What's new

Jailing 50/50 setup off 113 trait cancel midscreen and corner concept

Was messing around earlier with 113 trait and I found some neat stuff you could do with it

113 trait jails into a jump in and that jump in, and after 113 trait very similar to Batman , You can control whether your j2 crosses up or not depending on the character so you get a guaranteed j2 after it and they have to guess whether it's gonna cross up or not and if you hit them you can go into your strings for big damage. Obviously you have more options like grab or a normal string.
But what if they block low ? the jump won't even connect. But that's a huge risk because you can also do 112 and that last hit is an overhead and is +2 and is +10 if canceled into trait and confirmable. So it's already a huge risk and even if I do the normal 113 and you keep blocking low I still jail a b2 and a divekick. Meaning that blocking low against this is a huge risk.

Now this is a little different on characters like Batman or female characters because regardless of how fast you do the j2 after trait it'll always crossup , But this is irrelevant as you can still do an instant dive kick or a b2 both of would jail. So it's the same basically , here's a demo video on how it looks like on larger characters ( ie superman, lantern etc) video :

And on low hitbox characters , ie Batman, Harley etc.

(I doubt it because I've tried everything but there's options that I might've missed so let me know if you do find anything)
PS : ty to @Trustypatches for helping me test

PS 2 : you can't crossup on females except Harley and arrow (god knows why) but you can still jail a j2 or grab for example. Also other characters also. It's very weird but you can still crossup , just that it won't jail

PS : 3 if you do the 113 from slightly more far range on chars you normally would always cross up like Batman, You can choose whether or not it crosses up--------------

Corner :
Okay so I found some more stuff that revolves around this but it's in the corner , basically against female characters like catwoman for example you can do 113 trait and do far divekick (Will crossup) or short divekick , won't crossup. It doesn't matter if she blocks the 3 low or high or anything , she blocks your 113 trait then she has to guess , you can jail both the close and far divekick but the far divekick is extremely difficult to jail , but that's completely fine because the only way she's gonna punish the fact that you didn't jail is via super , Literally no other way for her to punish you for it. Against characters like darkseid or swamp you can't do this as they're too huge for the divekick to cross up , however if they block the 3 standing then you can jail a jump and choose whether to do far or close divekick , far will crossup (Will have a small gap between the jump and the divekick but only way to stop it is with super) and close won't crossup and will also jail. Against characters like superman or like that it's the same for catwoman except if you jail the far divekick it won't crossup , so I recommend doing a neutral jump not a forward jump then a slightly instant far divekick , they won't be able to stop it unless they have super and if you do the nj instant divekick and they somehow manage to backdash it'll hit them out of it np.
If you hit with any of those divekicks you can do : nj1 short dk nj1 short dk f121+3 for a shit ton of damage.

Videos :

Edit : months later and this still works and is useful BUT instead of doing j2 into divekick just do j2 into a string (whether it's into a f12 or a 11 etc) and itll work on hit , j2 divekick will not work on hit. And also ducking doesn't take away any of the plus frames , It's a training mode bug which I will end up doing a thread on at some point.

Last edited:
what if they are ducking?
Already said this in the thread , if they duck you can b2 or ex divekick on reaction so there's literally 0 reason for them to block low because they'll just get hit. They'll have to block high. And if you think they're gonna duck whilst doing it you can do 112 and launch them since the last hit is an oh and is +2 and more than +9 if canceled into trait. So they're forced to block oh basically.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Already said this in the thread , if they duck you can b2 or ex divekick on reaction so there's literally 0 reason for them to block low because they'll just get hit. They'll have to block high. And if you think they're gonna duck whilst doing it you can do 112 and launch them since the last hit is an oh and is +2 and more than +9 if canceled into trait. So they're forced to block oh basically.
There are a few things I want to try before I say more, but I don't think they'll be forced to block oh.

I know you played erron black, its like erron's tick throw mind games - the opponent is "forced" to block 21122 out of fear of getting combo'ed by the string itself or launched with grenade. However, they can read the grab (or in this case the jump) and crossover jip for full combo. Not a great situation to be in to be fair, but there are ways to capitalize off a read.

