What's new

General/Other - Hat Trick Join me

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
We just got a new game, one where new life can be breathed on.

I would like to ask you guys to join me once more, and explore this variation to its fullest, now everyone is pretty much on nearly equal ground with us, no more benjamin armorz, or benjamin buttons, still a bit unsure due the walkspeed and backdash not being improved, and actually scared our spin might still whiff on ermac hitbox since its practically untouched.

But i still ask you guys to join me in this road and re-explore every MU as possible, since now we have more room to breath, better buttons to press and hopefully some consistency as well, which is indeed what we needed.

Our most trustworthy tool (Hatarang) got fixed, Call back also got fixed, our TP is 10 more faster on ground, and a lot of possibilities are already coming in mind specially with the new buttons and better frame data (as i said before, he needed that), the away traps are still a gimmick but there is indeed more threat behind it with the abundant amor nerf.

We may have not get exactly the things we wanted, we still got the things we need, the only thing i'm skeptical about right now is the juggle difference on call back standing vs crouching, but in the patch notes, it states that is easier to combo from it as well, so lets see. Tempest and Buzzsaw might still be better than Hat Trick, but this was never about making Hat Trick better than these two, it was about we feeling comfort while using this variation, more consistency should reward us from our performance.

I will be making new topics regardless this new Hat Trap Overlord and my thoughs on it with videos and techs, but as far as my mind can reach, this patch is pretty lit, specially because it puts everyone else almost to our equal footing. There is a lot of positive universal changes that helps our cause as well, which leads me to believe that further changes on our character with this new meta wasn't needed, kinda glad the things got shaken up a bit, now lets see how it goes from here right? Also, Lord Paulo is a Hat fam.

@ETC Mcfly @Youphemism @False God Confirmed @Dankster Morgan @just_2swift @colt @ROG Moonspell @FCP/EMP SCAR @A F0xy Grampa @Scott The Scot

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Don't play hat trick. Just wanted to say. You got what you deserved.

And I will be joining you all.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Dude, we haven't even gotten our hands on the patch yet. You have no idea what things are like yet. Calm down lol.

Hat Trick's pressure (probably) isn't even better, there's no (listed) changes to the speed/recovery of hat trap so besides the 7 frame D1 and B1 I don't really think he got buffed that much. It's just a few fixes really.

But let's not make final judgements before we've actually got to use these changes and see for ourselves. At least with some frame data changes on stuff I can retest Hat Trick's cancel data if you want to help with that :p

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Dude, we haven't even gotten our hands on the patch yet. You have no idea what things are like yet. Calm down lol.

Hat Trick's pressure (probably) isn't even better, there's no (listed) changes to the speed/recovery of hat trap so besides the 7 frame D1 and B1 I don't really think he got buffed that much. It's just a few fixes really.

But let's not make final judgements before we've actually got to use these changes and see for ourselves. At least with some frame data changes on stuff I can retest Hat Trick's cancel data if you want to help with that :p
I didn't said anything about the cancel either, as far as i know its practically the same, so he got better frame data on new strings to compensate, so we might actually only cancel into trap on knockdowns, or some mixups, since F21d1 is now -7 its worth abusing, same with 7f b1, which the full string is -3 on block now.
On top of that, the amount of super blockstuns some punishable moves got were taken away in add of having their super dumb armored launcher removes, what i'm saying is, we got what we need, and our character might get indirectly buffed due the general meta change.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Looks really good. The double armor on tele is also much. If he obtained more buffs then he would get jumped on.

Besides every nerff was a buff. This is like new game to us ;)