What's new

[Jan 14th, 2012] RAGE IN THE KAGE - Hosted by WHB (Fairfax, VA)

Lulzlou

Noob
I learned so much from this and the casuals afterwards.
Thanks everyone who played with me. I went to my first two meet ups on wednesdays the past two weeks. I think thats the only one I can go to right now with my car situation. Don't know anyone in my area that plays too so this helped a lot.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what type of controller to try out since the xbox one doesn't really work for me. I might get the madcatz street figther fightpad, I've been looking at it the past two days.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I learned so much from this and the casuals afterwards.
Thanks everyone who played with me. I went to my first two meet ups on wednesdays the past two weeks. I think thats the only one I can go to right now with my car situation. Don't know anyone in my area that plays too so this helped a lot.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what type of controller to try out since the xbox one doesn't really work for me. I might get the madcatz street figther fightpad, I've been looking at it the past two days.
You used my controller, but I think you only used the stick. I love the evil dpad, but I swear when I use an adapter on the ps3 it feels so sluggish. After looking at the madcatz I find it strange you didn't use the dpad, I find the spacing and the raised buttons to be perfect.

I really want to get away from adapters and that even means ps2-ps3, so I'm considering buying a madcatz MLG pad, but that's extremely pricey and I would have to end up buying two, one for 360 and the other for tournaments. It also has a ps dpad which I hate, but i guess I would have to get use to.

Lulzlou

Noob
You used my controller, but I think you only used the stick. I love the evil dpad, but I swear when I use an adapter on the ps3 it feels so sluggish. After looking at the madcatz I find it strange you didn't use the dpad, I find the spacing and the raised buttons to be perfect.

I really want to get away from adapters and that even means ps2-ps3, so I'm considering buying a madcatz MLG pad, but that's extremely pricey and I would have to end up buying two, one for 360 and the other for tournaments. It also has a ps dpad which I hate, but i guess I would have to get use to.
I used the analog because that's how I picked up MK. I didn't want to try it out during the tournament since I wanted to do the best I could. I made it too late and couldn't do casuals beforehand so that is my fault lol. Yeah it did seem kinda weird. I couldn't do IAS with Mileena and I could do it fine on my system. I'm going to buy the ps3 version of the pad too if I feel comfortable with it.

Not sure when will that be though, I have a band to worry about. I'm missing a few things for my live equipment and its kinda pricey.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The Madcatz fightpad is really good, that's what I normally use. I wouldn't have made it that far if immortal skillet didn't let me borrow his, haha. It's just tough to deal with converters sometimes (the ps3 version is only wireless and it lags).

Lulzlou

Noob
The Madcatz fightpad is really good, that's what I normally use. I wouldn't have made it that far if immortal skillet didn't let me borrow his, haha. It's just tough to deal with converters sometimes (the ps3 version is only wireless and it lags).
hmm that might make me look into something else, unless I find a good converter for the xbox version to try out. If anything I'll just do the whole ps2 controller thing. It didn't feel weird when I was playing those casuals.
thanks

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
MadCatz just announced at CES a Wired PS3 Fightpad

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
MadCatz just announced at CES a Wired PS3 Fightpad
Awesome, looks like I won't have to change controllers afterall, I can just get that one and have the best of both worlds...on either system =P

GG's everyone. Hope to see everyone at FR15

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yeah I want to see me getting hype for the one game I won vs Death.

Also, before I forget, major props to N0rdicNinja for this tournament. I didn't get to stick around much after it was over to tell you myself, but this had a great atmosphere and was set up very well. If I have the opportunity I'll definitely come back down for another event like this.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Ultra props to Death, rev0lver and all the tourney participants for another great bout of Kombat.
Will there be any footage up?
Yup, all of the top 8 was capped in HD, as soon as they're uploaded I'll update this thread (since I can't seem to create threads in the Aftermaths section anymore).

Yeah I want to see me getting hype for the one game I won vs Death.

Also, before I forget, major props to N0rdicNinja for this tournament. I didn't get to stick around much after it was over to tell you myself, but this had a great atmosphere and was set up very well. If I have the opportunity I'll definitely come back down for another event like this.
And many thanks to you for coming out! Your kind words are much appreciated but I cannot take full credit, I merely run the brackets and keep the room focused and organized. The venue, stream and top 8 set up were all supplied by various other people who combine forces to deliver a high standard event month after month. They're a bad ass group to work with!

But if you enjoyed this event you will definitely have a blast in April if you decide to come down. We were actually missing a lot of our support team for this event, but we'll be operating at %100 in April, camera crew and all!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
But if you enjoyed this event you will definitely have a blast in April if you decide to come down. We were actually missing a lot of our support team for this event, but we'll be operating at %100 in April, camera crew and all!
Hmm, I was thinking no before but considering I loved the group and the setup there I might just save a bit and take a train or bus down for it (I'll be at school in NY during then). It'd be great to get a big turnout, and the pot bonus is a nice incentive for it. Maybe I can talk some of he other NY players into coming down too.