this is from tens of thousands of games experience with johnny cage

baraka 6-4

csz 6-4

cyrax 4.5 5.5

ermac 6-4

freddy krueger 3-7

jade 7-3

jax 7-3

johnny cage (very important to note p1 has an advantage here in this mu) 5.5 4.5

kabal 3-7

kano 7-3

kenshi 2-8

kitana 5-5

kung lao 5.5 4.5

liu kang 5-5

mileena 7-3

nightwolf 7-3

noob 6-4

quan chi 7-3

raiden 6-4

reptile 6-4

rain 5.5 4.5

scorpion 6.5 3.5

sektor 6-4

shang 5-5

sheeva 7-3

sindel 6.5 3.5

skarlett 5.5 4.5

smoke 6.5 3.5

sonya 4-6

stryker 7-3

sub zero 6-4

i truely believe this is correct :)

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
But our opinions are the right ones :cool: .
:) No, they're not. It is A LOT of people's opinions to deal with.
And I swear I remember lots of guys insisting on Sub having the advantage over Cage IF played correctly only to have other guys arguing that previous statement with a simple "these people don't play the match-up right". Same thing goes for Lao-Cage. I remember many top players saying it's a nightmare for Lao only for Cage mains to just say "IF you make the right reads, Cage has all the tools..." bla bla. Anyway, that's just another opinion of course, not that it matters. :)

this is from tens of thousands of games experience with johnny cage

baraka 6-4

csz 6-4

cyrax 4.5 5.5

ermac 6-4

freddy krueger 3-7

jade 7-3

jax 7-3

johnny cage (very important to note p1 has an advantage here in this mu) 5.5 4.5

kabal 3-7

kano 7-3

kenshi 2-8

kitana 5-5

kung lao 5.5 4.5

liu kang 5-5

mileena 7-3

nightwolf 7-3

noob 6-4

quan chi 7-3

raiden 6-4

reptile 6-4

rain 5.5 4.5

scorpion 6.5 3.5

sektor 6-4

shang 5-5

sheeva 7-3

sindel 6.5 3.5

skarlett 5.5 4.5

smoke 6.5 3.5

sonya 4-6

stryker 7-3

sub zero 6-4

i truely believe this is correct :)
I like this one. I didn't play the kang-cage mu a whole bunch when I played. I played it quite a bit but not as much as I would of liked at the highest level. The best liu kang i played was forever swagg. I don't really have a strong opinion on the mu but most people don't seem to think it's 5-5 . Why do you think it's 5-5 ?

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I like this one. I didn't play the kang-cage mu a whole bunch when I played. I played it quite a bit but not as much as I would of liked at the highest level. The best liu kang i played was forever swagg. I don't really have a strong opinion on the mu but most people don't seem to think it's 5-5 . Why do you think it's 5-5 ?
I guess because Kang's standing 2 is 8frames while Cage's f3 is 9.

:) No, they're not. It is A LOT of people's opinions to deal with.
And I swear I remember lots of guys insisting on Sub having the advantage over Cage IF played correctly only to have other guys arguing that previous statement with a simple "these people don't play the match-up right". Same thing goes for Lao-Cage. I remember many top players saying it's a nightmare for Lao only for Cage mains to just say "IF you make the right reads, Cage has all the tools..." bla bla. Anyway, that's just another opinion of course, not that it matters. :)
But for certain mu's, certain people's opinions matter more to me. For example, if a cage player played denzell and tom brady regularly, I would trust their opinion on the sub zero mu more than someone who never played those guys. I've played forever king (who most people consider the best lao) and i've played a foxy grampa. And a foxy grampa is undoubtedly better in that mu than forever king and i don't think any serious cage player would disagree with me if they played forever king and then immediatedly afterwards played foxy or vice versa (something I've done) .

liu kang can deal good range game and equally well upclose . he has mix ups that can mess with jc up close. Liu always has b3 or s2 to counter poke jc and doesnt have to worry as much of jc f3, 9 frame move due to liu 8 frame standing 2 full combo . jc has 8 frame s1 but not half of a threat being 213'd by liu. liu mix ups are deadly for jc and jc cant just think he can do f3 21 d3 f3 11 etc .Lius strings are mainly neutral and is not an issue whatsoever being face to face in this mu. its purely about patience either side and jc will be the one guessing most the time . i main smoke jc and liu 3rd so played this mu 1000s and actually prefer it with liu :D . without jc constant f3 threats, and him trying to get in there is no advantage for jc .also lius s2 range is good compared to jc so always keeps him on his toes with f3 or s2 as he gets close . cage has no great legitimate way of entry . hope this satisfys :D

KL can not bird it against JC lol. Its 6-4 on Cages favor.
trust me its not. i just done cage lui write up. its more like 5.5 and kl can bird lao cage but most bird laos abuse it and get hit out of it and wonder why bird lao isnt working.(recent game saw a cage in tourny uppercuttings the bird lao) , this is ridiculous and not a tactic as each uppercut can so easily be baited and punished this is not a solid 6-4 match up. if people request another write up i will be happy to do it tommorow for kl vs cage

trust me its not. i just done cage lui write up. its more like 5.5 and kl can bird lao cage but most bird laos abuse it and get hit out of it and wonder why bird lao isnt working.(recent game saw a cage in tourny uppercuttings the bird lao) , this is ridiculous and not a tactic as each uppercut can so easily be baited and punished this is not a solid 6-4 match up. if people request another write up i will be happy to do it tommorow for kl vs cage
That would be nice because no one besides a hand full of people seem to understand it fully.