What's new

Video/Tutorial Joker beats ZOD 10-0. Proof inside

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I don't get the joke, but anyway most people I encounter online have some form of pocket joker and apparently all you have to do is spam jump in 3 and throw teeth whenever you get a HKD; I Didn't see much else going on in this match.

IMO Zod-Joker is 5-5 but it's a pain in the arse for Zod since Joker's pistol spam trades with lasers and side arms, and nullifies any attempt at rifle space control.
No

Real talk ZOD wins the MU 8-2

This was a joke on Trutalent

Pig Of The Hut

@Fromundaman, who I think is on the same level of Qwark, says Joker beats Zod and he showed me at Civil War. When I was in the corner it was 10 - 0, but it came down to a zoning game and me running away for my life :/ Also he smartly push blocked all my setups and his gun negated my IAZB game, so against a good player who can get you in the corner it's a tough match :(
I feel 8-2 ZOD favor and I've played qwark emp dark notes4 and all the jokers

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
I can see why he'd jump so much. I'm pretty certain jokers jump back covers more distance than dashing plus j3

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Man...i'm a total jerk, but his Flash, ugh. Needed to use RMS+1 to punish gunshot and could have gotten about 46% off of it if he MB and used trait. Whenever I have a Joker jumping at me a lot, I just anti-air with Flying Uppercut or anti-air with RMS+1 or RMS+2 if timed correctly. Your Joker looks sick, though @Qwark28

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Won't happen. I feared this would happen but my mom currently has a very serious health problem and I was hoping it would be solved by now but it isn't. I had the money ready to pre-reg and book the flights, found 'em SUPER cheap but I need to come with a guardian and it's not possible right now.

Kind of is the reason I haven't been playing lately, super depressed over this.
:(

I'm sorry to hear. Hope things get better for you.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I feel 8-2 ZOD favor and I've played qwark emp dark notes4 and all the jokers
I also believe Joker is a completely different character offline and online (I know it applies to all characters to a degree, but I feel it's especially true with Joker; almost everything that works offline doesn't online and vice versa), but IDK, maybe you're right and I need to play you to know, but so far I have yet to ever lose to a Zod player.

To be honest, I don't see a whole lot Zod can really do to me in this matchup; I win all trades from any range, trait "50/50" setups from fullscreen are easily blocked, and so far all of the tech you've posted I've found ways out of with well timed pushblocks/blocks (Although mindgames come into play with bounce cancels), you have no wakeups, you have no safe way to get out of my pressure and the corner is my playground.
IDK if you have tech you've not released that could change this, or maybe top Zods can prove me wrong, but I really don't see how this is 8-2 offline (Although online I definitely agree with that score).

I wish I'd been able to find RelaxedState and get some matches with him at CW though to see if that changed my opinion :(

But yeah, I'm going to forever be blown up about my MU ideas until I place, which makes sense.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Haha I played this guys Flash once myself with my pocket Superman zoning http://www.twitch.tv/tru3ta1ent/b/509629180 about 1:49:00 in lol

But back to @Qwark28, props on the godlike Joker. You make 8-2s look like 5-5s ;)

LBSH, Zod clearly needs better keepaway tools, more zoning options and trait to last twice as long, he has no chance in the Joker match.....

:joker:

Also I sincerely hope your mum gets better Qwark, I know what that's like myself :(

Pig Of The Hut

I also believe Joker is a completely different character offline and online (I know it applies to all characters to a degree, but I feel it's especially true with Joker; almost everything that works offline doesn't online and vice versa), but IDK, maybe you're right and I need to play you to know, but so far I have yet to ever lose to a Zod player.

To be honest, I don't see a whole lot Zod can really do to me in this matchup; I win all trades from any range, trait "50/50" setups from fullscreen are easily blocked, and so far all of the tech you've posted I've found ways out of with well timed pushblocks/blocks (Although mindgames come into play with bounce cancels), you have no wakeups, you have no safe way to get out of my pressure and the corner is my playground.
IDK if you have tech you've not released that could change this, or maybe top Zods can prove me wrong, but I really don't see how this is 8-2 offline (Although online I definitely agree with that score).

I wish I'd been able to find RelaxedState and get some matches with him at CW though to see if that changed my opinion :(

But yeah, I'm going to forever be blown up about my MU ideas until I place, which makes sense.
When can we play and end the debate offline

flipkev

Tank Top Guy
Here's how I see it man, if I play the runaway game constantly it's 8-2 , if u play anywhere mid screen or close or try to rush him down its 5-5
Right, that's the only was I was able to get wins off of @Fromundaman, when I kept near full screen, punished his gun with side arm and when ever I got trait out mix him up or establish more zoning. But zoning and jump back to Zod charge to catch his jump/dash was key.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
When can we play and end the debate offline
No idea; hopefully UFGT or EVO, assuming I actually have money to go to these.

All I can say is this: If Zod - Joker is 8-2, then I am either godlike at this game or every Zod player ever is really bad and I don't think the Zod players I've played have been bad...

But ehhh... w/e. I fully understand that until I place I am just a no name posting opinions; hopefully that will change in the future.

Pig Of The Hut

No idea; hopefully UFGT or EVO, assuming I actually have money to go to these.

All I can say is this: If Zod - Joker is 8-2, then I am either godlike at this game or every Zod player ever is really bad and I don't think the Zod players I've played have been bad...

But ehhh... w/e. I fully understand that until I place I am just a no name posting opinions; hopefully that will change in the future.
Hopefully see u at UFGT and Evo

Iamthejewish

General Zod of Israel - *Kneel*
I'm sorry Pig but I must say, Tru3Talent ZOD isn't good... I bet the matchup between you two would be different. I saw your video against EMPEROR Dark joker's, and you bodied him. It's all about the player who uses the character.

Shawi

Noob
I'm sorry Pig but I must say, Tru3Talent ZOD isn't good... I bet the matchup between you two would be different. I saw your video against EMPEROR Dark joker's, and you bodied him. It's all about the player who uses the character.
I didn't know that. Revelation here guys ^