What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage Hitbox issues (post XL patch)

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Considering NRS employees don't seem to always understand their own game *cough cough * balancing and Lansdown *cough cough* oh, excuse me. I don't think we care that you don't really care that he doesn't really care ad infinitum. :DOGE
Aahh man, you just had to pull the infinitum card...

I get that it's probably a cop out but judging by their response it will never be changed. Besides how do they fix it? Add a phantom hurt box when crouched? It will make the animations look stupid IMO

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Just no to the forceball nerf. If Cage is going to receive nerfs, they should be variation specific. I'm tired of collateral nerfs to Fisticuffs, when all he needs is to be buffed.

And about the whiffs...http://testyourmight.com/threads/speedbag-on-block-is-inconsistent.58608/
At this point, we still have one variation of Cage with terrible whiffing problems in his main string. But people don't talk much about this because nobody plays fisticuffs. This whiffing issues make the variation completely unreliable at high level, but nrs seems not care so this will probably never be fixed.
Sorry I forgot to specified that I only meant the force ball nerfs to A-list...

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
i hope that they fix this instead of just nerfing the character to shit. i am sure people will find something to complain about cage after the release as well.

No execution chars allowed : (

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
First time playing Stunt Double.

I have trouble landing the nut punch combo from player 1 side and I'm more comfortable from player 2 side. Why I kept trying to switch sides everytime, that hurt my gameplay since I was getting punished for it... And couldn't really get pressure started from player 1 side.

I know now that in the corner I should do shadow kick mimic instead of rising mimic for advantage! But yeah tell me what do you guys think?

Scorps teleport limits my movement too lol.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
The "talk of buffs" came from one of your tribe who shat on Cage players until he actually tried playing him.

Never change, TYM.
Well I did say that I still think A-list is one of the best in the game, even though it has unintended issues that should be addressed asap!

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
People getting zoned out by Cage, please go back to the drawing board *picardfacepalm

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Well I did say that I still think A-list is one of the best in the game, even though it has unintended issues that should be addressed asap!
He certainly is, especially at this point in the game's life. Doesn't change the fact it wasn't a day one Cage player calling for buffs to address "issues".

IamSub0

Noob Saibot
Guys, important PSA for any johnny player. I don't have video proof currently, but the tournament skin has a glaring hitbox issue which causes 114 to whiff on some crouch blocking opponents. I've noticed it happen twice in the past couple days, once with Kano, and iirc once against scorpion. If someone can test this against females and see it would help identify the problem properly. From what I have noticed it doesn't occur with his other skins, I switched to the standard skin against the same Kano player and it connected fine.
Do we have any more information about this? I did some quick cursory testing against Kano and got random whiffing of the second hit of 114 (a mid) at midscreen, but this occured with all costumes & variations, not just the Tournament skin.