What's new

Jade's MU Chart from Prima Official Guide

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Since MU discussions seem to be all the rage at the moment, I thought I'd post Jade's description and her MU numbers found in the Official Prima Game Guide (OBVIOUSLY for shits and giggles...it's laughable)

Ok...so this is her description under "General Strategies". Lol. :

Jade's speed, safe attacks, and savvy combo abilities put her near the top of the cast. She has four different types of Boomerang projectiles that are very tricky. The enhanced version doubles back, forcing you to block twice and opening up a world of combo opportunities for Jade. Her eclipse kick can always juggle twice if the first eclipse kick successfully hits your opponent. Jade's best setup combo is Toward+2,1,2, and she can even juggle with Eclipse Kicks afterward, leaving an opponent helpless in the corner every single time. In addition, her Away+2 pop-up is deceptive and great for follow-up combos. If done correctly in the hands of experts, her Shadow Glow allows you to go through any attack an opponent throws (Jade will take the damage from the attacks if they hit her) at you; it lasts for only a couple of seconds on the screen, but you can essentially use it to get a free combo every single time. Be wary of her meter if a player has high execution skills, as this makes her one of the deadliest characters in the game.

LOL So...if you can make it through this incredibly deceptive description without being fooled into thinking Jade is top 5, here is here MU numbers from the Guide.

Baraka: 5
CyberSub: 6
Cyrax: 4.5
Ermac: 4
Jax: 4.5
Cage: 4
Kabal: 5
Kano: 5
Kitana: 4.5
Kung Lao: 4
Liu Kang: 4.5
Mileena: 4.5
NightWolf: 4
Noob: 6
Quan Chi: 6
Raiden: 4
Reptile: 5
Scorpion: 5
Sektor: 5
Shang Tsung: 4
Sheeva: 6.5
Sindel: 5
Smoke: 4
Sonya: 4.5
Stryker: 4.5
Sub-Zero: 5.5
Kratos: 6

I guess it's not too crazily off base...lol poor Sheeva! Did any of you guys buy this guide on day 1 (like I did) and get extremely excited and hype for Jade after reading this lovely analysis of Jade?

NKZero

Noob
I'm loving this quote: If done correctly in the hands of experts, her Shadow Glow allows you to go through any attack an opponent throws (Jade will take the damage from the attacks if they hit her) at you; it lasts for only a couple of seconds on the screen, but you can essentially use it to get a free combo every single time.

Firstly, it doesn't take an "expert" to input a special move. Also, apparently this shadow glow also nullifies physical attacks. She becomes a ghost in other words. Who wrote this horse shit? Lol at Jade getting a free combo every time. Jade should be banned brah!

RunwayMafia

I'm loving this quote: If done correctly in the hands of experts, her Shadow Glow allows you to go through any attack an opponent throws (Jade will take the damage from the attacks if they hit her) at you; it lasts for only a couple of seconds on the screen, but you can essentially use it to get a free combo every single time.

Firstly, it doesn't take an "expert" to input a special move. Also, apparently this shadow glow also nullifies physical attacks. She becomes a ghost in other words. Who wrote this horse shit? Lol at Jade getting a free combo every time. Jade should be banned brah!
LOL...I know right! Prima Official Game Guides wrote this and it was on sale with the game on day 1.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I hope not...I only posted this because it was funny. When I re read this guide I was like, "awww...how cute...AS IF!"
I remember last year, I drove a friend to the store and while waiting for him to finish, I picked a copy of the guide up, hoping it could help me out. I might as well have picked up a joke book

Espio

Kokomo
I love you Runway <3.

I presume they were mentioning ex glow as opposed to regular glow lol.

Stryker beats Jade apparently...dayum.

Sheeva is free to Jade in this chart too lolol.

I was hyped for Jade day one cause I didn't get my guide till the week after the game was out and I was experimenting with her during the week and in story mode, loving her trolling and swag.

When I read the guide I was like himm....I've never played a game competitively but maaann she's that good?

RunwayMafia

I love you Runway <3.

I presume they were mentioning ex glow as opposed to regular glow lol.

Stryker beats Jade apparently...dayum.

Sheeva is free to Jade in this chart too lolol.

I was hyped for Jade day one cause I didn't get my guide till the week after the game was out and I was experimenting with her during the week and in story mode, loving her trolling and swag.

When I read the guide I was like himm....I've never played a game competitively but maaann she's that good?
I love you as well, papi!
Yeah, I read this guide religiously when I first got the game and I was fixated on the words "deadliest character in the cast" blah blah...lol. Because remember, Jade was SS tier in Armageddon and I remember how difficult Jade was to beat in MK2. MK9 was the first video game I ever took seriously and decided to play competitively...I was reading the guide earlier today and was like " Ohhh honey child, I gotta post this shit!" lol

Shadow glow is the official name of what we call ex glow. Shadow flash is the regular glow. Plus, ex glow can be pretty difficult to pull off on a pad. Fucking low boomerang always comes out instead.

The MU chart is surprisingly not too inaccurate compared to now. Of course, they contradict their own MU chart by going on to say "Jade is one of the top characters in the game".

RunwayMafia

Shadow glow is the official name of what we call ex glow. Shadow flash is the regular glow. Plus, ex glow can be pretty difficult to pull off on a pad. Fucking low boomerang always comes out instead.

The MU chart is surprisingly not too inaccurate compared to now. Of course, they contradict their own MU chart by going on to say "Jade is one of the top characters in the game".
Yup. Isn't it bizarre. Also, EX Glow is very easy to pull off...I never struggle with it! ;)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
FYI the guide was written about a version of the game EARLIER than the release version. So many of the details were different that people made a huge fuss, and I think they offered online printouts with newer info or something.

RunwayMafia

FYI the guide was written about a version of the game EARLIER than the release version. So many of the details were different that people made a huge fuss, and I think they offered online printouts with newer info or something.
True. However, it's still a classic gem of analysis. Translation; hilarious.

RunwayMafia

Yeah we always used to make jokes that like 90% of the matchups say:

"_____'s worst matchup is probably Raiden, the god of thunder."
YES...lol. I always found it pathetically humorous that in almost every "Best Matchup/Worst Matchup" section, Sheeva was in like half of the cast's "Best Matchup". lol

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
YES...lol. I always found it pathetically humorous that in almost every "Best Matchup/Worst Matchup" section, Sheeva was in like half of the cast's "Best Matchup". lol
haha and the description of just how FUCKING TERRIBLE their impression of CSZ was was really good, you should post that if you can