What's new

Jebailey Speaks About Final Round 2016

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I have never been to FR but it seems as if Larry didn't anticipate the large number of entrants, he said it himself after SF. I'm confident next year will be much better from lessons learned. For example NEC in the past has had some issues but this past NEC was one of the best FGC events I've been to as far as venue and how well it was run. So I know things can change for the better.
They did exceed their expectations in their entrance numbers, but there should've been some sort of contingency plan or better foresight considering it was the first big SFV major and CPT event. If space is an issue, that's when you need to start considering capping your bracket. Events can literally be shut down for having too many people in one area. They should have at least tried to figure something out with their space, like maybe finding other areas in the venue to run a few pools, rather than just going with the original plan.

As far as NEC goes, there were a LOT of issues this past year you must've not been aware of then lol. The venue was cool though, outside the overpriced fast food that took half an hour.

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
I think most people can agree Jebailey runs the most successful/fun/smooth going major year around. It's about time somebody with a real voice spoke up about these issues rather then just players. Any constructive criticism he has to offer should definitely be heard

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
- Really odd bracket-making, and not just in MK. Xian and Xiaohai were in the same pool for example, while there were pools with nothing but no-names.
- Pools and schedules being changed last minute, like literally early morning hours of Saturday. People didn't even know when their pool was supposed to be until like 4AM the day of. I heard this happening for a bunch of games, and it ended up with a good handful of people getting DQ'd.
- Still running on paper brackets, which can create problems in itself, can slow things down, and prevents people from being able to follow from home
@G4S Claude VonStroke
#WhenIsTE

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Can I add that prereg for TCW is only 25$ right now, and that it goes up to 35$ in April. tgsgaming.com/tcw

Also I studied a lot from this weekend and putting things together to try and make things for players even easier. Bracket and scheduling wise.

I am actually pretty sad I missed FR this year, I can't wait till next years event and I will try and make it. I also personally can't wait for NEC. HUUGE room and good people behind it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
From Shoryuken, courtesy of @rev0lver:
http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/22/beyond-the-hype-final-round-19-issues-raise-questions-about-tournament-organization/

Goes into more detail.
"Most of all, though, this event has shown a huge failure in communication at all levels of organization. Of all the issues I’ve heard over the past few days, simple communication is the one thing every single staffer repeated. The chain of command was so gnarled that they couldn’t talk to the person above them when issues arose. If there is one important lesson to take from Final Round, it would be that communication is key and organizers need to be open and approachable."

Last edited:

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
OMFG Fall Out 5 is coming out?!?!!

Oh.. with all this nuclear Fallout... I had only assumed... oh this is about FINAL round... again....

Worse than last year you say? Still haven't learned you say? Power outrages and understaffed you say? Well it's obvious they aren't to blame. They clearly didn't know the Match Up.

Don't worry I'm sure they'll nail it for their 20th Anniversary though!