What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Jason Voorhees Jason the relentless unstoppable slasher

Do you struggle against Jason spammers?

• Total voters

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Look at
it's a great example. That's pro players and Cossner gets hit by the same combo in all matches. That's what I'm going up against. They may have skill but they are just spamming the same 2-3 moves. stomp slash and armored specials. And like I said if you want to just assume I suck we can play today :D I like showing off my Reptile and I have absolute confidence.. unless you pick Jason or Lui. Then I will go with a secondary or tertiary.

Syzoth

Well ima lay down cause I never got to sleep last night. But I'm usually on for 3ish hours between 6pm-3am every night. Add Syzoth on XBL and I'd love to get some matches in with you guys. We could all lobby up and do a KOTH.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Look at
it's a great example. That's pro players and Cossner gets hit by the same combo in all matches. That's what I'm going up against. They may have skill but they are just spamming the same 2-3 moves. stomp slash and armored specials. And like I said if you want to just assume I suck we can play today :D I like showing off my Reptile and I have absolute confidence.. unless you pick Jason or Lui. Then I will go with a secondary or tertiary.
To be fair that was the first time I had ever played against Jason Lol

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I've been trolled by Jason online early, but now that I know what he can and can't do - my opponent has to be much better than me to win with him.

He's great as an online troll, but tough to win with against good players.

E

Eldriken

I don't see how you can troll people with Jason. :confused: He doesn't seem to have any "trollish" tools.

Syzoth

So what would be your strategy to take him down now? I imagine acid pressure followed by nimbling. That's when you really picked him apart back in may

OP just needs to level up. Jason sucks. His best poke is an 8f trex range poke, b12 in non slasher wiffs vs smaller hitbox chars on crouch. Choke stab move in slasher is a high as is his shoulder and temple punch. Low starter is full combo punish on block. Lol. If im not mistaken all of his specials either hit high or can be low profiled with d3 or d4

One thing hes got is as far as i can tell his armored choke move in relentless seems to beat almost every other armored special in the game except goro punchwalk

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Relentless (viable)
Slasher (situational, matchup based)
Unstoppable (unviable, needs specific changes)
I still have Slasher being better overall than Relentless, but it's close. What specific changes do you think Unstoppable needs to become competitive?

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
I still have Slasher being better overall than Relentless, but it's close. What specific changes do you think Unstoppable needs to become competitive?
Necessary: determine by holding a button during the explosion animation at the end of the round what should be done with resurrection
1-1 bar
2-2 bars
4-3 bars
3-no bars

Optional: replace the heal which Rise does with let's say dmg or chip dmg reduce

Also Rise should remove Punishment and vice versa, but both be permanent, hence the heal removal idea

Still no killing machine, no anti-zoning or zoning tools

Am I too much?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Necessary: determine by holding a button during the explosion animation at the end of the round what should be done with resurrection
1-1 bar
2-2 bars
4-3 bars
3-no bars

Optional: replace the heal which Rise does with let's say dmg or chip dmg reduce

Also Rise should remove Punishment and vice versa, but both be permanent, hence the heal removal idea

Still no killing machine, no anti-zoning or zoning tools

Am I too much?
I like it.