What's new

Jacquelyn Briggs BUFF Suggestions

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Added this to the OP.

Force Charge/Force Rush being a Mid instead of the current High, and also having better recovery on whiff to be used as another mobility tool.

Corpse hopping/reversing wake ups would be so sweet. And really tired of getting punish from this move being low profiled BY ACCIDENT, lol.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Added this to the OP.

Force Charge/Force Rush being a Mid instead of the current High, and also having better recovery on whiff to be used as another mobility tool.

Corpse hopping/reversing wake ups would be so sweet. And really tired of getting punish from this move being low profiled BY ACCIDENT, lol.
I think it's never been intended to work as a mid - thus we're meant to mix in exBF2 (useless) and BF4.

My suggestions are instead to:
BF1 - hurtbox reduced to go over lows (i.e. low hats). Recovery on whiff MASSIVELY reduced.
exBF2 - to leave standing on hit. Ideally to allow for a combo-able follow up. This would fix 90% of her pressure issues and gives you a reason to use all 3 reversals.
exBF4 - to leave opponent at same distance as BF4.

That balances things a bit to a lower risk BF1 and a combo-able armor move. Fine it isn't safe on block, but it's gotta be a better solution than the 16%.

That said there are so many issues with this character that I don't even know where to start!

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I think it's never been intended to work as a mid - thus we're meant to mix in exBF2 (useless) and BF4.

My suggestions are instead to:
BF1 - hurtbox reduced to go over lows (i.e. low hats). Recovery on whiff MASSIVELY reduced.
exBF2 - to leave standing on hit. Ideally to allow for a combo-able follow up. This would fix 90% of her pressure issues and gives you a reason to use all 3 reversals.
exBF4 - to leave opponent at same distance as BF4.

That balances things a bit to a lower risk BF1 and a combo-able armor move. Fine it isn't safe on block, but it's gotta be a better solution than the 16%.

That said there are so many issues with this character that I don't even know where to start!
Yes, yes, yes, and yes. :)

I would rather the recovery on whiff of BF1 be substantially reduced rather than it being a mid as well. Also would like the same oki of EX BF4 as reg BF4. EX BF2 already pushes full screen if I wanted that MU specific.

EX BF2 into a restand... So sick! Yes please.

I could see the patch notes now...

Jacqui * EX Up Rocket is now + 11 on block, reduced from +34

Jacqui * EX Force Charge is now 15% damage, up from 12.60%

Jacqui * Now says "AWWWE DAMN" whenever getting a neutral jump while attempting Stank Leg.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
After reading through the whole thread, the more I think about it, the more I think the characters with bad armor in this game had better armor to begin with but were sabotaged to suit the agenda of Grandmaster Sub-Zero's corner game....

Wonder how that would've come to pass....

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
After reading through the whole thread, the more I think about it, the more I think the characters with bad armor in this game had better armor to begin with but were sabotaged to suit the agenda of Grandmaster Sub-Zero's corner game....

Wonder how that would've come to pass....
I don't know TTH, but I think you're on to something.

JustinXavier21

These change quite often but I'll add my suggestions again here. I think we only get one shot at this so I've gone for "Required" "Ideal" and "Other". I've pulled out the fluff here. A lot of stuff is nice, but there are only a few things that will genuinely buff save her.

Urgently Required:
Stanky Leg - change command to D+F4, 4~4 or U4 - either is fine.
exBF2 - to launch on hit (just give it the Shotgun F12 2+4 animation) Reduce the damage back to 9%. A genuine and fair reversal option considering the slow speed that brings her in line with the rest of the cast.

D4 - faster startup (9 frames - keep in mind she has some of the worse D4 frames in the game on hit)

Ideal:
4 - Allow to combo into BF2 consistently. Currently this is only possible when spaced and never works on crouchers. It is her fastest mid by 4 frames.
DB1 - Improve to build 25% of a bar in meter
Quick Burst - faster startup (8 frames would be nice, 10 frames would be fair). Builds a charge if it negates a projectile.
D3 - +2 on block (hitbox on it is terrible. This at least rewards players for trying to poke.
S1 - Slightly extended hitbox

Other:
BF1 - Buggy and can occasionally be punished on hit. Reduce hitbox to go over lows. Significantly reduce recovery on whiff to augment movement.

F121 - Should come out on block or whiff.

