What's new

Question - Pumped Up Jax's BnB is a language I don't speak...

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Def agree its a bitch thats why I only use female to practice on. Then I go back and it's easy on male hitbox regardless it takes a while to get it consistent either way.
You might as well be using F3/Dash Punch in any string into DDP other than 1,2...the gravity is fucked up right now.

SEV

Noob
Don't know if it's a tip exactly, but it's the varying push back on hit from his starters that cause the difficulty, at least for me: F21, D1D2, 123, etc, all creating different spacing on hit leading into Dash Punch and because of the physics from Dash Punch, you have to run a further or shorter distance depending on the starter, which makes translating it into muscle memory pretty annoying. Hopefully that knowledge can help in some way.

GNice4U

Noob
This has been driving me abso-freakin-lutey nuts. I'm a button mashing noob so the struggles of those that have been playing fighting games for a while gives me hope. Then again, it makes me wonder if I should just say to hell with it!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Try

levelling up scrub.

But no actually it's just a tiny tiny run. It's much shorter than you'd think, F21 has quite a bit of range. I'm not sure if you're used to playing characters with fast advancing mids that lead to 40% for one bar mind you but that should help.

Blkmjk

Noob
The way I do it is by buffering the run input during or towards the end of the ex dash punch animation, because you want the run to come out immediately. I think people try to get the f21 to come out immediately after this, and that's where the problem lies. You want the run to carry him forward for just a few frames then do the f21. It also gets stricter with distance and tiny hitboxes so you may need to let him run a couple frames longer in certain situations

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Its only on EX my friend. Also afterwards in order to get the hit off I generally tend to start a dash then immediately go into run instead of just run canceling. It gives you a slight boost in movement. Also its wonky to hit on females because they have a smaller hitbox.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
As unhelpful as it might seem, just practice it A LOT. The fact that I've gotten to the point that i could get it 9/10 times even online is testament to that because I don't consider myself a high execution player.

The way I did it was first learning in the guys then learning on the girls. Jumping straight into learning the girl version will make you actually drop it on the easier male version if you are too accustomed to taking that tiny halfstep more.

Hope that helps, I play you enough that you see I understand this pain in the ass combo well.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Trickiest combo to land for sure, never had problems with any other combo tbh. Just do a normal overhead into an ex ground pound ;)

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

I feel like this is relevant to show in this thread. Shows you the real struggle against female characters...even Tanya.

Warning: Nope levels have been raised to Defcon 3.

Error

DF2+R2

I feel like this is relevant to show in this thread. Shows you the real struggle against female characters...even Tanya.

Warning: Nope levels have been raised to Defcon 3.
I understand you don't want people to find your private videos of you screaming fuck the flash in a dark lit room, but can you make this video public?

Edit: works now, thanks.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
@EMPEROR_THEO Try doing 12~MB.bf2d-RC-f21-11-f21~db1. You should almost always be able to hit the f21 on male characters after the 12~MB.bf2d. F21~MB.bf2d puts them a bit further away, making the link tighter. I'd practice the 12 version until you've got it down against Mileena, and then start doing the f21 version against male characters. You can also buffer the RC near the end of the overhead punch and just hold block so it comes out on the first available frame. You actually don't want to do the f21 followup too early; you need to let Jax take a solid step or two before doing it. Good luck!

ya i dont even bother with that shit, i just run cancel into a f3 xx superman punch. much easier to execute, especially online. not sure what the developers were thinking making the midscreen combos so difficult to execute PLUS females having a smaller hitbox so u have to hit them directly in the pussy for a strike to land.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Ok so after the RC f21, i was never able to connect the 11, until i realized i was doing it too fast. Make sure you let the opponent fall a little from f21 before doing the rest of the string ;)

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I don't think my execution is terrible in fighting games. I'm usually pretty good about stuff like Johnny Cage A-List run cancel combos/pressure or Johnny Cage Stunt Double run combos.

I can safely say I've spent a cumulative time of days in the training mode, and....

never once...

never ever ever once....

ever ever ever once....

have I landed Jax's overhead dash punch into run into F21 combo.

May somebody be kind of of to explain the series of events in landing that BnB and if there is any kind of trick or secret in landing it that I don't understand. I try to land the OH Dash Punch and then I do my best to buffer a run into F21 but it never ever lands. I even have my test dummies as male characters too!

In advance, thank you to everybody that helps with some advice.
Hey man, had the same problem with jax execution and timings, after or during(better after 2nd hit connect) F2,1 u need to do BF2 then when it pop's up press Down

For all corner starters u need right timing and press correctly BF2 and when it pops up only u should press D ( never works if U do fast BF2D before last hit connects )