What's new

Question - Heavy Weapons jax the new character?

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Nah his BNBs hit boxes got fixed so mid screen is easier so those people you see are either 1. People who dropped him and picking him back up 2. Those who used him but never used him online because the shitty mid screen 3. Those who are just picking him up 4.Those who were always using him constantly.

Honestly give it a month they will drop him after seeing that he is still execution heavy and those midescreens still drop online or they jump on the RichHomieQuanChi train to top tiersville.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So after the changes he's a little more consistent and a little easier mid screen? I'll be flat honest, I've always liked Jax but never picked him due to his inconsistencies.. I have enough trouble with simple characters.. Lol.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
since i got this game (around predator release) everyone has been using jax in ranked constantly, most of the time i fight jax or ermac, patches have nothing to do with it

Ermac is like online top tier I'd imagine? He'd be pretty damn safe in the lagg..
yeah fighting ermac online is stupid - what i've done with some success tho is counterpick with lackey ferra torr and try to outpoke him, lackey's d1 is godlike. but ya ermac all he does is low poke, teleport, jump around like a maniac, f4. i don't even bother trying to use jax against him i don't think he is a good matchup against ermac in general and ermac gets 'online buffs' more than jax does.

EntropicByDesign

Sigh. I'm in the midst of a character crisis and was going to look at Ermac on my short list, but not terribly interested in him if he's that broken online.

Well, I can cross one more off my list. Down to Jax and a couple others now, lol

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Nah his BNBs hit boxes got fixed so mid screen is easier so those people you see are either 1. People who dropped him and picking him back up 2. Those who used him but never used him online because the shitty mid screen 3. Those who are just picking him up 4.Those who were always using him constantly.

Honestly give it a month they will drop him after seeing that he is still execution heavy and those midescreens still drop online or they jump on the RichHomieQuanChi train to top tiersville.
Quan is broke city but jax is still top tier

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Total oposite imo.

Very basic but requires sound fundamentals play effectively. Since he doesn't have dishonest tools to dominate neutral with very little risk like a lot of other characters have
Interesting, might be why I've barely seen any of them online. I'm interested in picking him up as a pocket character. Just gotta find the time to invest in him.

Buiu

Woot
Total oposite imo.

Very basic but requires sound fundamentals play effectively. Since he doesn't have dishonest tools to dominate neutral with very little risk like a lot of other characters have
this

Jax is like kotal kahn, rape ppl who dont know the MU,

but against a competent player, you should condition the opponent, and condition good players it's hard as hell.

and we must not forget that no matter how safe it may seem on paper, you will always have to do the ohdp unsafe of doom as starter combo

EntropicByDesign

Jax definitely looks interesting. He seems pretty honest too, brutal but honest, which I like. Lots of damage, applicable from a number of situations.. Fun character so far.

I'm hoping that he 'clicks' with me after some practice.