B33 - reduced to -5 on block. It's supposed to be safe against the entire cast

exDB1 - Changed to meter burn move that reflects a generic projectile (currently she can be punished for trying to reflect some projectiles, but given the slow startup and recovery this would fix several issues).

BF2 - normalized to launch same height and distance from a low starter as it does from a mid starter. Fixes several combo issues.

Hi Shotgun - returned to having plus frames on hit (+8) or a stagger animation. Knock down on 2nd use within a combo to remove infinite.

Hi Tech - Increased chip damage while charged

exQuick Burst - reduce recovery significantly to allow use in combos

DD4 - ground bounces for a combo when Gauntlets are charged to level 2.

Last edited:

JustinXavier21

Double posting but I just can't believe how stupid exBF2 is. If it is just changed to give the spinning animation of SG F12 2+4 or Low Rocket on hit, we'd be able to deal with a lot of the really stupid stuff on a simple read like the rest of the cast. I really feel like just that alone would at least make her competitive. She needs a solid mid (Stanky Leg on a suitable command would help that due to it's solid recovery speed), and fixing her D4 to work as a counter poke when people are like -3 would do the rest. Everything else is kinda chump change to me...

STRYKIE

I don't know TTH, but I think you're on to something.
As a D'Vorah player, I know what it's like to have depressing armor options compared to the majority of the roster and I will support the crusade. I'm pretty sure @STRYKIE isn't happy about Scorpion's armor either and will also aid us.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Double posting but I just can't believe how stupid exBF2 is.
In my opinion, triple posting wouldn't even be a problem here. What is a shame is that, several well known players and Jacqui players [if not all of them] are aware of her problems, but will not speak up on them, they just drop her. And the Top Players who don't use her but are also aware of her issues, don't care to voice any of their reasoning either. Some told me they would leave feedback in here but were too busy at that moment. Several posts from them later in other threads, and still nothing here.

Oh well... We'll see come the next patch if any of the suggestions posted by people who did communicate in this thread were heard and taken into more than consideration.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
As a D'Vorah player, I know what it's like to have depressing armor options compared to the majority of the roster and I will support the crusade. I'm pretty sure @STRYKIE isn't happy about Scorpion's armor either and will also aid us.
Haha, thanks TTH. I rock the SQ as my secondary to gain access to some good pokes in certain match ups, and know all too well the feeling of waking up blocking.

And tell STRYKIE we appreciate his back up as well.

STRYKIE

the whole takeda crew will also join
Woah woah woah woah. I hate to be a party pooper but hold the gig son. You have a viable armored starter in Lasher :mad: (although Lasher as a whole could probably do with a couple of adjustments.) I was talking about characters who don't have an armored starter in the neutral in ANY variation lol.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Woah woah woah woah. I hate to be a party pooper but hold the gig son. You have a viable armored starter in Lasher :mad: (although Lasher as a whole could probably do with a couple of adjustments.) I was talking about characters who don't have an armored starter in the neutral in ANY variation lol.
What's lasher ? Lol ..oh, well we do have good armored starters, I cant deny that... But when your armor is more fragile than feminist egos and it seems even the smallest poke can break it I thought we could ridge out for the cause together... I mean you can sneeze and knock takeda out of his armor...but I see what kinda party it is...

Last edited:

STRYKIE

What's lasher ? Lol ..oh, well we do have good armored starters, I cant deny that... But when your armor is more fragile than feminist egos and it seems even the smallest poke can break it I thought we could ridge out for the cause together... I mean you can sneeze and knock takeda out of his armor...but I see what kinda party it is...
Isn't the EX low whip 18 frames? It does seem like there's a few things that can break through that but that's not too bad, that's the same as Outlaw Erron's EX sand and Warlock Quan's EX low scoop and their communities are generally satisfied with that.

But again, I agree that Lasher loses too much utility compared to the others to make it worth it lol.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Isn't the EX low whip 18 frames? It does seem like there's a few things that can break through that but that's not too bad, that's the same as Outlaw Erron's EX sand and Warlock Quan's EX low scoop and their communities are generally satisfied with that.

But again, I agree that Lasher loses too much utility compared to the others to make it worth it lol.

Lol man we could go on days about takedas armor .. but I don't wanna take the shine away from the Briggs family.. but in a nutshell its super fragile.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I think in High Tech, it would be cool if the Tech Shield reflected projectiles without being enhanced.

I also think F12,2+4 should come out on block in Shotgun.

I'd like F1 to be overhead, but I hiiighly doubt they'd do that lol

Last edited: