What's new

It's about time I introduce myself

Hello, my name is Black Magic. Not because I'm black though...it's actually because I'm a wizard lol.

I just turned 30 years old in June of 2017 and married my soulmate just a couple years before that. For the last 15 years in my life I’ve been devoted to my first passion, development. Development is such a cool and creative field to be apart of. I feel like, with a little time and imagination, you can build some really cool tools that solve big problems. That brings me to another fact about me — I love to solve problems! I’m not sure what it is about it specifically…maybe the challenge in figuring out something you haven’t done before, or maybe the thrill you get at the end when the solution is completed and the users express their satisfaction. Solving problems is a daily exercise in development, so being able to do that for 15 years has been an amazing and rewarding experience. As much as I love development, I can’t deny that I’ve fallen for another hobby even more, and that’s my love for fighting games! Ever since I was a kid, I can remember going to the restaurant across the street from my neighborhood and spending all my money and time at the arcades. I never hesitated when choosing the game I wanted to play. They may have had the latest Centipede machine or the new Pac Man, but I wasn’t interested in those. The games I was most interested in always had a crowd surrounding the machines, always had loud cheering and excitement, and always had someone with a smile or a salt face. Dollar after dollar, hour after hour, I fell into the world of competitive gaming. A couple of years ago, Netherrealm Studios released Injustice, and once again, I was pulled back into one of the most exciting world’s I’d ever been apart of.

So yea, that's me in a nutshell. Happy to answer any questions folks may have.

Most damn Definitely! I remember accepting your request on PSN like a week ago, so we gotta game it up sometime.
LOL yea i remember that....slightly hahaha. Don't want you thinking I was scurred, so let's get it in whenever u got some time brospeh!

Khaotic DEE-STROYED me the other night. Albeit, I was a bit preoccupied (excuses excuses lol), but that still shouldn't have ended in a 10-0 for this man, no way!!!

i can imagine their sets to end 0 - 0 cause neither one wanted to hit the other....

srsly its nice to see some positive folks in the world, thanx fellas

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Welcome. I agree with xFriction, we need more positive people here. This community, despite some silliness and such, is actually pretty amazing and the best FG community Ive ever been a part of.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
How are the other FG communities like then?

Well, I said that "Ive ever been a part of", but Ive been treated more respectfully and maturely here and by NRS players in general than I have on any other forum, stream or discord for another fighting game. I cant speak to the offline community because that, aside from the 1% of regular travelling tournament players, is regional, and we dont have an offline scene here to begin with.

The online Capcom community is one of the most toxic and generally foul things Ive ever seen outside of MOBAs. It has its good eggs, sure, and we have our bad, but the level of quality is orders of magnitude higher here and in NRS streams/Discords than Ive EVER seen in Capcom stuff - and just so you know, I'm more a Capcom player (SF anyway) than I am an NRS guy. I love both, but I have *far* more hours in SFIV and V than I do MKX/INj2. It says something that though most of the time SF is my main game, I still post here in our SF thread rather than bother with others.

The Anime community, GG, BB, etc, isnt bad at all, but its.. quiet and it can be oddly pretentious sometimes. I dont really have anything bad to say about places like Dustloop and the various Discords and streams for the main anime games, except that the 'community' aspect seems to be lacking. It's just.. quiet.

KOF community is SUPER nice and helpful, all four of them.

We have our trolls and our children. We have our fights and our immaturity, but we also seem to have a core of actual humans that want to further the game and the scene and are willing to help anyone that asks. Ive had some AMAZING players sit down with me for sets, or just give me advice and remain patient and willing to help.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Well, I said that "Ive ever been a part of", but Ive been treated more respectfully and maturely here and by NRS players in general than I have on any other forum, stream or discord for another fighting game. I cant speak to the offline community because that, aside from the 1% of regular travelling tournament players, is regional, and we dont have an offline scene here to begin with.

The online Capcom community is one of the most toxic and generally foul things Ive ever seen outside of MOBAs. It has its good eggs, sure, and we have our bad, but the level of quality is orders of magnitude higher here and in NRS streams/Discords than Ive EVER seen in Capcom stuff - and just so you know, I'm more a Capcom player (SF anyway) than I am an NRS guy. I love both, but I have *far* more hours in SFIV and V than I do MKX/INj2. It says something that though most of the time SF is my main game, I still post here in our SF thread rather than bother with others.

The Anime community, GG, BB, etc, isnt bad at all, but its.. quiet and it can be oddly pretentious sometimes. I dont really have anything bad to say about places like Dustloop and the various Discords and streams for the main anime games, except that the 'community' aspect seems to be lacking. It's just.. quiet.

KOF community is SUPER nice and helpful, all four of them.

We have our trolls and our children. We have our fights and our immaturity, but we also seem to have a core of actual humans that want to further the game and the scene and are willing to help anyone that asks. Ive had some AMAZING players sit down with me for sets, or just give me advice and remain patient and willing to help.
Thanks for the insight man!