What's new

Jax Combos

Zebster

How's my volume?
It certainly seems to be. The ground pound hits well before the opponent can perform any action, even if they recover.
There has to be a wakeup attack that can get out of this. Yeah, Jax needs to be able to do more damage and stuff but not through this kind of thing.

EDIT: Alright, no wake up attack gets out of this. Side note: I had a really tough time doing the combo. How consistently can you do it Jago?

DrDogg

Noob
There has to be a wakeup attack that can get out of this. Yeah, Jax needs to be able to do more damage and stuff but not through this kind of thing.

EDIT: Alright, no wake up attack gets out of this. Side note: I had a really tough time doing the combo. How consistently can you do it Jago?
What happens when the opponent uses a wake up attack? I'm having a difficult time accepting this works, but I have no one to test it with until Saturday, due to the limitations of the training mode.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
It's looking like a legit OTG to me. Nothing overpowered though given that you can only combo off it at a wall, and even then it is quite difficult to pull off under pressure. It also requires a bar. I'm curious on whether you can OTG with the ex pound on any other move besides the elbow drop.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
Some heads up on Jax meter-less combos after 1st hot fix (meddled with him in the Lab and discovered some OK stuff which I didn’t see anyone posted):

Most damaging meter-less combo in the open space I managed to do:
Close Stomp nj.:fp, dash :fp, dash :fp, dash :fp, dash :fp:bp Gotcha or AAGotcha 30%

After Mid Stomp in the open if you close enough you can do:
Angled j.:fp, dash jabs into :fp:bp Gotcha (number of jabs of this and prev combo varies depending on distance and if you’re jedi or not)

After Far Stomp you can dash into Bionic Arm for meaty 22%

In the corner you can (add 3% if you start those with jump in :fp):
Back :fp:bp:bk, :fp, :fp:bp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Gotcha for 40%

Forward :bk:fp:fk, :d:fp, :fp:bp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Gotcha for 36%

Close Stomp, nj:fp, :fp, short pause, :fp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Gotcha for 31 or 32% (don’t remember exactly).

P.s. Jax is horrible lol, at least they going to buff him on Tuesday.

Some heads up on Jax meter-less combos after 1st hot fix (meddled with him in the Lab and discovered some OK stuff which I didn’t see anyone posted):

Close Stomp nj.:fp, dash :fp, dash :fp, dash :fp, dash :fp:bp Gotcha or AAGotcha 30%

Angled j.:fp, dash jabs into :fp:bp Gotcha (number of jabs of this and prev combo varies depending on distance and if you’re jedi or not)

Back :fp:bp:bk, :fp, :fp:bp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Gotcha for 40%

Forward :bk:fp:fk, :d:fp, :fp:bp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Gotcha for 36%

Close Stomp, nj:fp, :fp, short pause, :fp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Gotcha for 31 or 32% (don’t remember exactly).

jax is a boss, no one can mess with him when it comes to techs and rushdown

Jade101

Noob

He getting a buff you dont main jax so dont say he horrible

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun

I actually think that your just horrible lol i like jax and can do 34% meterless mid screen combos with him and a bunch of around 40% combos with him

Jade101

Noob
He needs his buff now. so you can see how good jax really can be, His mixup game will be way better. also he needs his wakeup game now!

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
mid screen:
far gp, dash, nuetral jump punch, b+1, 2, 4, dash punch 34%

far gp, dash, 2, f+2, b+1, air gotcha grab 34% damage

mid gp, dash neutral jump punch, 1, dash, 1 , dash, 2,1, gotcha grab 32%

corner combo:

far gp, dash, neutral jump punch, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, dash punch 39%

(f+4, 1, 3) x3 it does 34% damage

f+4, 1, 3), f+4, 1, 3, f+4, 1, gotcha grab 36%

all of those are meterless combos if you do enhance them they become "enhanced" if you will

cgerrr

He getting a buff you dont main jax so dont say he horrible
There is no need to be offended: Jax being in the bottom is a common knowledge. It’s fortunate that he will receive those long awaited buffs.

