What's new

[JAN 28] KALEDONIAN KOMBAT #1 ONLINE MORTAL KOMBAT XL W/ £50 TOP TWO PAYOUT

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
KALEDONIAN KOMBAT #1
January 28th 2017 @ 1800 GMT
After talking with some other Scottish players, I'm happy to announce that I am hosting an online monthly MKX tournament, specifically for UK and Irish players of all skill levels.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to Youphemism, Nausea, Scott the Scot, Orangutan, Wigy and Deakins for their help and patience.

RULES & REGULATIONS

• The Bracket Will be Capped at 32 Players UK and Ireland Region
  • The Tournament will be PS4 ONLY. Sorry, Xbox and PC users
  • The Tournament Will be Single Elimination || 3 out of 5 Games
  • Will Call out to be Streamed Matches & On Deck Matches for 1st & 2nd Round. The stream will be held at https://www.twitch.tv/kaledonian_kombat
  • All Top 8 Matches Will be Streamed
  • Will make Update Posts in THIS THREAD about finalized bracket or any changes
  • Sign Up with your PSN in this thread or at http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/oNaD0eH0Pr This is purely on a first come, first served basis until/if the max cap is filled
PRIZE BREAKDOWN

1. £30 Paypal or PSN
  2. £20 Paypal or PSN
CONTACT INFORMATION

If you have any questions surrounding the tournament, you can message me here on TYM, email me at [email protected] (please put Kaledonian Kombat as the subject heading) or you can contact me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/yer_da_fgc

Sneakily edited/promoted by the Tortoise

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Excellent job! I'll definitely sign up and support the scene :)

Some UK/Ireland peeps
@Youphemism @Nausea @Orangutan @Wigy @Deakins @STRYKIE @IrishMantis @1man3letters @PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard @PND OmegaK @ENDeverMORE @UsedForGlue @A F0xy Grampa @ZigZag @SneakyTortoise @Undeadjim @TheGabStandard

I honestly can't be bothered tagging every UK member and I know I watched some Irish local tourney for Injustice but I can't remember anybodies name from it or any tags they may have on here. Should be enough to gain some attention anyway :p

Deakins

Twitch & Youtube: Mr Deakins
Thank you for the tag, I wont be able to make this one due to working that day and I don't get home till 7pm.

I work every 2nd weekend so if this tournament follows that pattern I might not make any of them sadly. :(

Ill catch the stream and ill mention to some folk I know in the passing as itll be great having this kinda of thing going :)

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Thank you for the tag, I wont be able to make this one due to working that day and I don't get home till 7pm.

I work every 2nd weekend so if this tournament follows that pattern I might not make any of them sadly. :(

Ill catch the stream and ill mention to some folk I know in the passing as itll be great having this kinda of thing going :)
I was, potentially, looking at the last Saturday of the month but will be changing it month by month due to my own work and holidays, etc, so you might be dishing out some skelps at some point!

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Posted this thread on the Mortal Kombat subreddit and I've managed to fill out a top 8, at least. Progress!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
OH SO YOU JUST SIGNED ME UP YOURSELF THEN EH?

Well change the Exile to EXiLE then :DOGE

Hey guys i found another friend who is from down south.. his name is: GTA_SA-CJ123 Can you please add us both to the tournament, very sorry for not figuring it out

Hey guys... i see that my buddy who doesn't have a TYM account has not been added yet, his name is: GTA_SA-CJ123 .yeah paul, i would love to :) i just have college every tuesday but i am sure i will find some free time soon. Defiantly want to come... who do you play now paul?

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Hey guys, so with Kaledonian Kombat being on Saturday, I'll drop some new info.

At the moment, we have 14 signed up, barring an incredible flurry of interest, 14-16 is looking likeliest, therefore, I will stream all matches, via KOTH set up in a room.

I will be closing registration at 1700 hours on Saturday and setting up a room called Kaledonian Kombat at 1745 hours, I'd prefer if everyone was present at that time but will be sending a mass message on PSN and twitter to serve as a reminder, the matches will then began at 1800, with the running order to be confirmed via said mass message.

When the bracket is closed at 1700 hours, I'll be shuffling it at random, as it stands, two players will receive a first round bye, this will be determined purely at random. First and second place will receive a prize of £30 and £20, respectively, to be paid via PSN or Paypal - players choice.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Hey guys, so with Kaledonian Kombat being on Saturday, I'll drop some new info.

At the moment, we have 14 signed up, barring an incredible flurry of interest, 14-16 is looking likeliest, therefore, I will stream all matches, via KOTH set up in a room.

I will be closing registration at 1400 hours on Saturday and setting up a room called Kaledonian Kombat at 1745 hours, I'd prefer if everyone was present at that time but will be sending a mass message on PSN and twitter to serve as a reminder, the matches will then began at 1800, with the running order to be confirmed via said mass message.

When the bracket is closed at 1400 hours, I'll be shuffling it at random, as it stands, two players will receive a first round bye, this will be determined purely at random. First and second place will receive a prize of £30 and £20, respectively, to be paid via PSN or Paypal - players choice.
Closing reg at 2 to start at quarter to 6? A bit early no? Also you may want to message me on here just in case I forget and am not on PSN or Twitter :p