What's new

Video/Tutorial It's 3 years late, but I took NRS's Challenge

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Back during the promotional days of MK9, NRS challenged everybody to take on Challenge Tower #300 and clear it with a Flawless.

Never actually got round to trying it out, because I was far more focused on being decent against human opponents. Now the game has quieted down, and I'm super excited for MKX, I decided to give it a go.

Managed to smash it, and here's the video!

I know some people on youtube managed to do it, but their recordings were with a hand camera, so BOOOOOOOO!

Anybody else managed to do this? Would love to see your results too :)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm most impressed with you not getting touched by toilet paper Mileena. She is really the only difficult part. I don't think I could ever do this without getting touched.

I have actually completed every single tower/star lab challenge

they were a huge pain in the ass and also a huge disappointment when i saw the rewards
That Mileena skin made me 2000% mad when I realized THAT was the reward.
Plenty of people would find it worth the trouble to get past Challenge #300 if we got a Flesh Pits costume for every character.

Such reward, very fleshy, much arousal, many puking. Wow.

PND_Ketchup

I'm most impressed with you not getting touched by toilet paper Mileena. She is really the only difficult part. I don't think I could ever do this without getting touched.
It takes a LOT of luck to not get hit. Everyone else is fine, but her moves are built to be beat by blocking. Haha!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It takes a LOT of luck to not get hit. Everyone else is fine, but her moves are built to be beat by blocking. Haha!
Right, that's what I mean. That teleport punch seems like the key. I don't think I'd have much luck with Ermac trying to flawless this.

The thing with challenge tower is that it gets easier every time you fail. So anyone can get a flawless if he first fails 100 times.

A more fun challenge would be to beat challenge tower 300 on your first try (no flawless since its impossible).

PND_Ketchup

The thing with challenge tower is that it gets easier every time you fail. So anyone can get a flawless if he first fails 100 times.

A more fun challenge would be to beat challenge tower 300 on your first try (no flawless since its impossible).
The game doesn't get easier the more you fail. The AI remains the same.

The difference is that when you fail over and over, you either get a full health bar after each fight, or you get buffs on top of the AI opponents. I don't know which one, as my Challenge Tower is still pre-nerf, as I haven't lost enough.