What's new

Jailing S1 from F3

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy

So basically it seems that its possible to psuedo jail highs that are the same amount of startup frames from moves that are plus enough. By psuedo, I mean that it will allow you to hit a high on a crouching opponent, which on block is something you don't really see in this game. However the opponent can still backdash or super.

For batman, his f3 is plus 7 which is the same amount of startup as his s1. Due to the way frame data works in this game compared to say street fighter, the last startup frame isn't also the first active frame, so moves that begin on the same frame as the last frame of block stun don't truly jail.

I think how this works is that the transition between stand block and crouch block takes a frame, and for that frame, the opponent's hurtbox is still classified as standing, despite their animations showing a crouch state. Worth noting that this only works in the corner due to f3 pushing them too far away midscreen. Only other character I've seen who can do this so far is Black Adam.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Bane's F1 is +7 on block and the startup of his S1 is the same too

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
The reason it works it's because moves jail from a frame less in this game

Don't think it's got anything to do with blockstun

Like for example if a move is -8 and you try to punish with a high with a 7 frame and are one frame off it will still jail

I'm guessing it's because
punish state > block state > stance state
with each frame transisituon