What's new

It's time I got better with Reptile.

Kazoot

Noob
Seeing as I live off of ragemail and Reptile is such a prime candidate for it, I figured it was high time I stepped up my game with him. So what are some general tactics that work well with Reptile? I'm not ready to start learning the Njp combo just yet, but any others so that I have some more in my repertoire that deal respectable damage would be a great help. I just want something more to do besides his staple 1, 2, 2 Forceball combo.

What're some uses for Acid Hand as well? I don't find myself using this move a lot outside of fighting turtles, but I know it's great move, I just can't see how to use it. I'm sure I'll have more questions

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Acid hand itself is very good in blockstrings to build meter, as well as push the opponent back to Reptile's ideal range. Using it after d4, f2 or 321 gives him a really solid footsies game. Also, in the corner, after 321 it will lead to combos.

122 xx forceball combos are fine until you get down the elbow whiff juggles.

Oh, and learn your ranges where you can take advantage of elbow's mobility.

i enjoy mixing in the JIP(2), 3, 2, Ex.FFB, NJP, 3, 2, SFB, 3, 2, 1, slide (43%)...seems like a lot of them do not expect it...great use of 1 meter IMO and the NJP is really easy to land off of Ex.FFB.

as far as acid hand goes THTB hit it spot on...i enjoy 3,2,1,AH and 1,2,2,AH...add JIP as needed...and mix in the slide in place of acid hand, or elbow dash...just good mixups...

another good way to loosen the opponents guard is D+4 into acid hand or dash ...or D+3 into either...

and at a distance keep them guessing which order you are putting out FB, SFB, and spit...always mix it up based on your read of their reaction to each...sometimes i will stop zoning randomly and dash in for a pressure string and hopefully a combo...

good luck :)

TrickyNick

Weather Man
I like to use reptile occasionally as well. One thing that will help your game is pressure over damage in most cases. Inless you need that extra slide at the end of a combo to kill them. Instead of slide end your combos into slowforceballs or EX forceballs. This allows you to approach some what safe, and further extend you pressure game. Elbow dash wiff into d4 acid hand will work wonders. Im no reptile expert by any means but I find these few things to be effective. Correct me if im wrong guys.

definitely what nicky said on the pressure note...always end it with the FB to further pressure, i wrote slide in that one combo out of habit for flash purposes...but yes you want to keep the pressure going in your momentum as long as possible, so bump to that

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Just a tip for people having difficulties doing D4 cancel into acid hand.

To do this 100% hit D4 then immediately B2. You can't be holding down though to do the D4 part. I've been using this method and pretty much get it everytime

Just a tip for people having difficulties doing D4 cancel into acid hand.

To do this 100% hit D4 then immediately B2. You can't be holding down though to do the D4 part. I've been using this method and pretty much get it everytime
This works for a large amount of inputs, as it registers the initial input of the special. For instance: b2, f2 with Sektor or b2, f4 with Stryker. Timing is strict most often, and the first hit must connect.

i enjoy mixing in the JIP(2), 3, 2, Ex.FFB, NJP, 3, 2, SFB, 3, 2, 1, slide (43%)...seems like a lot of them do not expect it...great use of 1 meter IMO and the NJP is really easy to land off of Ex.FFB.
This is an excellent combo, especially online - just remember that ending it without the slide is sometimes better as it lets you reset with forceballs to zone.