What's new

It needs to be said. Online some characters are stronger.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
This is true for pretty much any fighting game online, but it's especially obnoxious in NRS games where there are just so many overheads and lows. Everything becomes a read lol
Actually there are very few characters who have low and overhead starters, most of them are reactable and lead to nothing. If you know the strings you should be able to block no problem...? There are very few strings that are hard to block because the hits come in quick succession, only one I can think of is Scorpions f3,2 (?!) in Searing Rage, which has a quick OH-low which can be hard to block, but also it’s -25 on block!

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I swear to God, every time when I'm crouching and blocking and see Sub-Zero's f2 I let go of down. And I get hit avery freaking time.
With a delay of 2 frames online reacting is very hard/impossible, even if you do see it in time the input delay might screw you over... try in training mode if you’re really able to react, if it does not work there either you might simply be too slow, even if you have a different impression while you’re playing.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I swear to God, every time when I'm crouching and blocking and see Sub-Zero's f2 I let go of down. And I get hit avery freaking time.
every single FUCKING TIME.
i actively LOOK for the move the whole game, i seriously do, and yet it never matters because if i hold DOWN, I'm going to be holding down for the next 5000000 frames because of the fucking DELAY.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I really doubt you people react on time EVERYTIME, the move is 19f. Even IF you can reliably react to it in training mode, you have to consider that in a real match your reaction might be off by just a smidge. That being said, I honestly doubt you can actually react to it one hundred percent even in training mode, let alone in a real match; blaming online delay might not be an excuse in this instance, sorry to break it to you guys.

Gaxkang

Banned
every single FUCKING TIME.
i actively LOOK for the move the whole game, i seriously do, and yet it never matters because if i hold DOWN, I'm going to be holding down for the next 5000000 frames because of the fucking DELAY.
Well it's the same with Jade's overhead attack...other day I saw it early and still got hit by it. And canned comboed.

People win fights off of stuff that becomes unreactable, or unpunishable.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Well it's the same with Jade's overhead attack...other day I saw it early and still got hit by it. And canned comboed.

People win fights off of stuff that becomes unreactable, or unpunishable.
Yea I got hit lots of times by that too lol
I don’t really play people on WiFi for that reason. In wired connection issues like that occur way less I feel, even if the connection is not super good.

U can still punish it with lots of characters by using specials though, they guarantee frame perfect punishes (reason why subs slide is really good online)

REYTHEGREAT

is lui kang kicks one of the things that work online but not online? what is it, F43 i believe, or F34. After a blocked one, some players repeat the same kick and sometimes you cannot interrupt it. Maybe i need a faster punishing move.

MK9

Noob
is lui kang kicks one of the things that work online but not online? what is it, F43 i believe, or F34. After a blocked one, some players repeat the same kick and sometimes you cannot interrupt it. Maybe i need a faster punishing move.
F333 is the one they just lock you down where you can’t poke and it hits you again. They think they have skill or something but you just can’t counter it.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
It’s not viable, it shouldn’t be online either even in mediocre connection. F3,3,3,3 is -12 (punishable), f4,3 is -7 (not staggerable) and f4,3,U3 is +5, but you can flawless block and then it’s -11. If u block it normally that’s on you and you will have to take the follow-up.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Not really. Maybe if the Liu has conditioned the other player really hard to not push buttons.
It’s like people do not even know what frame data in the move list means. Please just go into the lab and try to find answers guys! You are putting information out there that is simply wrong. YES, some things are harder to react to online but unless all of you are only playing in god awful connections all the time I don’t understand what these problems you’re having are about. I think what you’re lacking is not a good connection but basic knowledge of the game’s mechanics.

Also: if you’re playing on WiFi yourself, please try to get a wired connection, believe me the difference is VERY noteable and some of your issues might simply resolve themselves.

gam224

The world's least hype player
It’s like people do not even know what frame data in the move list means. Please just go into the lab and try to find answers guys! You are putting information out there that is simply wrong. YES, some things are harder to react to online but unless all of you are only playing in god awful connections all the time I don’t understand what these problems you’re having are about. I think what you’re lacking is not a good connection but basic knowledge of the game’s mechanics.

Also: if you’re playing on WiFi yourself, please try to get a wired connection, believe me the difference is VERY noteable and some of your issues might simply resolve themselves.
Yeah I’ve only been playing since injustice I’m sure after over half a decade my “basic knowledge of game mechanics “ is just poor. We should be having conversations about how lag and online effects the game because there are tournaments that are online. This is a conversation that needs to be had. Erron Black online has some mkx 1/3 chance of correctly blocking. That’s a different ball game from offline. The question then becomes should we balance play for online and then how and to what degree.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Yeah I’ve only been playing since injustice I’m sure after over half a decade my “basic knowledge of game mechanics “ is just poor. We should be having conversations about how lag and online effects the game because there are tournaments that are online. This is a conversation that needs to be had. Erron Black online has some mkx 1/3 chance of correctly blocking. That’s a different ball game from offline. The question then becomes should we balance play for online and then how and to what degree.
Look, I am not saying that nothing needs to be looked at, but some of those claims are way over exaggerated. Strings that are -7 do not become ‘basically plus’ online. That is simply not true.

Of course some things are going to be better online than offline. You’re playing people who are literally sitting hundreds to thousands of miles away from you.

Also I don’t know in what kind of connection all of them are playing, but unless it is really bad I feel like the delay is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I can regularly punish things that are -11 to -15 frames, if the delay was really that bad that would not be possible.

Erron Blacks ‘mix’ is already kind of a lot worse offline since the game launched, because people figured out lots of stuff against it. I feel like his basic f4 or slide ‘50/50’ is pretty reactable online, especially at a distance. It is 21f for the slide and 30f(!) for the boot. That’s not something you have to have godlike reactions for.

