What's new

Tech J3 Ambiguous crossup/safejump tech

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hey.

Here's the tech vid. A correction, ignore the part where the low height sweep never crosses up, it always does, that's the problem, I got it wrong accidentaly.

VS WAKEUPS​
J3/J2 ( Tested more with J3 ) will make wakeups like Doomsday's air snatch and GL's lift to whiff the other way, when a wakeup is done J3 will cross up but hit thin air while they whiff their wakeup, you can even stuff air snatch for a full combo because it isn't a fully invincible wakeup. Even sword flip whiffs but you don't want that because they're fullscreen now.​
What I'm basically gonna do from now on is play full on dirty and as cheap as possible, I realised you can't play safe with Joker because you absolutely NEED to take risks.​
OmegaK
Gilbagz
StevoSuprem0
Wild Card
OnlineRon91
laudanum09
giantqtipz
lorenzo
Dr Jackal
snort
Gysbert
AK-Israel
AK elitegoomba
Metzos
FixdSwine
x5STAR
EMP Dark
B W1zZ
UsedForGlue
MetaSkipper
Ren21
AA25Mamba

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
We need to make a thread called "Qwark adds d3 to every single situation to produce a potential ambiguous jump in setup" and combine all the other threads. Lol nice job though, I had no idea that ji3 didn't cross up in this situation, so that's good to throw people off once they see the ji2 does, and leads back into the same combo setup for another bar. Cool stuff.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What about upward venom? That is DD's best wake up.
it will whiff the other way and be gunshot for 8%

the beauty of this setup is that certain characters can no longer input anti air wakeups on reaction to you jumping.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
We need to make a thread called "Qwark adds d3 to every single situation to produce a potential ambiguous jump in situation" and combine all the other threads. Lol nice job though, I had no idea that ji3 didn't cross up in this situation, so that's good to throw people off once they see the ji2 does, and leads back into the same combo setup for another bar. Cool stuff.
bro, i add d3 to d3

StevoSuprem0

Are you sure this is a safe jump?
It's gonna be matchup specific I think. Certain characters are gonna be able to escape, and others (BA lightning cage for instance) will be able to punish it if the inputs track or they reverse their inputs in anticipation. That's what it has been in the past at least.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's gonna be matchup specific I think. Certain characters are gonna be able to escape, and others (BA lightning cage for instance) will be able to punish it if the inputs track or they reverse their inputs in anticipation. That's what it has been in the past at least.
the beauty of this in the doomsday matchup is that doomsday will either do an air venom which sends him 3/4 screen and is punished by gunshot or must guess which way the jump hits, both sides will cause the venom to whiff and doing snatch is certain death

StevoSuprem0

Also, does this work when you catch a max distance ji3? Or does the b3 whiff? If so, can you just go straight to ji2 sweep, or does it mess up the spacing?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Also, does this work when you catch a max distance ji3? Or does the b3 whiff? If so, can you just go straight to ji2 sweep, or does it mess up the spacing?
this only works from the distance where b3 connects, which is just inside of max j3 range

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Question, did you guys get your alerts? I had to copy-paste the tags and I don't think that actually notifies people.