What's new

Jax and Cage.

ZtrideRz

Noob
Is everyone sure they are not top 5 because I disagree cage even against sub if he gets in your losing most your health at top level.

Do kung lao Kenshi smoke really stand much if s chance against these two because recent tournament standings say different and I can see why.

KHAMELEON

Banned
cage is mid tier. jus cause someone who is way skilled like curbo picked him up and beat everyone up doesnt mean the char is good. gosh

same thing with jax. jax is not even high tier but looks to be high tier in the hand of cdjr.

the 3 best in this game are KABAL SONYA AND KENSHI cause they have least bad matches then any one

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
cage is mid tier. jus cause someone who is way skilled like curbo picked him up and beat everyone up doesnt mean the char is good. gosh

same thing with jax. jax is not even high tier but looks to be high tier in the hand of cdjr.

the 3 best in this game are KABAL SONYA AND KENSHI cause they have least bad matches then any one
I'll have to disagree with that CD Jr & Jax statement.
Jax is a really good character. He's got antiairs, grabs, air throws, godlike recovery, armor on everything, a lot of setups, an OTG and a corner reset. His bad matchups are due to collision boxes having different sizes in MK. If Cage had a bigger crouch blocking hitbox he'd still be a difficult, but Jax players wouldn't have to counterpick.

Now as for CD Jr. I'm pretty sure that we all can say that wether we like it or not, he's the most solid MK player out there right now. REO is great, he's really versatile, but CD Jr just gets that little ahead almost every fucking time. Now when you mix a high tier character with a military base like CD Jr, you get a player with the best win/loss ratio in tournament entries and a lot of money in the bank. Why? Because it's a high tier character with a godlike player.

Espio

Kokomo
Kung Lao, Kenshi and Smoke don't all get blown up by Cage and Jax, so yeah those three are good to go, beyond good to go actually in a tournament.

Kenshi is considered a bad match up for them and Kung Lao goes even with them from what I recall, right? If he doesn't, so what? Kung Lao gives Kenshi problems and many, many others.

It's like a game of rock, paper, scissors.:coffee:

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.

The whole "character isn't top tier, the player is just baller" argument is really getting old at this point. Johnny Cage is one of the best if not THE best rushdown character in the game. Jax got buffed into high tier months ago brah. I'm not saying that the players themselves don't play into how well they do. Of course that matters, but after seeing the results of MLG the game is taking a huge counterpick turn. To my knowledge the general consensus on Jax is that he's top 5 to 10 or better. Johnny Cage? Shit he was thrown into mid to low-mid tier, but I have a feeling that shit will shift in the very near future here.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Please stop with these threads. I'm tired of reading them and it really drives me crazy that people can't grasp the concept of good MUs and bad MUs. Cage vs Jax is a bad MU for Jax. Cage vs Kabal is a bad MU for Cage. KL vs Cage is a bad MU for KL. Jax vs Kabal is a bad MU for Kabal. Kenshi vs Cage is a bad MU for Cage. Sub vs Cage is a bad MU for Cage (he can win it's a stupid turtle heavy MU). Smoke vs Cage is even.

All this information is so readily available and it's nothing but a constant "OMG DIS KHARACTER S TIER NAO CUZ HE DID X AT X!"

EVERYONE IN THIS GAME HAS GOOD AND BAD MUS. EVERYONE. Use the forums.

jax and kung lao go even imo, I used to think it was in jax'' favor but thats not true. KL has his tools against cage but its still a 6-4 in cages favor. People are exagerating if they say cage vs jax is 8-2 or 7-3. Lao, kenshi and smoke are all top 10

Asking the individual where they would rank each character from 1-31 is pointless. They will always give a biased opinion. The individual only plays a certain character or number of characters against certain other characters and players. Even today I highly doubt players who play one character at a high level has played all other characters at a high level. Even if such person exists, their "top ten list" would still be biased because they only play that one character at a high level. Then there's the criteria of a character being top ten; is it the number of bad match ups they have? tourney performance? overall MU chart?

What we really need is a community MU chart. All this top ten stuff is nonsense as it's become the general consensus that all characters need a back up. Not to mention characters outside top ten are still viable.