What's new

Match Footage - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage Match/Video Thread

Here's a nice excibition set between the winner of the first MKX tournament of the Dominican Republic: E1A (Johnny Cage-SD) vs a well known Dominican Cassie Player: DR-Gross (Cassie Cage-HWood).
The exibition was a first to 7, but the first two matches were not recorded.

Enjoy.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Good games @Killer Xinok , I would zone Cassie more if I were you but I like your style.
It's good to see that A-List can be played in different ways but still be effective; it's a character that always reflects the personal style of the player and is very fun to watch and play. Something rare in a game where many character are really one-dimensional.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Here's a nice excibition set between the winner of the first MKX tournament of the Dominican Republic: E1A (Johnny Cage-SD) vs a well known Dominican Cassie Player: DR-Gross (Cassie Cage-HWood).
The exibition was a first to 7, but the first two matches were not recorded.

Enjoy.
Shit man this similar to how I play SD was about to comment on using F3 clone cancel a lot but it's Cassie she can easily punish F34 so you might as well take the risk against her ayleast you have shadows against her, I wonder why he didn't punish your F34.
Only observation I have is when you used one shadow and you had one left for awhile do not be afraid to load up another one
Really enjoyed the watch man

Oh and I can feel you pain after popping them going in for F3 and get 333 instead it's annoying

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
What is the frame data of Johnny's ex nut punch on block? It has weird push back on different characters. Sonya has absolutely no guarantee punish on block lol. The two characters I find it easiest to punish ex nut punch are Kitana and Scorpion, they aren't pushed too far and their standing 1 can easily hit. But everyone can armored through the gap between two hits....at least it makes up for the fact that some has trouble punishing ex nut punch

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
Good games @Killer Xinok , I would zone Cassie more if I were you but I like your style.
It's good to see that A-List can be played in different ways but still be effective; it's a character that always reflects the personal style of the player and is very fun to watch and play. Something rare in a game where many character are really one-dimensional.
Thanks man!
I'm not the kind of player who likes zooning, in 2012 when I was a bad player a lost to a Kenshi in mk9 in a grand finals 4-0, I played sektor, he zooned me out, so I promised myself that I would become a good player to beat all the existing zooners.. hahah but anyway..
Play against cassie is the kind of game "I know that you know that I know that you will do this bait", pure mindgame, he didn't accept any mixup so easily, fuzzyguards all the time.

Killer Xinok

What is the frame data of Johnny's ex nut punch on block? It has weird push back on different characters. Sonya has absolutely no guarantee punish on block lol. The two characters I find it easiest to punish ex nut punch are Kitana and Scorpion, they aren't pushed too far and their standing 1 can easily hit. But everyone can armored through the gap between two hits....at least it makes up for the fact that some has trouble punishing ex nut punch
I think It's like -12.. block the second hit standing, so you don't get too much pushback.. And about the gap, if you are against an A-list cage, and he does normal nut punch and right after this activate the EX version, there's no gap.. So get used to punish the whole animation

Frosted 57

Reforming Lurker
Cassie she can easily punish F34 so you might as well take the risk against her ayleast you have shadows against her, I wonder why he didn't punish your F34.
In A-list F34 has more pushback than in SD or FC. So Cassies getaway actually whiffs after F34 everywhere except if she's in the corner. It is kind of ironic, since A-List is the variation that doesn't need F34 to be safe at all really and it is the safest of the three. Cassie can still punish it with D3 though.

@Killer Xinok
Also, after Ex Forceballs you kept going to F3. Cassie can reversal Getaway Flip and it will beat F3 clean. It is a risk sure, since if you don't F3 it will whiff and you can then run in full punish or just shadow kick. But you went for F3 after Forceballs every time and it would be worth it to make you hesitant on your pressure. Or did your opponent not know that? Just an observation, and good matches.

Killer Xinok

In A-list F34 has more pushback than in SD or FC. So Cassies getaway actually whiffs after F34 everywhere except if she's in the corner. It is kind of ironic, since A-List is the variation that doesn't need F34 to be safe at all really and it is the safest of the three. Cassie can still punish it with D3 though.

