What's new

Video/Tutorial Jax basics

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
Hey Tyrant, I'm new to Jax ... he's so awesome ... I need all the help I can get, I rock offline but online is a bit** ... any tips for online play?

awesome vid btw thanks a lot gj (^~^)

ZD Complex

Oooooo Si!
After the f4 into energy wave how do you get in fast enough for the standing 1? I think I've been doing it wrong. When I connect the f4 energy wave tap forward forward while the energy wave hits so Jax is already dashing into the opponent then i do 1 but by then my opponent is already d3ing or able to duck it.

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
After the f4 into energy wave how do you get in fast enough for the standing 1? I think I've been doing it wrong. When I connect the f4 energy wave tap forward forward while the energy wave hits so Jax is already dashing into the opponent then i do 1 but by then my opponent is already d3ing or able to duck it.
It takes some timing but basically i cancel the dash immediately into standing 1. Set the cpu to auto block
, and crouching. If you time it right the cpu will block the standing1 while crouching. If you miss time it, it'll whiff

How do you guys deal with low hitbox characters?

Im using f4-gotcha grab and then immediately blocking and waiting to counter poke or AA. Is this the only option?

I cant experiment since I have no one to train with but in training mode when the AI eventually tries to d1/d3 I can block it in time. Using Mileena as a practice dummy 6f d1 and 7f d3. Is this legit or is the computer just being slow?

Cancel advantage of f4 on block is +14, duration of gotcha grab is 27. f4 is blocked and gotcha whiffs, that should be 13 frames where someone can push your face in, right?