What's new

JIK combos VS D4

Okay, we all agree that mileenas D4 is basically KL's spin on steroids.

So my question is, When attempting a JIK combo where exactly do i aim for? Her hit box is just so awkward i dont know where to hit here so i can pop her up in the air to start a juggle.

Mileena Roll is KL spin, not D4.... not even close.

Aim it as low to the ground as possible. It stops D4 and Roll.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
The roll is not half as bad as D4 is. That roll is easily baited and punished. Regarding the D4 I havent found spot that would give 100% success. It also depends where kabal starts his jump - how close/far to Mileena. With good Mileena its not worth jumping as they do reverse roll that ends with juggle imo.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
D4 is ridiculous to be honest. But I dont see it or wan't it nerfed. Maybe tweak the hitbox but thats it. You just have to deal with it I guess :(

D4 is ridiculous to be honest. But I dont see it or wan't it nerfed. Maybe tweak the hitbox but thats it. You just have to deal with it I guess :(
But tweaking the hitbox would be a nerf though...

The roll is not half as bad as D4 is. That roll is easily baited and punished. Regarding the D4 I havent found spot that would give 100% success. It also depends where kabal starts his jump - how close/far to Mileena. With good Mileena its not worth jumping as they do reverse roll that ends with juggle imo.
You contradicted yourself here. Roll is far worse than D4 in every possible way. D4 is annoying, Roll is 1/4 life

So... Mileena's D4 has been compared to KL spin and now Cyrax bomb resets? Wow...

Anyway, I gave the OP my advice. Whatever happens in this thread from here on is y'alls issue
I can also see how this thread is about to devolve into an argument about D4. I wonder why people don't talk about Sonya's D4 too often.

Evrain

Noob
D4 is not an "I win" button. I daresay that Kitana's D1 is just as good if not better. No, Kitana doesn't get the lower hit box like Mileena's D4, but D1 comes out very fast and is brilliant for giving her a little chance to breathe.

Kitana's D+1 is a 100 times worse than Mileenas D+4 and sonya has the same D+4...

lol @ you scrubs comparing mileenas D+4 to KL spin and Cyrax 80% resets. Fail...

Evrain

Noob
Kitana's D+1 is a 100 times worse than Mileenas D+4 and sonya has the same D+4...

lol @ you scrubs comparing mileenas D+4 to KL spin and Cyrax 80% resets. Fail...
Do you mean D1 is worse than Mileena's D4 in that it's shittier and is not as good?

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
So... Mileena's D4 has been compared to KL spin and now Cyrax bomb resets? Wow...

Anyway, I gave the OP my advice. Whatever happens in this thread from here on is y'alls issue
I am in no way comparing it to their power. I am comparing it being tweaked to them getting tweaked. You know, when some move has an unintended consequence or property then it simply gets changed. I did not compare it on basis of overpoweredness.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
You contradicted yourself here. Roll is far worse than D4 in every possible way. D4 is annoying, Roll is 1/4 life
The D4 interrupts heavy rushdown and combos. For me - its the other way around. If for you D4 is Only annoying and Roll is a problem/challenge or whatever then thats fine. I just came down with my personal opinion and answered the question. As a Kabal player i got over her about month ago so she is not really an issue for me.

Comparing Mileenas D+4 to a spin thats 6 frames and juggles for big combo damage is laughable. His icon is a KL icon so he probably hates that KL is getting properly fixed and wants the spin to get buffed in some way to make it as good as Mileenas D+4.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Comparing Mileenas D+4 to a spin thats 6 frames and juggles for big combo damage is laughable. His icon is a KL icon so he probably hates that KL is getting properly fixed and wants the spin to get buffed in some way to make it as good as Mileenas D+4.
You dont get sarcasm do you?

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
Personally I find d4 to be a lot worse than roll, because it makes it so I can't get in. I also can't cross up on it either.

So what is the best way around d4. Regular jump kick? Some advice has been using d1 or d4. Well the problem is my Cage's d1 misses, and the his d4 works but it leads to no where. I get 3 percent damage and a little bit of space. If I dash forward I get hit with d4. If jump forward I get hit by something else.

zaf

professor
if you use the ground in training mode, there are squares for measurement.
mileenas d4 covers one square and a bit. it is lengthy.

you cant jik mileena, she can aa you. this is not a real good solution to d4. granted it does work but it is not something you can always do.

i play ermac so i want to gtfo her close range, but if she is close she is d4ing me. almost always does this beat out tkp.
i dash block backwards after blocking d4 to get some space and still get hit by it. if mileena hits ou with d4 she gets advantage like any other character and she can dash right back in on you. i must be doing something very wrong. even if i try to d1 her with ermac which is his best poke, it just goes under her. my d4 is slower then hers and shorter range and usually loses to mileena.
mileena players please help

you cant jik mileena, she can aa you.
No she can't. If she's AAing you that means you're jumping predictably. She can't AA your crossup on reaction with anything but D4. Jumpkicks are for when you're already jumping and she tries to AA with D4.

Personally I find d4 to be a lot worse than roll, because it makes it so I can't get in. I also can't cross up on it either.

So what is the best way around d4. Regular jump kick? Some advice has been using d1 or d4. Well the problem is my Cage's d1 misses, and the his d4 works but it leads to no where. I get 3 percent damage and a little bit of space. If I dash forward I get hit with d4. If jump forward I get hit by something else.
If you're crossing her up do a jumpkick. You use D1/D4 after blocking her D4. You get 3% damage just like she does. So use D4 the same way, you hit with it then make use of the frames to start an offense. (You're Cage so that should be easy enough at that range.) She can't D4 and telekick/roll/whatever all at the same time. Notice what your opponent's doing.

A lot of people are getting the wrong idea about this move. D4 is only viewed as worse than something like roll because it's annoying and safe. But look at this for a second:

1. Roll Anti Airs for 26% damage combos and wakeup traps.... D4 anti airs for only 3% with no wakeup traps.
2. Roll does 2% chip... D4 does less than 1% chip

Especially look at the second point. You know what this means? It means if you really really can't figure out how to stop D4 with the methods listed... just block it. Sit there and block it until the mileena does something else... and they always will. Then punish them for that.

EDIT: LOL it actually takes 330 blocked D4s to kill you... I rest my case.