What's new

Tech - High Tech Jacqui Briggs (High Tech) - Safe Gauntlet Charge setups

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
In the corner Jacqui can get her gauntlet charge out safely at the cost of 3-6% damage.

Midscreen she can also get it off b14~QBRC, b2~db2(ex) or 121~QBRC, b2~db2(ex) but the damage sacrifice is too much (imo) for it to be viable (12-14%). It's better to just push them to the corner and go from there. Because bf2 charges forward, you can actually start this a fair bit out from the corner.

Also, worth noting that tech rolls actually delay the wakeup further so give you more time to get your gauntlets out.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Can't you get a free charge off of f12?

also bf2, EX bf4, and i think charged up QB on hit mid-screen into charge are all fairly safe against most of the cast iirc.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Can't you get a free charge off of f12?

also bf2, EX bf4, and i think charged up QB on hit mid-screen into charge are all fairly safe against most of the cast iirc.
f12, no :( I wish.

fully charged QB no, they can run up and punish or if they have a forward advancing special they can punish from full screen (e.g. Kung Jin's fly kick)

bf4(ex) no. Again, they can run up and punish or wakeup with a forward advancing special.

b2~db2 and aerial 212, db2 are the only safe ways for her to get her gauntlet out.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Lol guess I've been getting away with murder then, those are all my main "setups" to charge up >__>;

b2> db2 is garbo, not worth it at all imo. It's there I guess if you really want to charge up but the damage loss is huge.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Lol guess I've been getting away with murder then, those are all my main "setups" to charge up >__>;

b2> db2 is garbo, not worth it at all imo. It's there I guess if you really want to charge up but the damage loss is huge.
It's only 1% less than f12~db2 when you do it off a QBRC, but I agree, it's not worth it.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Oh off of a QBRC it might be worth it, I was talking raw b2>db2. Like don't do that, ever lol.

I'm still hopeful that we get the Lobo buff where he got quicker trait recovery. It was 60 pre-buff just like ours <__<

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I'd much rather they made QB faster than gauntlet charge fix her hitboxes and make df2 10 frames and then she's very viable. Less charge time on db2 would be the icing on the cake.
That means they actually give a shit tho, the db2 buff is the more realistic one as it's the one they can be like "yep it's quicker so she's good now, next character!"..

I'll be in heaven if QB is 10f, holy fuck.. maybe she'll finally be not ass with that and her arcsys character specific bullshit fixed ~__~
in our Last monthly I almost lost to a Liu Kang coz b2>ex rockets whiffed on him (which I knew! I just forgot in the heat of the match and did it like a derp), if he came back after that nonsense I would've quit the game from the salt overdose...

Last edited:

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
That means they actually give a shit tho, the db2 buff is the more realistic one as it's the one they can be like "yep it's quicker so she's good now, next character!"..

I'll be in heaven if QB is 10f, holy fuck.. maybe she'll finally be not ass with that and her arcsys character specific bullshit fixed ~__~
in our Last monthly I almost lost to a Liu Kang coz b2>ex rockets whiffed on him (which I knew! I just forgot in the heat of the match and did it like a derp), if he came back after that nonsense I would've quit the game from the salt overdose...
yeah man that would have suckedhey by the way when you want to get some matches I'm still waiting to see that high tech Jacqui lol

Cassie ex flip is the fastest wake up in the game...
Thanks for the tag.... Still getting a lot of trouble with that f12 d3 bf2

You sure that is the fastest wake up ? faster than reptile 5 frame ?

On an other note, i have been having a lot of luck vs character who want to zone me and mixing up with the absorb and the charge when they are trying to mix up their projectile timing helps draw them in if they only wanna zone..

Maybbe make video with the jailing off of f12 qbrc and b1 4 qbrc since you are so beast too lol @Pan1cMode

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Thanks for the tag.... Still getting a lot of trouble with that f12 d3 bf2

You sure that is the fastest wake up ? faster than reptile 5 frame ?

On an other note, i have been having a lot of luck vs character who want to zone me and mixing up with the absorb and the charge when they are trying to mix up their projectile timing helps draw them in if they only wanna zone..

Maybbe make video with the jailing off of f12 qbrc and b1 4 qbrc since you are so beast too lol @Pan1cMode
Maybe reptiles is faster? Either way she has at least 5 frames since s1 beats out heaps of non-armoured wakeups.

f12, d3~bf2 is hard I'll admit but it's there anyways

I can make a vid on b14~QBRC, 1212 and f12~QBRC, 1212 as well if you want haha. Easiest way to practice is to set the AI to reversal backdash.

Maybe reptiles is faster? Either way she has at least 5 frames since s1 beats out heaps of non-armoured wakeups.

f12, d3~bf2 is hard I'll admit but it's there anyways

I can make a vid on b14~QBRC, 1212 and f12~QBRC, 1212 as well if you want haha. Easiest way to practice is to set the AI to reversal backdash.
I could get the jailing with b14 QBRC 50% of the time but the f12 QBRC is hard !!!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
im new to jacqui, whats QBRC?
QBRC = quick burst run cancel.

To do this input df2, hold the 2, and then cancel the quick burst with a run (ff+block). In the combos shown in the video, she gets the quick burst out only momentarily before she cancels into the run. This provides frame advantage to continue the combo or to provide block string pressure if they're blocking. You can only do one QBRC per combo because it eats up her stamina. I think there's a thread in the Jacqui forums with tips on how to do them.