Not trying to say this is a gimmick. When I have more time to play I'll be able to say more.

There are a few things I want to try before I say more, but I don't think they'll be forced to block oh.

I know you played erron black, its like erron's tick throw mind games - the opponent is "forced" to block 21122 out of fear of getting combo'ed by the string itself or launched with grenade. However, they can read the grab (or in this case the jump) and crossover jip for full combo. Not a great situation to be in to be fair, but there are ways to capitalize off a read.

Not trying to say this is a gimmick. When I have more time to play I'll be able to say more.
The jump literally jails off of the string , it doesn't matter if they read If I'm doing it or not , it's gonna jail aslong as they block the 3 standing which they always will pretty much considering I can do 112

I promise its not a gimmick , I've tested this long enough to know that it does work but some more testing would deffo help. The only issue is that it doesn't work on all of the characters. (Wont crossup) but that's it

wsj515

it's gonna jail aslong as they block the 3 standing which they always will pretty much considering I can do 112
That's my point - you can't say they always will. Sure, it makes sense to under normal circumstances as Adam has way more options to blow up someone crouch blocking, but especially if someone knows the setup, they could low block the 3 of 113. That's probably going to net a punish, I can't imagine whiffing j2 on the rise is safe, even when +15 or whatever.

That's my point - you can't say they always will. Sure, it makes sense to under normal circumstances as Adam has way more options to blow up someone crouch blocking, but especially if someone knows the setup, they could low block the 3 of 113. That's probably going to net a punish, I can't imagine whiffing j2 on the rise is safe, even when +15 or whatever.
Sometimes it's possible to see it they block it low or not and just b2 them or grab but I can't say for sure because you'd need to test on an actual person for that, pretty high risk to just block low with him having another version that launches and is +9 or more with trait and +2 without. The whole point of this is to condition with 112 if they don't block it then you launch them for Free off of it anyways. and even then no one knows about this pretty much so it's safe to say that you can abuse the hell out of it for now

Last edited:
Yeah it's true that sometimes they won't but if someone does that on me then my first reaction is going to be is that he doesn't know the character. Say you meet some guy who knows about it which is gonna be rare and he does crouch low then you can still mix him up with b2 or grab or get free plus frames pretty much aslong as you train yourself to see if it's blocked low or not (which again , might not be possible and needs to be tested on a human to make sure )

Okay so I found some more stuff that revolves around this but it's in the corner , basically against female characters like catwoman for example you can do 113 trait and do far divekick (Will crossup) or short divekick , won't crossup. It doesn't matter if she blocks the 3 low or high or anything , she blocks your 113 trait then she has to guess , you can jail both the close and far divekick but the far divekick is extremely difficult to jail , but that's completely fine because the only way she's gonna punish the fact that you didn't jail is via super , Literally no other way for her to punish you for it. Against characters like darkseid or swamp you can't do this as they're too huge for the divekick to cross up , however if they block the 3 standing then you can jail a jump and choose whether to do far or close divekick , far will crossup (Will have a small gap between the jump and the divekick but only way to stop it is with super) and close won't crossup and will also jail. Against characters like superman or like that it's the same for catwoman except if you jail the far divekick it won't crossup , so I recommend doing a neutral jump not a forward jump then a slightly instant far divekick , they won't be able to stop it unless they have super and if you do the nj instant divekick and they somehow manage to backdash it'll hit them out of it np.
If you hit with any of those divekicks you can do : nj1 short dk nj1 short dk f121+3 for a shit ton of damage.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
113 trait jails into a jump in and that jump in also jails into a divekick, and after 113 trait very similar to Batman , You can control whether your j2 crosses up or not so you get a guaranteed j2 after it and they have to guess whether it's gonna cross up or not and if you hit them you can mb the divekick for big damage. Obviously you have more options like grab or a normal string.
How can you do that?

wsj515

I think this is better tech than the mid screen version. The tech overall seems good, but I think the biggest drawback is that it comes off 113, which mid screen you probably won't be using much at all unless off a jump in. The corner nullifies this issue by making 113 a so I think this is a lot better there, after a knockdown/whatever.

