opponents that have fuzzy block down against the teeth MR F3.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
No I was talking about the upper level of watchtower at the right corner. There is a stool that you can slam your opponents head in, which leaves them upright for a split second. I know with batman you can attack before they fall and continue a string. I can't seem to do it with joker. It is something that I was working on the other day, figured it could be an option for opponents that have fuzzy block down against the teeth MR F3.
How do you slam their heads? I can only place a bomb.