What's new

Jax Combos

Something nobody's mentioned yet is fast punishing combos for moves like Reptile's elbow dash.

I'm actually liking 123 myself - 1 or d1 will catch them if they try to jump out afterward, so it sets up his pressure nicely.

And for moves that bounce up in the air on block, just do dash jabs into gotcha or lunge punch.

For Mileena's EX teleport, crouch block and uppercut after the 2 kicks. You might also be able to d1, then link lunge punch - if that works it would be a little better because of positioning.

Something nobody's mentioned yet is fast punishing combos for moves like Reptile's elbow dash.

I'm actually liking 123 myself - 1 or d1 will catch them if they try to jump out afterward, so it sets up his pressure nicely.

And for moves that bounce up in the air on block, just do dash jabs into gotcha or lunge punch.

For Mileena's EX teleport, crouch block and uppercut after the 2 kicks. You might also be able to d1, then link lunge punch - if that works it would be a little better because of positioning.
For punishing moves that leave the opponent standing, in the corner, I'll punish anything with f+4,1,3 > d+1 > 1 ... or b+1,2,4 > 1 ... depending on how much time I have to punish it. Mid-screen, I usually use 1,2,3 xx Gotcha Grab (the grab can't be ducked) or 1,2,3 xx Overhead Smash unless I want to switch positioning with 2,f+2,b+1 xx Air Gotcha Grab. If I want a bit more damage for a kill, I'll use 2,f+2,b+1 xx Air Gotcha Grab or b+1,2,4 xx EX Dash Punch unless it's something with faster recovery like Reptile's dash, in which case I'll do 1,2 xx Overhead Smash > EX Ground Pound.

Against moves that cause opponents to spin in the air after blocking, I usually do (dash > 1)x7 xx Dash Punch, sometimes 6 repetitions depending on how it's looking once I start. Raiden's Superman gets punished by mid Ground Pound > (dash > 1)x6 xx Dash Punch if I react quickly enough. Haven't really experimented with what other specials can be punished by mid Ground Pound, but it's only about 2% more damage and a barely noticeable amount of meter.

Against Mileena's EX Teleport, I crouch-block and try to do d+1 > (dash > 1)x3 xx Gotcha Grab or whatever variation I think is possible at the moment, but I find it a bit difficult to link the 1 after the d+1 unless she throws sais. It gets a nice 20%+ damage, though.

Well, Gotcha Grab looks to be neutral on block, as does 1,2,3 on hit. But I'm only making that judgment by holding up with both characters in training after each scenario and they seem to be exactly the same, so I'd still like to see frame data from someone more experienced with gathering the data. Regardless, 1,2,3 xx Gotcha Grab certainly isn't as effective as it was before, though I think it's still a good option.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I'm new to Jax but the corner combo I'm using if I have no bar is F413, D+1, 1, 12, 12~dash punch, 12~gotcha. Does a nice meaty 38% with no JIP starter.

OmyMk

Noob
Don't know if this was discussed before. After the b+1,2,4 xx Dash Punch string i think there is an almost free Ex Ground Pound. Sometimes they get to wake-up attack but still get the damage or even knokdown. Anywayz it's gold if the enemy lacks supermeter for Ex wake-ups.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Don't know if this was discussed before. After the b+1,2,4 xx Dash Punch string i think there is an almost free Ex Ground Pound. Sometimes they get to wake-up attack but still get the damage or even knokdown. Anywayz it's gold if the enemy lacks supermeter for Ex wake-ups.
Might be good if they are sent to a croner. I don't like wasting meter mid screen for Jax. I only use it to keep my pressure going.

OmyMk

Noob
If u have juice it also leads to a triple Ex Ground Pound, wich is a cool way to end a life. Otherwise not worth the meter.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Good on ya mate. That is a good way to end a round and go for the W. I need to find some time to do some xray setups.

here are some of my recent combos i began for jax. i couldve done more i know, but this is what i had. i like too how i began some good combos off jump punch, and immediatley input quake. and it works well, got away with it on good players lol. enjoy tym

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
EX Ground Pound, 4 xx (EX Dash Punch), 1 xx EX Overhead Smash (or EX Gotcha Grab/EX Air Gotcha Grab/Ex Dash Punch/ for more potential swag points)
EX Ground Pound, 4 xx EX Energy Wave, EX Ground Pound

hashtagSWAGyolo!!!!