What's new

Video/Tutorial Jade Version 2013. Updated BNB's and new Corner Tech.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

This was probably my worst video ever. I am battling a cold and my throat was killing me so please excuse my voice.

I also recorded the footage on a digital cam and got my wife to film certain sections, so please excuse the awful video!

Here are the stats to go with the video.

The purpose of this video was to update Jade's BNB's to toasty boost worthy versions without her losing any damage. I succeeded in that respect as most of these are very easy. The hardest version is the 4 shadow kick sweet spot, but that can be replaced with 23 shadowkick to make it the same damage as the previous BNB. I show all of her standard combo starters and how ending in an uppercut is worthwhile since you do not lose ANY damage. While exploring these combos I found an interesting setup that works very well in Jade's favour. It is a vortex of sorts. If the opponent guesses right, Jade gets punished, if the opponent guesses wrong, Jade gets another free combo. It's tricky and ambiguous and I urge all of you Jade players to give it a try.

Here is the notation for the video.

OLD BNB's
JIP, B1~db2, B2, 12, 23f2~shadow kick x2 (or staff slam) -38% and 37% respectively.

DB2, B2, 12, 23f2~Shadowkicks x2 (or staff slam) 30%

B2, 12, 23f2~shadowkicks x2 (or staff slam) 25%

NEW BNB's (TOASTY BNB'S)
JIP, B1~db2, B2, 4~DF4, 12, Uppercut = 39%

Easier version: JIP, B1~db2, B2, 23~DF4, Uppercut = 38%

Db2, B2, 23~df4, Uppercut = 30%

B2, 23~df4, Uppercut = 25%

TaC Trap (haha clap trap)

***This takes place within the corner.

I am sure the video is going to confuse more than educate and I appologize for that. Basically, anytime Jade ends a combo that gives the roll animation (seen after the d1 shadowkick at the end of the bnb) she can throw a EX boomerang. Now, Normally, the opponent can punish this with a wakeup...everytime. However, Jade can actually choose what side she throws the boomerang on depending how far she dashes. She can make it VERY hard to tell what side she throws the rang on. If the opponent mashes a wakeup, and she does it so she is on the other side of the opponent, more often than not that boomerang will come back and hit the opponent giving her another 41% combo and reset into the same situation. (Kenshi is very succeptible to this. Every one of his wakeups leave him in this situation)

If they anticipate the rang coming from behind them, She can make it come from the front. Their wakeup will fall to come out and they will get hit by the boomerang and will be forced to block the return rang giving Jade a block string, mixup, or throw.

If they try to jump out of a front boomerang, they WILL get hit by the rang and jade can put them back into the corner with staff grab. If they jump straight up, the rang will pass under their feet, but Jade recovers in time to anti air combo them.

If they jump backwards when a front rang is thrown, They get hit by the rang coming out.

If they jump backwards during a front rang, they have to block the returning rang. If they jump backwards when the rang is thrown behind them, they jump back into the corner and have to block the rang coming back.

This sounds confusing, but I reccomend trying it out.

Do not use this against Kung Lao. Spin will blow it up no matter which side you pick. Same with Baraka's spin.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I love that you were able to find combos with uppercut enders that do the same damage!!! So now you lose no damage and have a chance for a toasty boost! XD

Good stuff buddy.

Goldi

Noob
Great work Chance! Can't wait to practice these.

Your wife is sweetie. Tell her thank you from us too :)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This certainly is a new era for Jade techs. Could see what low and high rangs can do?
High rangs get aborbed by any wakeup. They actually come back too quickly. Low rangs leave you stuck in recovery to long too punish a jump over.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Very posh stuff Chance! Btw, your voice sounds cute even when sick. I'm going to feature these new updated BnB's for the Punishment guide that I'm making. Awesome job, bud!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Do not use this against Kung Lao. Spin will blow it up no matter which side you pick. Same with Baraka's spin.
^thank the lord lol^
good idea with the d2 enders, mileenas pretty much the same were she can end what she wants in d2,its handy to have

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
^thank the lord lol^
good idea with the d2 enders, mileenas pretty much the same were she can end what she wants in d2,its handy to have
Jade loses nothing by ending her combos in uppercuts. Since every single one of her main starters can be modified to end in an uppercut and get the same damage, she has a lot of ability to get them in a match. No reason not to use them unless you are going for corner carry (then end in double shadow kicks).

I envision similar combos could be made for Mileena tho.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I am really liking Jade. I am trying to pull all this new tech and combos together at the same time and this green-wearing beach is a beast.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Recap: We are talking about [jip,b1db2,b2][4db1][4df4][12~ (Uppercut or Double Shadowkick to finish)
Pretty much adding an extra 4~enHigh to the TaC bNb.
Others feel free to try it too. I don't have my ps available atm.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Recap: We are talking about [jip,b1db2,b2][4db1][4df4][12~ (Uppercut or Double Shadowkick to finish)
Pretty much adding an extra 4~enHigh to the TaC bNb.
Others feel free to try it too. I don't have my ps available atm.
OMG...that would be VERY difficult. If the the 4En Boomerang keeps them high enough perhaps...

xMx M9 xSx

I <3 dogs
So are there ever going to be any combos for Jades unavoidable reset? (jip b1 slam, dash b2, en slam, then como)

I can get like 52% i think with no bars and upwards of 65% with two or three bars. It just seems like nobody ever says anything about it.