What's new

Jax MU

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i was playing against emperor dark a little while ago, and his jax was giving me a lot of trouble. Mostly because he knows the matchup pretty well. My main problem was, i wasnt sure how to play against a jax that was patient and knew the matchup. Any advice?

Axel_Redd

sounds interesting but i really don't feel like wasting meter on that. Might give it a few tries but i need something else too.

Axel_Redd

srry, ps3 only, im still waiting for some matches against show time, hopefully he can show me a thing or 2 about how to deal with ceartain matchups like this.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Dont stay fullscreen, you will lose most trades. Learn to interupt his f41~ string will full combo too. Be very unpredictable, since reptile is so slow its not hard to catch him in a ground pound and I'm pretty sure it's possible to react to a dash into jump from fullscreen (offline) so be wary of that. If he knocks you down and goes for a GP mixup, dont elbow dash since it isn't a wakeup and doesn't get the invincibility you need, slide or acid hand if you think he will commit.

Axel_Redd

what you mean react to a dash into jump?

the thing that kept getting me was, any time he'd land a f4 on hit, he'd throw me, and there was nothign i could do :/ i don't think i could even tech the damned thing. is it possible to poke out?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I mean if you see him groundpounding and decide to elbow dash into jump from fullscreen he can cancel it and anti-air you. After a f41 hes +6 on hit, so his throw will beat out your pokes afaik, I think the only way of avoiding it is to jump, but if he predicts you jumping he can get in another f41 and continue the mixup. I'm not sure if an EX slide would be a guarenteed way out of it or not, haven't played in a while and cant remember all the properties. ;_;

Axel_Redd

oh, no i didnt really jump that often actually, i mostly was baiting him with dashes an stuff and then i'd walk backwards, he knew he couldn't just flat out rush me down so he was trying to zone, and a few times i finally got him to time one of the projectiles wrongly and got a dash jump in combo. but i still couldn't beat him :/

Clayman

you don't get it, do you?
Jax outzones reptile, so u have to get upclose and use all ur footsies, fundamentals and other scary words to win.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Remember that if he is doing a ground pound, he can't block even if he cancels it, so from full screen do two elbow dashes.

Also BIGGEST THING IN THIS MATCHUP:

Punish EVERY F413 string and Dash Punch with a full combo.

It's actually really easy once you get used to it.

Remember that if he is doing a ground pound, he can't block even if he cancels it, so from full screen do two elbow dashes.

Also BIGGEST THING IN THIS MATCHUP:

Punish EVERY F413 string and Dash Punch with a full combo.

It's actually really easy once you get used to it.
122 combo or 321 combo?

Axel_Redd

wait...f413 is unsafe on block? is that what ur telling me? if so what are the negative frames?

Axel_Redd

oh...in that case im pretty sure he means 122 because its much faster than 321

Edit: nvm aparently i can do both. Also u can uppercut him out of his Elbow Slam right?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
122 is faster but 321 deals more damage and it still real consistent.

I punish f413 and Dash Punch with 321 against Tyrant all the time, I play that matchup a looooot.

Online though, good luck... just mash elbow dash...

Axel_Redd

thats why i was saying, online im better off going for 122 or an elbow dash. But yeah. Lag sux

i'm also wanting to know the Cyrax matchup too. Ive been told its a tough one for reptile. Altho i still don't agree with Krayzie about some of the matchups, altho i do agree it is a tought fight for rep. As for Kung i believe its still 5-5 if u know the mu.

srry if its a lil off topic but all this talk about cyrax lately has just put me in a bad mood x.x

Clayman

you don't get it, do you?
thats why i was saying, online im better off going for 122 or an elbow dash. But yeah. Lag sux

i'm also wanting to know the Cyrax matchup too. Ive been told its a tough one for reptile. Altho i still don't agree with Krayzie about some of the matchups, altho i do agree it is a tought fight for rep. As for Kung i believe its still 5-5 if u know the mu.

srry if its a lil off topic but all this talk about cyrax lately has just put me in a bad mood x.x
don't bother interrupting f413 online, just abuse dashes xd