And in meanwhile I’m trying to help people who’re interested in Jax with information, which I think is relevant enough.

mid screen:
far gp, dash, nuetral jump punch, b+1, 2, 4, dash punch 34%

far gp, dash, 2, f+2, b+1, air gotcha grab 34% damage

mid gp, dash neutral jump punch, 1, dash, 1 , dash, 2,1, gotcha grab 32%

corner combo:

far gp, dash, neutral jump punch, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, dash punch 39%

(f+4, 1, 3) x3 it does 34% damage

f+4, 1, 3), f+4, 1, 3, f+4, 1, gotcha grab 36%

all of those are meterless combos if you do enhance them they become "enhanced" if you will
Nice GP combos, though I can’t test a possibility to actually connect Far Ground pound with neutral jump :fp right now. Btw, what's your combo for the close Stomp?
As for your corner non GP combos: they are inferior to mine in regards of either damage or meter gain (or both).

@RoboBOBR
Hey, Robo are you that RoboBOBR from Guilty Gear community? If you are: glad having you here (your Slayer rocks btw, sick offence).

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
you can connect with it if you use the jump kick grab that distance allows them to be popped up with a far gp and its enough distance to dash and jump punch i do it in this vid a couple times i believe and i dont have any for close because since the gp is so slow your never going to get someone with the close one youd get them with the far or mid one

cgerrr

Some advanced Jax goodness (though a bit situational) – meter-less mid screen 38%:
Far Ground Pound (close as possible), dash nj.:fp, :fp, dash :fp, dash :fp, dash :fp, dash :fp Gotcha.
Was discovered thanks to imblackjames tips on GPs.

The next one’s easier to initiate and more consistent overall due to height after Mid GP
- meter-less mid screen 34%:
Mid Ground Pound, dash nj.:fp, :fp, dash :fp x4 times, Gotcha.

Corner GP combos:
Mid Ground Pound, dash (if needed) nj.:fp, :fp, pause, :fp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Gotcha 35%

Far Ground Pound (close as possible), dash nj.:fp, :fp, pause, :fp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Bionic Arm, :fp:bp Gotcha 39% (same damage as imblackjames combo, but harder and better meter gain).

I know it's not too helpful since we have f+4 > Overhead Smash into EX Ground Pound loop, but I just found f+4,1,3 > (1)x6 > (1,2)x2 xx Gotcha Grab (44%). And knowing that you can connect 1 after f+4,1,3, that can work with a Dash Punch juggle as well. I'll still stick to the d+1 follow-up though, unless I'm fighting Sheeva.

Also found that after a ground pound in the corner, instead of doing nj.1 > 4, just doing 4 and an extra jab (or more due to opponent potentially being higher at start of jab juggle) does more damage. Doing the nj.1 moves the opponent slightly more towards the corner before the 4 if you need that little extra distance to follow up with a jab juggle though. And when I say jab juggle, I'm not sure how the dash punch juggle is affected, as the negative edge is still too much of a problem to attempt the combos, but when the new patch comes to 360, I'll check it out.

And with that latter discovery, I believe nj.1 in combos for Jax, except when he needs the extra proximity to the corner to combo after 4, actually just causes the combo do do less damage than if he were to jab instead, although it does make midscreen combos easier. So in any combos we have so far, we could replace the nj.1 with another jab.

And don't count on Far GP's to connect as close as possible >_>; consider that at farther ranges, you'll have to dash up and start jabbing without the nj.1 or at even farther ranges, simply connect a Dash Punch for 22% or an EX Dash Punch for 28%.

Looking over this thread, I get the feeling some of you didn't watch the videos in the OP's post >_>; 4 is a great followup to a corner GP. Also, jab juggles are powerful, though if you want the meter, you can still do Dash Punch juggles; just use 4 after the GP. I'll experiment more with those when the negative edge is patched. Also, keep in mind that EX Dash Punch is Jax's most damaging EX combo ender, while Gotcha Grab is his most damaging no-meter combo ender.

As for what hasn't been posted yet, not much:

Midscreen combos:

air-to-air punch > (dash > 1)x? > Gotcha Grab

Corner Combos:

b+1,2,4 > (1)x6 > (1,2)x2 > Gotcha Grab (45%)
Ground Pound > 4 > (1)x5 > (1,2)x2 > Gotcha Grab
Ground Pound > dash > (1)x6 > (1,2)x2 > Gotcha Grab

P.S. Any reason Jax's Air Gotcha Grab is UNBLOCKABLE? You can't block in the air, so at first, I thought that meant you can't breaker out of it, but you can't breaker out of other "grabs" like Gotcha Grab or EX Dash Punch either, and those are labeled as HIGH.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
New Combo...kinda

Found a corner combo thats just a little different then the one i posted before...

Ground Pound, 4, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, Ex dash punch (9 hits 38% damage) if you make the ground pound enhanced it does 48% instead