What's new

Tech Joker Crossover Mix up

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Haven't uploaded joker footage in awhile.. so went ahead and made this video showcasing a cross over mix up i haven't seen ppl mention that can really help players out in finding ways to open up opponents...
The combo is his most damaging one ending in Hard Knockdown and with the follow up mix up it can be a great way to turn the tide of a match!
check it out!! and let me know what you guys think..

StevoSuprem0
laudanum09

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Its not that bad.. if you make sure to look at jokers stance while you fight him... haha
Look at my next post. I love bullshit. I mean it is harder than you think to watch stances the whole game. And it will open up other stuff.

Cat

Stance spcific cross ups LOL
Loving this game even more

Nice find Cat

Lol yeah.. i was doing the combo into knockdown and was like wtf, why does it cross up sometimes????!!! so me and scar where in training mode for like 2 hours trying to figure it out. thinking it had to do with the time you input d2 and all this jazz, until i notice a difference in the video where it cross up.. lol

Cat

Look at my next post. I love bullshit. I mean it is harder than you think to watch stances the whole game. And it will open up other stuff.
Haha yeah.. theres other stuff i have with joker i have yet to unleashed.. and with the new buffs.. hopefully more dirt is found

laudanum09

Darling
very cool!

old man Valle had something similar, different set up with sweep, but not quite this refined. He was baffled too when it wouldn't cross up. Considering how ancient he is, he would have never figured it out anyways, so credit should go to you Cat great find. I think it's some good motivation for everyone to start thinking out of the box in training mode.

I'm going to test this tonight with j.1

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Oh wow you can mix up even more by doing 3,2(one hit) ex rlg cuz that switches stance as well.

So people will need to watch what stance you initiate the combo in, whether you used a jump in, and if you're using 3,2, whether you use 3,2 ex rlg or 3,2(one hit) ex rlg.
So much shit to take in LOL

And on top of this, you can just not do this ender altogether, and since they are focusing so much on whether to block forward or back, you can go for the non-tech roll teeth set up.

So much mind fuckery from this single combo man.

Loving this character so much.

Reactions: RYX

laudanum09

Darling
The thing is guys, the flower pushback is changing and becoming normalized for stances two patches later.

There are still possibilities I think to set up stuff. It'd be great to have a situation where j1 hits front and j.2 hits crossup or something. Joker lives off of his crossups right now, it's his only 'mixup' that can get us damage aside from the frametrap here and there. We should definitely be looking towards finding even more stuff like this.

I've been lazy but now, I'm motivated!

Gilbagz

Joker here~
The thing is guys, the flower pushback is changing and becoming normalized for stances two patches later.

There are still possibilities I think to set up stuff. It'd be great to have a situation where j1 hits front and j.2 hits crossup or something. Joker lives off of his crossups right now, it's his only 'mixup' that can get us damage aside from the frametrap here and there. We should definitely be looking towards finding even more stuff like this.

I was literally testing stuff like this out today.
There looks like a sweet spot but the spacing for the j1 cross up is tight as hell.

In other news I managed to find an always blockable set up, i.e. you block it whether you block left or right... LOL
Timing just happened to work out like that for some reason

Cat

Pretty sure they just fixing the advantage on acid blossom for one of the stance not the push back or anything.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Cat

hopefully not, this is sweet tech.
Yeah I doubt they will mess with animation and pushback
Only reason one pushes further is because of his flower beinf on one side of his shirt so when he leans in to squirt its closer on one side.

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Hi man, good to see you back, my tech is quite similar on this. I am currently working on this for a corner version but I haven't find yet something interesting.
Well I learn one thing thanks to you ! Right now I understand why my cross up did not works sometimes. Sweet.

Finally it's a big strenght for Joker, It can give an illusion to the opponent if we cross up or not. Really sweet thx.

Ren21

Noob
So i'm pretty sure the way this works is his sweep when used in combos has a different
wakeup timing depending on what stance your in. I noticed this a few
weeks ago and posted my findings in GD (post 362) but didnt track down the exact
cause WHY the timings change. Cat confirmed whatever stance hes in
determines the sweep wakeup timing.