He can still mix you with his b222 and slide, but even that is not AS good as people claim. Offline you can react to slide startup or simply fuzzy it (even though I feel like the latter is the more difficult option), online it is way harder, but if you block the slide correctly he basically eats at least 30% for a mediocre payoff most of the time.

All I’m saying is, MY personal online experience (I live in Germany and play on xbox) has not been nearly as bad as it is described here and unless you people either have a really shitty connection yourself or are playing people with a really bad connection, most of the complaints here do not truely reflect how things realistically are.

Last edited:

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Oh and one more thing: lots of the top players practice mainly online and their gameplay seems to be fine, I mean they are winning. Of course they also play offline a lot, but the effects of online play do not seem to matter as much to them as they do to everyone here.

MK9

Noob
It’s not viable, it shouldn’t be online either even in mediocre connection. F3,3,3,3 is -12 (punishable), f4,3 is -7 (not staggerable) and f4,3,U3 is +5, but you can flawless block and then it’s -11. If u block it normally that’s on you and you will have to take the follow-up.
F333 online is only punishable character based. Certain characters just cannot punish it. You can mash the shit out of d1 and a repeat f3 beats you.

The fact that I can only parry the last hit on 50% of the connections shows online makes the frame mean nothing on that string.

As long as it punishable offline that’s all that matters,.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
F333 online is only punishable character based. Certain characters just cannot punish it. You can mash the shit out of d1 and a repeat f3 beats you.

The fact that I can only parry the last hit on 50% of the connections shows online makes the frame mean nothing on that string.

As long as it punishable offline that’s all that matters,.
Ok, that might be true, but that’s the case for some moves. If your d1 does not connect usually your d3 will. Some d3s will make d1s whiff, it can be aggravating in the wrong moment but those are the things that also make this game fun: learning the intricate differences between matchups and figuring out how to counter play.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Look, I am not saying that nothing needs to be looked at, but some of those claims are way over exaggerated. Strings that are -7 do not become ‘basically plus’ online. That is simply not true.

Of course some things are going to be better online than offline. You’re playing people who are literally sitting hundreds to thousands of miles away from you.

Also I don’t know in what kind of connection all of them are playing, but unless it is really bad I feel like the delay is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I can regularly punish things that are -11 to -15 frames, if the delay was really that bad that would not be possible.

Erron Blacks ‘mix’ is already kind of a lot worse offline since the game launched, because people figured out lots of stuff against it. I feel like his basic f4 or slide ‘50/50’ is pretty reactable online, especially at a distance. It is 21f for the slide and 30f(!) for the boot. That’s not something you have to have godlike reactions for.

He can still mix you with his b222 and slide, but even that is not AS good as people claim. Offline you can react to slide startup or simply fuzzy it (even though I feel like the latter is the more difficult option), online it is way harder, but if you block the slide correctly he basically eats at least 30% for a mediocre payoff most of the time.

All I’m saying is, MY personal online experience (I live in Germany and play on xbox) has not been nearly as bad as it is described here and unless you people either have a really shitty connection yourself or are playing people with a really bad connection, most of the complaints here do not truely reflect how things realistically are.
You live in Germany. Europe generally has better internet than a lot of America due to the population density. Nobody is complaining about erron’s Forward 4. Slide doesn’t lead to “mediocre pay off” it puts you right on top of acid. Your country has some of the best internet in the world and you live closer to each other than most people do on the coasts. When I was playing at a different location I had a higher win rate. I moved my internet got better and I had to relearn strats from a different perspective. I don’t feel like I’m playing the same game online.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Yea, I totally get your point. I liked your OP, even though I don’t really see a solution for the problem and I totally agree that some characters are stronger online than offline (Sub is a good example).

I have an issue with people acting like they can’t do anything online and it’s never their fault. This thread is a whole lot of excuses for bad play mixed with only some viable opinions. Most people are simply not putting in the work to get better and love to complain about things that are not actual problems. I simply do not want the game to get changed because of people who do not even understand the game they play.

You’re probably right about Erron’s slide, the meterburn is a pain to deal with. But it is still possible to react and punish accordingly.

I am really questioning how bad the connection must be in the US, maybe I cannot fathom it from my point of view :/

MK9

Noob
Yea, I totally get your point. I liked your OP, even though I don’t really see a solution for the problem and I totally agree that some characters are stronger online than offline (Sub is a good example).

I have an issue with people acting like they can’t do anything online and it’s never their fault. This thread is a whole lot of excuses for bad play mixed with only some viable opinions. Most people are simply not putting in the work to get better and love to complain about things that are not actual problems. I simply do not want the game to get changed because of people who do not even understand the game they play.

You’re probably right about Erron’s slide, the meterburn is a pain to deal with. But it is still possible to react and punish accordingly.

I am really questioning how bad the connection must be in the US, maybe I cannot fathom it from my point of view :/
Put it this way I played a kang his custom variation name was “only need one string”. The sad part is with kang you can win with only using one string online here. Thank god his conn I was able to parry the last hit.

It is viable because of Liu Khan animations. He was designed this was intentionally, it's very hard to tell if the strings ends or not. F4, F43, F3, you can stagger any of them and it's gonna work.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
It is viable because of Liu Khan animations. He was designed this was intentionally, it's very hard to tell if the strings ends or not. F4, F43, F3, you can stagger any of them and it's gonna work.
Ok, I guess your right. Technically it should not work though. Someone who plays a lot against Liu Kang will be able to tell, pro Kang players do not go for it often against other pros for that reason, from what I’ve seen. People like fox will blow you up probably, frame wise it’s pretty risky.