Edit: The more I test the mid screen version, the more I think its actually pretty bad. There are too many inconsistencies between characters. Some characters you can totally avoid any crossup setup by simply holding back. the crossup j2 will hit you, but the dive kick won't. You also cannot jail a crossup j2 on any big body character as well. Some characters can get both the crossup j2 and dive kick to whiff completely by ducking the first hit of 113 and then holding back. There's just too much variance for it to really be useful imo.

Last edited:
I think this is better tech than the mid screen version. The tech overall seems good, but I think the biggest drawback is that it comes off 113, which mid screen you probably won't be using much at all unless off a jump in. The corner nullifies this issue by making 113 a so I think this is a lot better there, after a knockdown/whatever.

Edit: The more I test the mid screen version, the more I think its actually pretty bad. There are too many inconsistencies between characters. Some characters you can totally avoid any crossup setup by simply holding back. the crossup j2 will hit you, but the dive kick won't. You also cannot jail a crossup j2 on any big body character as well. Some characters can get both the crossup j2 and dive kick to whiff completely by ducking the first hit of 113 and then holding back. There's just too much variance for it to really be useful imo.
Which characters did you test this on ? Because the divekick shouldn't whiff on any character? Were you doing the close one or far one ?because the input for it is hella weird because it actually crosses you up , short divekick is the usually go 2 here I think this is inconsistent at times but I don't think it's bad because it's not exactly random inconsistent , it's just character dependent and if you learn what you can do on those characters then that's when it could be helpful. Im willimg to go through them all and test when I can play

Also if people hold back and the jump won't crossup should never happen unless you don't jail them (Because when it jails they're frozen in place) So maybe you were mistiming this because its quite hard to do or you doing it on big body characters. There's deffo something wrong here and also keep in mind this is range dependent, I'll try and test everything today

Last edited:

wsj515

Which characters did you test this on ? Because the divekick shouldn't whiff on any character? Were you doing the close one or far one ?because the input for it is hella weird because it actually crosses you up , short divekick is the usually go 2 here I think this is inconsistent at times but I don't think it's bad because it's not exactly random inconsistent , it's just character dependent and if you learn what you can do on those characters then that's when it could be helpful. Im willimg to go through them all and test when I can play
Try getting it to work on superman so we're working on a common character just to be sure, I might not be timing it right but I don't think I am.

When the crossup j2 jails, the dive kick misses when they don't block the j2. If you time it so that the dive kick will hit, the j2 will no longer jail, and you can dash out. There's a lot more weird stuff here, including the range at which you connect the 113. The opponent ducking the first hit of 113 is a real problem for this setup, if they duck either the first hit or the last hit, you get punished. This is all ignoring the fact that this needs to come off 113 in the first place.

Ducking the first hit of 113 messes with the corner setup too, but I think it still has value.

Try getting it to work on superman so we're working on a common character just to be sure, I might not be timing it right but I don't think I am.

When the crossup j2 jails, the dive kick misses when they don't block the j2. If you time it so that the dive kick will hit, the j2 will no longer jail, and you can dash out. There's a lot more weird stuff here, including the range at which you connect the 113. The opponent ducking the first hit of 113 is a real problem for this setup, if they duck either the first hit or the last hit, you get punished. This is all ignoring the fact that this needs to come off 113 in the first place.

Ducking the first hit of 113 messes with the corner setup too, but I think it still has value.
I see what you mean about the divekick whiff issues , that sucks. I tested it on Batman and it seemed to be working on him though , also what messes up the setup when you block the first hit of 113 low ? Working fine for me , testing on ai is unreliable sometimes so maybe if you're up to it we can test this in online practice ?

Also in which way does it mess it up in the corner Because all you need to do in order for the far divekick to cross you up is to do a far divekick, It's not supposed to jail (because jailing makes it hit on the same side) , they shouldn't be able to do anything (Not even backdash) or poke only option is super and from what I tested some of them whiffed , on catwoman even if I jailed it it crossed up so it seems to be working fine unless you're talking about big body chars

Last edited: