What's new

JOHNNY BOUGHT A CAR! The Raiden Mentor Thread

Loot

the special effects
Inspired by DaiHuu after playing his NW and him telling me what I was doing wrong and then his wonderful mentor thread on teaching Nightwolf to others I figured I would take up the reins and spread some knowledge on the God of Thunder, Raiden. Having played very few people from here and no local scene, I am not sure how good I actually am but regardless I feel like I do have a bit of knowledge of the basics of Raiden that I can spread and help give to people looking for another character.

Material covered:

Basic combos for both midscreen and corner
Bock strings and follow ups
Wake up game
Teleport advantage
Tiger Knee supermans
Matchups
The unsafe combo

The only area I am not very comfortable with Raiden is mirror matches, as I have yet to face someone I feel is on the same level or better than I with him.

As am I strictly an Xbox 360 player I cannot offer anything to PS3 players, so I offer any PS3 Raiden to use this thread for mentoring as well.

Simply shoot me a friend request (and preferably a post here so I can keep track of who you are) and I'll do my best on to be on as much as possible for you to invite me to games. 1v1 private matches will obviously be the format used due to King being laggy, not to mention it gives a better, more personal learning experience.

Like I said, I make no promises of being a gdlk Raiden player, or player in general, but rather just spreading some of my knowledge and experience. If you wind up being better than myself, which I expect many to be, than great, perhaps I can learn from you. But for the rest of you that are not, you will gain understanding of a new fighter on a level higher than your average casual fighter.

My gamertag is curled mustache and I am normally on Mon/Wed/Thurs before 5pm and after 9pm, after 9pm Friday and Saturday, and generally all day on Tuesday/Sunday.

If I am unavailable on XBL you can also add me on Steam to talk and possibly set something up, just by clicking here and friending me.

Format used from the courtesy of DaiHuu:

Term key:
: O =Still being taught
: X = Currently not being taught
: ? =No idea
: S=Stand by, either no mentor to teach, or other students are currently in the way
:Number=Lessons so far

XBL Mentor: Loot
PSN:

XBL Students:

PSN Students:

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Please take my format, it'll be much easier for you, and students wanting to learn. Other then that good stuff. I'm proud of you. :)

bondjuan

Old School Gamer
This seems great. I have been playing as Raiden for a month now and have started to get a bit better but I know there is still room for improvement. So I would be interested in learning more about this. Thanks in advance for the opportunity :).

I have his BnB combos down pretty well (B+3 2 1, 3 3 4, Superman) but I started doing some other ones recently incorporating the Shock. I apologize if I didn't put the move notations in properly but I do understand them pretty well since I've been lurking on these boards since the release of this game.

My gamertag is Bond Juan and I'll send a friend request to just let you know I'm a member on Test Your Might just incase you don't see this at the time.

Thanks again.

Loot

the special effects
I want to apologize to the few that have messaged me with interest and my lack of getting on. I've been having bad internet connection and some personal health issues that have prevented me from giving out any training. I probably won't be able to do begin with anyone until next Thursday at the earliest, so I apologize profusely for any inconvenience to bond juan, Waxed, and the rest that have expressed interest.

bondjuan

Old School Gamer
No problem I hope you feel better. Thats more important anyway to take care of personal things first. Take care man.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Inspired by DaiHuu after playing his NW and him telling me what I was doing wrong and then his wonderful mentor thread on teaching Nightwolf to others I figured I would take up the reins and spread some knowledge on the God of Thunder, Raiden. Having played very few people from here and no local scene, I am not sure how good I actually am but regardless I feel like I do have a bit of knowledge of the basics of Raiden that I can spread and help give to people looking for another character.

Material covered:

Basic combos for both midscreen and corner
Bock strings and follow ups
Wake up game
Teleport advantage
Tiger Knee supermans
Matchups
The unsafe combo

The only area I am not very comfortable with Raiden is mirror matches, as I have yet to face someone I feel is on the same level or better than I with him.

As am I strictly an Xbox 360 player I cannot offer anything to PS3 players, so I offer any PS3 Raiden to use this thread for mentoring as well.

Simply shoot me a friend request (and preferably a post here so I can keep track of who you are) and I'll do my best on to be on as much as possible for you to invite me to games. 1v1 private matches will obviously be the format used due to King being laggy, not to mention it gives a better, more personal learning experience.

Like I said, I make no promises of being a gdlk Raiden player, or player in general, but rather just spreading some of my knowledge and experience. If you wind up being better than myself, which I expect many to be, than great, perhaps I can learn from you. But for the rest of you that are not, you will gain understanding of a new fighter on a level higher than your average casual fighter.

My gamertag is curled mustache and I am normally on Mon/Wed/Thurs before 5pm and after 9pm, after 9pm Friday and Saturday, and generally all day on Tuesday/Sunday.

If I am unavailable on XBL you can also add me on Steam to talk and possibly set something up, just by clicking here and friending me.

Format used from the courtesy of DaiHuu:

Term key:
: O =Still being taught
: X = Currently not being taught
: ? =No idea
: S=Stand by, either no mentor to teach, or other students are currently in the way
:Number=Lessons so far

XBL Mentor: Loot
PSN:

XBL Students:

PSN Students:
This is a great idea. Unfortunately I am on PS3 and you are on 360, but if there are any PS3 Raiden players that would like to do something similar I would be happy to learn from them, as well as teach if I can. I would like to expand on your idea a bit. In addition to mentoring we can do a feedback type of thing, i.e. let's say I want some feedback (constructive criticism) on my Raiden skills. If somebody would like to play me in a first to 10 series and then post here any feedback they have for me, such as what I did wrong, what I did well, what I need most work on, that would be great. In return I could do the same for them.

So, any volunteers to help me with my Raiden on PS3?

im typically on all the time and can teach some of you raiden players how to use him and even teach the 334 tele grab superman combo guaranteed on first practice session. not cock blocking loots thread but if he or she is sick then id be willing to help out some fighters with raiden as i needed but had to learn on my own. i will show practical kombos with some advanced that are capable of pulling off in an actual match or local tourney! gt is under my name send a friend request and let me know youre from here and would like to learn raiden.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I've had this game for almost a week and I have raiden in consideration as a main. I know a lot about him thanks to these forums but im pretty sure theres a lot I dont know. I'd like a raiden lesson ^_^. My gamertag is under my name..