What's new

Jacqui render reveal

You guys are talking about completely different things. The guy you responded to isn't looking for new STRINGS or for her to shoot LASERS out of her gauntlets instead of MISSILES. He's looking for her to pull out a fucking sword or some shit.
So he's being disingenuous? Either way, that doesn't change that we haven't seen much of her gameplay wise.

Regarding Jacqui's guns, the thing is guns in MK strike me as beyond useless.
And yet we see they are not. Hell Erron Black has regular ass revolvers, nothing as high tech as Jacqui's gauntlets, but they still seem to do the job.

So as far as the lore goes, the are not "Beyond Useless". So it doesn't matter how they strike you.
I just came from Twitter. The backlash is the same.
Now just not true, there was even a screen shot posted on this thread showing how Jacqui's render got more likes and retweets than Johnny's and Cassie's. Jacqui's post getting over 8,000 likes to Johnny and Cassie's 4,000 Ish likes.

The "backlash" seems to be from a vocal minority. So suddenly her coming back isn't so surprising as some think.

And as for comments, for every person complaining there was also someone saying they were happy to see her back or they like her new look.

Last edited:

Queen Sindel

Divine Enlightenment
The "backlash" seems to be from a vocal minority. So suddenly her coming back isn't so surprising as some think.
If you like Jacque thats fair, no problem. But i would never believe that negative feedback about this character comes from just "vocal minority". Vast majority at the best indifferent her return. How would i know that? I am MK fan, i have other MK fan friends in real life and i am observing MK related sources on internet. There are just a few fans of Jacque as you, thats it. There are reasons why people dont like her, explained many times in this thread before. Just accept this.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
At this point whether you guys like her or not is completely beside the point. She’s in MK11 as a character. And whoever enjoys here will play her.

You don’t have to personally love every character in every fighting game. But someone will and that’s cool.

Let’s go.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
Jacqui's Melanin is poppin in this game. People hated her in MK10 so they will in MK11. Time shall pass..

Anyway, I doubt she will get a solo reveal. She'll have the Briggs family reveal to mask all of the people that want to throw shade.

Definitely going to main Jacqui, Kotal & Jade.

Agilaz

It has begun
People are still posting that character play rate table?

I mean sure, if you look at it without any nuance or context you can argue she wasn't the least played character.

Context however explains her positioning. Any mouth breather was able to do machine gun inputs and as with any zoner, it's an effective strategy vs players who are too casual about it to bother learning the counterplay. This is the majority of the playerbase.

Add to that the overall troll factor of the character, you can see why she would be used somewhat frequently.

Eventually the novelty would wear off likely, however she managed to retain numbers cause despite her garbage design, she was and still is pretty viable. I think patch 1.04 helped her quite a bit.

Simply put, just because she doesn't have the lowest play rate of the cast, doesn't mean her design is good. Visually, mechanically, thematically she was (and looks to be) severely lacking.

Honestly, looking at her biggest proponents, her most vocal support stems from people who just want to play as a sassy black female. Nothing wrong with that, but don't pretend this somehow makes the character well designed.

That's it, just throwing this out there because people don't understand causation and correlation it seems.

trufenix

bye felicia

I mean sure, if you look at it without any nuance or context you can argue she wasn't the least played character.

Context however explains her positioning. Any mouth breather was able to do machine gun inputs and as with any zoner, it's an effective strategy vs players who are too casual about it to bother learning the counterplay. This is the majority of the playerbase.

Add to that the overall troll factor of the character, you can see why she would be used somewhat frequently.

Eventually the novelty would wear off likely, however she managed to retain numbers cause despite her garbage design, she was and still is pretty viable. I think patch 1.04 helped her quite a bit.

Simply put, just because she doesn't have the lowest play rate of the cast, doesn't mean her design is good. Visually, mechanically, thematically she was (and looks to be) severely lacking.

Honestly, looking at her biggest proponents, her most vocal support stems from people who just want to play as a sassy black female. Nothing wrong with that, but don't pretend this somehow makes the character well designed.

That's it, just throwing this out there because people don't understand causation and correlation it seems.
If "easy and effective strategy" was as relevant as you think, Sub Zero and Scorpion would not be the top two characters on the list.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?

I mostly love the black sassy females most in many movies, games (non fighting) and other media, but Jacqui didn't do anything to me. Mostly because of the Special Forces bullcrap and the child-from-other-character thing. I also dislike Cassie for the same reasons mostly, but she also have the teenage girl, mobile zombie and smartass new generation barbie thing going on, so that's why I dislike Cassie even more than Jacqui.

I don't know yet if I dislike Jacqui in this game though, as we didn't see anything about her yet, spare for one little design... I already dislike Cassie again, the mobile phone thing annoys me beyond the limit of being able to be annoyed by something. And I think a spice girl/Gem/powerpuff girl doesn't belong in Mortal Kombat.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Ok I take what I said about Sonya back, she can't hang with Johnny, Jax or Cassie either. What is this 40 year old woman doing standing before godlike Jax, with his steroid strength and mecha arms? (I realize this is a ridiculous argument to even have, this is just the kind of ridiculous stuff I think of).

Regarding Jacqui's guns, the thing is guns in MK strike me as beyond useless. Reptile just sprays magical mist everywhere in MK9, and Kabal and Stryker have to resort to fist fighting. A whole squad opens up assault rifle fire on Quan and his zombies in MKX, nothing happens.

I just feel like magic/mystical/whatever trumps conventional firearms in MK, and that is by necessity. If they weren't portrayed that way, then Delta force could walk into Outworld and body Shao Khan whenever he acts up.

Jacqui's gloves just didn't seem impactful to me in MKX. But a full-blown, high tech, quantum computer controlled exo-suit? That I can get behind. Hell, if they give her a personality (and by that I mean turn her heel and have her betray SF), I might even be tempted to play her.
Considering Jacqui clobbering Reptile, F/T, Ermac, and Kotal in story canon, it looks like she’s fine for now.

And before you say that was crazy, yeah I agree, but Stryker bopping Reptile and Ermac and the Shokan in MK9 was also dumb, but it happened.

If you like Jacque thats fair, no problem. But i would never believe that negative feedback about this character comes from just "vocal minority".
You can believe what you want, but you'd be mistaken. And you're conveniently ignoring that the tweet of her render is getting a shit ton of likes and retweets, more than some of the others they posted.

So it certainly seems like the ones complaining are a vocal minority.

And with all due respect, you can't use your friends as an example of anything, since all i have is your word on that and i don't really know you all that well.

Same if i told you my experience was different with the MK fans i know personally, which it has been. It wouldn't mean much to you, since you don't know them.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Cassie and especially Johnny got less likes than Jacqui because they already had a lot of reveals before that, that was the first thing we saw of Jacqui, and if you think 8000 likes is a lot, then you really don't understand what a lot means in this world lol.