What's new

Joker combos & setups by Kombat Houston's Cat

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
One of Houston, Texas' finest Mortal Kombat and now Injustice: GAU players has set forth on a path to insanity. KH Cat recently uploaded some very interesting Joker combos and setups that use his moves combined with various stage interactables for the damage. It's one thing folks will have to get used to for now... using that stage in your favor!

Below are some additional notes from KH Cat:
"Some combos with the joker in the corner and midscreen. as well as some teeth set ups midscreen using the background bounce , since your opponent cannot roll out and only wake up attacks.. although some wake up attacks do not work and get punished anyways.

picking a stage with a midscreen background bounce is key for joker. as he can do more damage without using meter as well as set up teeth traps.. the corner is still where he shines.. but using midscreen bounces make him deadly there as well."
Source: KombatHouston
Credit: KombatHouston

Attachments

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Nice.. thanks for the front page.. hopefully other joker players can put in some work as well and try and find some new stuff with joker
heres my AA combos as well

Gilbagz

Joker here~
This is Gold! Cat
Was trying to find a better way for combos, cuz hit confirming 3 into mb RLG is ridiculously hard.
And RLG doesn't link into anything else besides like maybe 2 (maybe someone could correct me on this.)
Forgot all about the interactables

Cat

This is Gold! Cat
Was trying to find a better way for combos, cuz hit confirming 3 into mb RLG is ridiculously hard.
And RLG doesn't link into anything else besides like maybe 2 (maybe someone could correct me on this.)
Forgot all about the interactables
you can combo off f2,3 into mb RLB

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
thanks for that AA video. My biggest problem so far with joker was AA, not knowing what to do after d1, and there are alot of jumpers in this game :)

Reactions: Cat

Ren21

Noob
looks like f2, 3, mb rlg doesn't work on big characters. Not 100% but seems like it doesnt (tested on grundy, bane etc)

I'm trying to main the joker and I'm trying to trap my opponent with teeth setups but they keep escaping also will you do a guide for the joker? that would really help alot.

Cat

I'm trying to main the joker and I'm trying to trap my opponent with teeth setups but they keep escaping also will you do a guide for the joker? that would really help alot.
Ill work on one later. Trying to gather as much stuff as possible.

And I just found out that 323 ends in a untechable knockdown so they can't roll. You don't have enough time to set teeth and get a jump in. But you can get a free jump for sure and just do pressure or a mix up with grabs. Or what not.