What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax hitbox issues vs crouching Cassie Cage and girls in general

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
With the recent patch notes out it seems that hitbox issues have been addressed with characters like Jacqui. I'm just making this thread to let this be known about the matchup between Cassie and girls in general. If NRS feels this should stay, it's ok. It's their decision in the end. But not voicing it isn't going to help anyone so here it goes...

This video explains Jax's F2 range on all characters in the game excluding Cassie:

And this is the range of F2, Jaxs main footsie tool, against a crouch blocking Cassie:

As you could see, because Cassie moves her face back just a pinch, it makes it so Jaxs mid F2 whiffs from even his D1 distance when it normally reaches jump in distance. It makes the matchup very odd because you can't really safely play footsies anymore, but if this is intended somehow, again, that's up to NRS to decide.

------------------
In general Jax has a more difficult time hitting his mid screen bnbs against girls too. Some starters for his bnb become inconsistent depending on whether the opponent is standing or crouching. Some starters into ex ohdashpunch on crouching girls just plain flat out don't work too.

I seriously hope I don't see a "Jax is fine" comment or something smart assy. I'm just letting this be known. I'm well aware that Jax is fine as he is at the moment from what is known currently.

@colt

Last edited:

TOC EdDoughBoy

Jax Bruh
Mids as a whole need to be fixed really, Ive had people neutral duck under kotals back 1 many times. Mids should hit everything but extremely low profile specials IMO.
(and some low pokes I guess)

Spagget

chomp chomp hiss
I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but I noticed there are also some inconsistencies with F2 hitting Raiden while he's stand blocking. I'm at work, so I can't post any videos or anything, but you have to be strangely close for F2 to connect (I'm assuming because Raiden holds his head back while blocking).

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

This doesn't happen just with Cassie, it happens to ALL FEMALE CHARACTERS IN THE GAME. They are simply getting launched too far away for me to get nothing but a F3 or a Dash Punch which cuts damage output by 9% or so.

I hope it's just a bug and somewhere down the road this gets fixed because this is pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
its not just female characters. its also some male characters. its also stand blocking for some and neutral crouching for others. i made a chart. i post a thread about it tomorrow. i was going to do it before TCW but i got lazy. sorry

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
its not just female characters. its also some male characters. its also stand blocking for some and neutral crouching for others. i made a chart. i post a thread about it tomorrow. i was going to do it before TCW but i got lazy. sorry
I'm sure everyone would really appreciate that, thanks man.