@Killer Xinok
Also, after Ex Forceballs you kept going to F3. Cassie can reversal Getaway Flip and it will beat F3 clean. It is a risk sure, since if you don't F3 it will whiff and you can then run in full punish or just shadow kick. But you went for F3 after Forceballs every time and it would be worth it to make you hesitant on your pressure. Or did your opponent not know that? Just an observation, and good matches.
Poto and I play a lot together, he knew I was waiting for the getaway flip after ex forceballs, to whiff punish it, so he doesn't went for it.. and I took advantage

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!

@Killer Xinok
He was playing SD though
Or are you speaking in general why I wouldn't be a Cassie players muscle memory to flip kick reversal?

Frosted 57

Reforming Lurker
He was playing SD though
Or are you speaking in general why I wouldn't be a Cassie players muscle memory to flip kick reversal?
Nope, that is my fault. My brain didn't realize you had quoted that video for some reason since most of the recent comments have been for Xinok's matches, you are right. Although thanks for giving me the credit of trying to find a reason for my response to make sense. :)

Poto and I play a lot together, he knew I was waiting for the getaway flip after ex forceballs, to whiff punish it, so he doesn't went for it.. and I took advantage
Fair enough if you guys play each other often. It just surprised me to not see him go for it.

Killer Xinok

And talking about Cage A-list's F34 against Cassie, she can punish him with 3xxGetawayFlip and follow the combo.. It's one frame punish though.. But, be careful..

@Killer Xinok Very awesome matches. Congrats on the win. I was especially impressed at how consistent you were with the Ex nutpunch to anti air cross overs. Two questions about this though:

1. Do you have, any special input for this? Or do you just wait for her to cross over then do the input normally?

2. Is there a reason why you don't do standing 2 to anti-air instead?

Killer Xinok

@Killer Xinok Very awesome matches. Congrats on the win. I was especially impressed at how consistent you were with the Ex nutpunch to anti air cross overs. Two questions about this though:

1. Do you have, any special input for this? Or do you just wait for her to cross over then do the input normally?

2. Is there a reason why you don't do standing 2 to anti-air instead?
Thanks bro!
No, there's no special input, I get used to do this move cause I used the same tactic in mk9 with cage.. But there's a little trick, when you are blocking, keep pressing foward, and when your opponent jumps you can do either ex np (for me it gets easier cause I'm always buffing) or just dash/backdash under it.

About the standing 2 anti cross.. against cassie it's too dangerous.. I don't even know why I used standing 1 to anti-cross, I almost killed myself.. haha. The hurtbox on cassie's JIP is too weird to try these kind of thing

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Grand Final GetReady Tournament

SOA_KillerXinok vs Konqueror249

@Konqueror249_ @Killer Xinok
Great win @Killer Xinok , that Shinnok was badass too. Nice sets!
My favorite moment was the backdash catch after EX forceball in the last game...great read.

I just think that you should go for some SK dash cancel combos sometimes, you never use 12DC, B34SKDC, or F3DC mid combo to extend it. It would help a lot expecially for wall carry.
And maybe use a little bit less charged flipkick on block when the opponent is in the corner...but I consider that your signature move so it's ok :cool:

Killer Xinok

Great win @Killer Xinok , that Shinnok was badass too. Nice sets!
My favorite moment was the backdash catch after EX forceball in the last game...great read.

I just think that you should go for some SK dash cancel combos sometimes, you never use 12DC, B34SKDC, or F3DC mid combo to extend it. It would help a lot expecially for wall carry.
And maybe use a little bit less charged flipkick on block when the opponent is in the corner...but I consider that your signature move so it's ok :cool:
hahahaha thanks man, differently from Dizzy's opponent, my opponent knew the Cage matchup, it was hard to adapt. And yeah, I really should go for these combos sometimes, but 12dc too risky to do in an opponent that has that reaction, and knew that was not so positive on block, he would certainly punish me with his f4. and about the charged flip kick in the corner. 4xxChargedflip kick has only 6 frames of gap and it's -3 on block, Shinnok couldn't do anything to punish me in that situation without armor.. and that move let me in a very good spacing. but he Hellsparked me a lot :( anyway, that was one of the thoughest matchs I ever fought