What's new

Jax's elbow moves

Jax's elbow strings

What on Earth are they for? They don't even hit crouchers on the first hit. Is there something I'm missing? It seems like I'd never want to use them in juggle combos when I could just dash 1, and versus someone grounded they're ruined by ducking (like everything of his).

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
after a ground pound im pretty sure they add a couple of % damage so not totally useless but still not very useful either

after a ground pound im pretty sure they add a couple of % damage so not totally useless but still not very useful either
How? More than nj.1/2 > (dash > 1)x5 xx Gotcha Grab/Dash Punch or (dash > 1)x4 > dash > 1,2 xx Dash Punch? Or do you mean in the corner? I think 4 > (1)x5 > (1,2)x2 xx Gotcha Grab does more there, too, even with a jab or two less.

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
The elbows arent useless at all. F2, 1 can hit confirm crouch blocking opponents. They're really good for mixups. I'll try to get a video up of me using them :]

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
YO, jax's elbow smash is one of his most important moves to his game. it is decently quick and can be put into any combo, and can be used as good mix-up game. and after his elbow, you automatically get a free enhanced ground pound untechable and unbreakable, which is 10%. that could come in handy, because the elbow smash alone is like 10% plus the enhance ground pound after it. also in the corner you can pull off 30+% after doing the elbow. one of the best things about jax's elbow smash is that in links after his f4 as a combo, which is very good because it is low then overhead right after. not to mention the f4 is very quick. so lets say you got somebody in the corner, and their blocking high so you catch them with f4, elbow smash. now you do an enhanced ground pound afterwards, dash 1, dash 12, dash 12 gotcha grab. thats a total of like 50% or more. also another option after you connect with f4, elbow smash is enhanced ground pound, dash 1, dash 12 elbow smash, enhanced ground pound, dash 1, dash 12 elbow smash, enhanced ground pound, dash 1, dash 12, dash 12 gotcha grab. which is a shitload of percent, all thanks to the help of jax's "elbow strings." so that is on earth they are for :jax:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
theyre useless... LOTS of jax moves are uesless. this is why he could use a few more buffs
Lol...do you even know how many useless moves exist for every character? Jax is no exception. He's still really solid now.

I am talking about 2 2 and 2 1, not his overhead smash.

Why would you use those strings when you can go into his actual overhead string? It's not even slower.

I think it would take Jax's 2 hitting crouchers for me to believe that Jax isn't awful once you learn to fight him.

he has arguably the best throw in the game... learn to use it.
1% extra damage, yayyyy.

Bimz

Noob
well it won't hit naked crouchers, but it will still connect when they are crouch blocking unless they have a low hitbox I think. If they aren't blocking in crouch, use 4, 1, 3 instead.

I use 2,2 to close space. if they block standing, dash punch or gotcha grab. if they block low, overhead smash.

2,1 is the same but it comes out a little bit faster and recovers faster and it should only be used if you're close to them.

The reason it might be a little bit more useful than using 1,2 is that they hit mid instead of high, so even if they are crouch blocking 1,2 will whiff while his elbow stings will connect.

;)

If they do hit crouch block that's considerably more useful, I'll have to test that.

I found one combo use: AA/juggle dash 1 combos will do slightly more damage, and will reliably allow you to regular/air gotcha grab, if you end them with 2 1 rather than 1 2. Alternatively, ending with 2 2 into dash punch will cross the most distance, and we know what Jax putting you in the corner means.

Jax is good where hes at. A cool buff would be if Elbow would bounce and be a launcher. Crappy that jax has to use ex bars to get over 30%...