What's new

General/Other Johnny Cage Kouncil

Do you like the idea of the Johnny Cage Kouncil?

• Total voters

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Technically, I don't think this character council was requested (if I'm wrong, correct me). I offered it to the Cage Moderator, Mikemetroid - along with any other Cage players who'd like to join in and work to strengthen their character community.

Once I've finished up a chain of councils for some other characters, feel free to join me and the rest of the Hollywood egotists on Skype for a full-fledged discussion on Cage. Whether it be character basics, advanced strategies, unique gameplans from some players, tournament player history for Cage users, their thoughts on their character section from here, or any other topics they wish to bring to the table, it's a free-for-all discussion.

Nuts will be punched into submission, sunglasses will be broken and replaced, and faces will be broken in by knees. HEY-OOOH!

To any who are interested, add me on Skype as "gamerblake90" and post in this thread while tagging other Cage players who may be interested in taking part.

GGA Dizzy CURBOLICOUS Claude VonStroke MITDJT Marvaz Playpal

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i would participate in this if you need people and allow me to get on the council, am not just an online player. ill make a skype too, let me know if i could be in this.

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
quick question for the Cages out there, when I'm playing i from time to time throw out 21B4 and it hits basically every time i try it, why don't i see more people completing this string with the low?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
quick question for the Cages out there, when I'm playing i from time to time throw out 21B4 and it hits basically every time i try it, why don't i see more people completing this string with the low?
because if someone blocks it you're at a really bad disadvantage. If it hits, you don't have any advantage. It is very unsafe in matchups where someone can full combo punish it.

It's like 132. Sure it will hit but its not really gonna do any good for anything besides the hit.

Zyphox

21b4 is +1 on hit right? it might be a way to bait a poke back and then punish the poke, just like f32, everyone and their mothers d1 after it unless you are smart and baiting the cage's d1. i use f32 stand block and wait for the dummy to d1 and f33 punish, that might work with 21b4 because if they know its +1 they will try either to jump over you or poke you, both baitable situations.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
21b4 is +1 on hit right? it might be a way to bait a poke back and then punish the poke, just like f32, everyone and their mothers d1 after it unless you are smart and baiting the cage's d1. i use f32 stand block and wait for the dummy to d1 and f33 punish, that might work with 21b4 because if they know its +1 they will try either to jump over you or poke you, both baitable situations.
It's just too risky and top players will fuzzy guard it.

Zyphox

It's just too risky and top players will fuzzy guard it.
thaats what people said about scorpions vortex lol but i mean its -8 if it gets block and they try to do a normal slower than 8 frames you could always ex nutpunch, but anyways i think we are off topic here we could discuss all of this on the kouncil lol