What's new

Japanese Mortal Kombat Artwork by MIDWOOD Shows Entire Cast

Justice

Noob
The art style isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I'll give props to anyone willing to put that much effort into their MK fandom :D

Fangoria19

Groovy
I think I went blind looking at Mavado's render lol still a very unique take on the universe, if anyone can make mokap look BA then I'm a fan.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
They all look over the top which makes it cool. The one that i looked at and said WTF was motaro, i mean he literally is a tank

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
I've been a fan of Midwood's stuff for years. The bulky style sometimes doesn't pay off (for the women particularly), but it's such a refreshing take on the MK designs.

And I would hope even those who dislike his work can appreciate the immense, and I repeat: IMMENSE amount of detail the guy puts into each art piece. God bless Midwood.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I've been a fan of Midwood's stuff for years. The bulky style sometimes doesn't pay off (for the women particularly), but it's such a refreshing take on the MK designs.

And I would hope even those who dislike his work can appreciate the immense, and I repeat: IMMENSE amount of detail the guy puts into each art piece. God bless Midwood.
personally i know it takes a great deal of skill but that being good at something as aesthetically appealing as drawing doesnt mean that your style will neccesarilly be appreciated

this is like those paintings where you imagine the painters on shrooms but are still legit art

Temp

personally i know it takes a great deal of skill but that being good at something as aesthetically appealing as drawing doesnt mean that your style will neccesarilly be appreciated

this is like those paintings where you imagine the painters on shrooms but are still legit art
And that's okay. The important thing is that people judge the art by the standards of what Midwood was going for. Though I'm a fan, I wouldn't want Midwood's vision of Smoke to make it's way in MK10 (even though I think the artwork is amazing within its own style).

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Alot of them just look like the same thing over and over. Some of them are really sweet tho. Liu Kang looks boss as fuck he probably has the best costume lol

I applaud the hell out of the time and effort that was put into this.Everything also looks cool.Since Im pursuing a career in 3d character modeling,from the way I see it personally,my eyes don't know where to look.I am just overwhelmed with so much detail everywhere and when I try to imagine the way the would function,it just wouldn't make since.the armor on the entire limbs just look like a hunk of metal.You can't bend your arm if it's covered with a solid hunk of metal.I understand that this look is a style that was shot for and there are many who are into stuff like this,but I believe that it should at least stuff should be believable.It looks as if everyone would have a hard time just to walk.Please don't take it as if Im talking down on this because I think it's all amazing and wayyyy beyond what I could ever dream of doing.And I think the Lui Kang is the most badass.

Temp

Does anyone else think Motaro looks like a Final Fantasy VI boss?

Espio

Kokomo
Stryker looks like a Transformer :eek:.

I like the buns on Jade's costume, but it's a bit too much to take in overall lol.