What's new

JC is breaking the rules of mortal kombat!

I have been playing with cage for quite a while, he is my main however i play with many other characters that can never do this shit

johny cage can combo of his sweep yep the back 4 ,he can link the sweep almost perfectly to a d2 and can combo b4 into f3,3,nut punch but it's not consistent .
for this to happen you and ur opponent have to be in the same stance or it will never work!
now you have a low combo starter :)

i guess you all know that if you do a jk close to the ground you can get a free move like:
nw shoulder or sz slide, cage can do full combos starting with the jk and i mean dash b3 into full combos!
the f3,nut punch is the most consistent,i have tested it with some other characters but i didn't work i guess it's because of cage's fast dash.

i have seen someone posting a video where jc do b4 d1 ,then i began to experiment almost all his moves after the sweep.

this is purely out of training mode and i never used the combos on actual fights ,but i think b4 into uppercut is just way too awesome.

sorry for not posting videos and please tell me if there is a way to land the b4 f3 consistently.

these combos are very hard to perform however if you make the opponent afraid of the sweep ,you can destroy him.

leek

Noob
I have been playing with cage for quite a while, he is my main however i play with many other characters that can never do this shit

johny cage can combo of his sweep yep the back 4 ,he can link the sweep almost perfectly to a d2 and can combo b4 into f3,3,nut punch but it's not consistent .
for this to happen you and ur opponent have to be in the same stance or it will never work!
now you have a low combo starter :)

i guess you all know that if you do a jk close to the ground you can get a free move like:
nw shoulder or sz slide, cage can do full combos starting with the jk and i mean dash b3 into full combos!
the f3,nut punch is the most consistent,i have tested it with some other characters but i didn't work i guess it's because of cage's fast dash.

i have seen someone posting a video where jc do b4 d1 ,then i began to experiment almost all his moves after the sweep.

this is purely out of training mode and i never used the combos on actual fights ,but i think b4 into uppercut is just way too awesome.

sorry for not posting videos and please tell me if there is a way to land the b4 f3 consistently.
It's impractical. It's way too timing dependant to be used in a tournament setting from what I can tell, and is stance specific as well.

He's fine, there's worse to be worried about in the game..

leek

Noob
the b4 d2 is easy to land ,and he is comboing of the sweep this is pretty cool in my opinion.
You're pushing the opponent away and granting a wake up with that though. You almost never want to happen because it becomes a guessing game and slows down the pressure.

It is cool, but hard as hell(for me at least) and doesn't grant much higher percentage combos from what it seems.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Scorpion and Kabal get combos off of deep jump kicks, too. Only guy with sweep combos, though.

valid points ,i guess you can benefit from at the corner cuz no one blocks low vs cage anyway ,if consistent it can force the opponent to block low leading you to using f4 into a huge combo.

but mid screen you can always do sweep into d1 for frame advantage and it eliminates the chance to wake up and it is very consistent just needs training ,think 2 dash 2 dash 2 training.

leek

Noob
Scorpion and Kabal get combos off of deep jump kicks, too. Only guy with sweep combos, though.
Yeah same with a lot of characters actually too.. forgot to bring that up lol.

sub zero..kung lao, etc etc it goes on.

valid points ,i guess you can benefit from at the corner cuz no one blocks low vs cage anyway ,if consistent it can force the opponent to block low leading you to using f4 into a huge combo.

but mid screen you can always do sweep into d1 for frame advantage and it eliminates the chance to wake up and it is very consistent just needs training ,think 2 dash 2 dash 2 training.
Maybe. It might work if someone isn't on top of their game one night or is unsuspecting but it seems F+4 is too slow to really catch someone crouch blocking. Most people block high immediately. Which, isn't a bad thing. It grants a lot of plus frames and you can go into pressure strings which is fine.

overall obviously this is a good thing. I just think someone might think it's "op" or something just because no one else can combo off of sweep. Is sweep~uppercut stance specific? and can you do sweep into nut punch? that might not be good. Personally I think that would make cage a little too good..

shura30

Shura
cuz no one blocks low vs cage anyway
that's why people keep complaining about cage

each character can duck under his 11 strings and poke back
cage's straight overhead can be spotted miles before, blocked and poked back with any 7 frames d1/3,
the f3 OH finisher if blocked pushes cage at a distance any 9 frame move can catch his next advancing attempt

his frametraps are the best in the game and need a lot of concentration to be escaped but only if you're not willing to let him win easily

well yea sweep combos are stance specific ,but the only moves that connected with me are the f3 and the uppercut

i have practiced these combos a lot but the b4 f3 success rate is like 3 out of 10 ,that's why i recommend the d2 think 8 out of 10

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Every 2 weeks or so someone posts that they found this claiming its new tech lol. It was found like 3 months ago, just use your search feature you'll find a few threads about this easily.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Ok, I'm now a believer in sweep into D1:

1) Yes, it's stance specific. Just press the stance button, this is not a big deal
2) You are +1 on sweep even if it's blocked, this is not a problem at all
3) If you hit sweep, go right to D1. It picks them up off the floor and you are still in their face, where you want to be

Before people shit on the idea, just try this at your next offline practice session, this is actually a pretty nice find