What's new

Issues with Stick Layouts

new hitbox user here. I'm actually building a reversed hitbox for lefties.

I've been gimping myself playing on standard layouts.
Ill be using Dizzy' layout as I hate 8 buttons. Love 6 six and shortcuts.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Anyone else having a hard time finding a working layout? The switch to the meter burn being activated with the interactable button has COMPLETELY messed up my layout and I don't know what to do. My layout used to be as follows for MK9 and MKX:

1 FS 2
3 BL 4

Interactable and throw didn't even need their own button because I would just push 1+2 together for INT and 1+3 together to throw. I could also easily do X-Rays because FS and BL were right next to each other. I could also meter burn easily as block was central to all other attack buttons. Here's what I've been using for MK11, that has thus far been a nightmare when it comes to triggering the Fatal Blow:

1 INT 2 FS
3 BL 4 TH

Using INT to trigger the amplify/meter burn is no big deal. I'll get used to that. My issue is triggering the Fatal Blow. Pushing block and flip stance together with this layout is a nightmare. And before you say "just move your block button", let me explain that I've been playing MK since MK1 and block has ALWAYS been in the middle. I cannot have it anywhere else. It simply doesn't work for me.

I am really hoping NRS offers some sort of double button mapping for the Fatal Blows. I have never used the throw button ONCE, so it's completely useless to me. Please NRS give us the option to have a one button Fatal Blow. I can't be the only stick player who is struggling with this change to meter burn. No fighter should require an 8 button layout. It's absurd.

At the very least, let us trigger Fatal Blow like the X-Ray's alternate input in the past (3+BL+4). Even that would be fine with me. Reaching across all those buttons to trigger such an important move is awful.
For me it's simple:

TH 1 2 FS
BL 3 4 AMP

I press 1+3 for throws. I'll see how well this works for me. My thumb rests on the block button. My middle finger is used for all other buttons.

With button shortcuts on, BLK + 3+ 4 triggers Fatal Blow.

Last edited:
Just got a Hitbox and have been using some of the shortcuts mentioned in this thread. I really like 3 + 4 + BL for FB’s. I think I’m going to switch R1 to stance switch.

1 2 SS Th
3 4 Bl In

mn_tercercine

you can call me blue cheese, because I am DRESSING
My current issue is that there's no way to use consumables on a stick.

Same, I can't even relate to the people complaining about ToT yet because I don't have the option to play them as intended lol. Idk how I'm going to do Krypt either but I haven't tried it yet to see if stick works for that.

I haven’t tried either yet as I want to see everyone’s arcade endings first but i’m planning on doing the Krypt on pad and having the AI do the towers of time when needed.