When you get the longer wakeup timing the character is on the ground a
little longer allowing your j2 to crossup because hes getting up
slower. Cat Dr Jackal did you not notice this when playing around with this?

Theres a few problems with this but it still needs testing. I havent
been using the sweep in combos when I found this because it didnt seem consistant.

On "taller' characters this setup seems to not work (Doomsday,
Batman, Superman need to test more) because even with the slight slowed
wakeup, the character is still too tall for j2 to get to the other side
and crossup in time.

Wakeup attacks blow it up obviously.

Also need to test but randomly when you go into a match sometimes some moves DONT change his stance when it should. Example sometimes j2 doesnt change his stance when it "should". This goes along with other strings.

I guess this is bringing ending combos with sweep more into the spotlight now as viable and def needs to be tested more but at a glance it seems like a hassle if the stance changes randomly and you have to do a combo to see what stance causes the harder knockdown and which doesn't. Hopefully if they address this stance change fix Joker will be able to get that harder knock 100% regardless of stance. I found some pretty nice bait setups from getting a hard knock down that close to Joker (vs f21 ender which puts them much farther away and not as much things to threaten with) A couple I have in my notes when I was messing around with it.

Quality is terrible I know ill up it up to 720p next time

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I wish my cat was this cool.

All she does is lay around...

Cat

So i'm pretty sure the way this works is his sweep when used in combos has a different
wakeup timing depending on what stance your in. I noticed this a few
weeks ago and posted my findings in GD (post 362) but didnt track down the exact
cause WHY the timings change. Cat confirmed whatever stance hes in
determines the sweep wakeup timing.

When you get the longer wakeup timing the character is on the ground a
little longer allowing your j2 to crossup because hes getting up
slower. Cat Dr Jackal did you not notice this when playing around with this?

Theres a few problems with this but it still needs testing. I havent
been using the sweep in combos when I found this because it didnt seem consistant.

On "taller' characters this setup seems to not work (Doomsday,
Batman, Superman need to test more) because even with the slight slowed
wakeup, the character is still too tall for j2 to get to the other side
and crossup in time.

Wakeup attacks blow it up obviously.

Also need to test but randomly when you go into a match sometimes some moves DONT change his stance when it should. Example sometimes j2 doesnt change his stance when it "should". This goes along with other strings.

I guess this is bringing ending combos with sweep more into the spotlight now as viable and def needs to be tested more but at a glance it seems like a hassle if the stance changes randomly and you have to do a combo to see what stance causes the harder knockdown and which doesn't. Hopefully if they address this stance change fix Joker will be able to get that harder knock 100% regardless of stance. I found some pretty nice bait setups from getting a hard knock down that close to Joker (vs f21 ender which puts them much farther away and not as much things to threaten with) A couple I have in my notes when I was messing around with it.

Quality is terrible I know ill up it up to 720p next time

Interesting. But I think it has to do with the flower stance. If you notice in one combo it pushes back forward so making your jump hit in front. On the other one it pushes back less so the cross over happens

And nice set ups on the video. I have a few as well

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Ren21 Nice video, I think this set up is quite interesting specially if you use it in wall combos, you can do F3MB as well to be safe if you are midscreen, I am using this more and more even if it cost me a MB.

I think the push block is a cool set up if you are close to your opponent. It is rare that my opponents try to wake up if my character is far from them. If you are close to them they will wake up or try to poke.

I noticed this too, and I don't have an answer yet :joker::(

I thought this was a glitch! I was in training mode and the same stuff happened to me. Like, why was I crossing up in my last training session but not here?

Anyways thanks a lot, I was gonna dismiss it but thanks for confirming.

About corner combos!
3,2 xx RlgMB d2 xx Teeth, NJ2, Teeth, 3,3 3,2 (1 hit) Teeth (about 43% dmg) and then u can do anything! I like bf3 to get more almost guaranteed 15%. This juggle pretty easy if u do NJ2 and followed Teeth fast as it possible!