What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Issues with Scorpion that I feel should be amended (regulations included)

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So just to summarize, Scorpion lacks a good armored move to punish gaps, has one or two wonky strings and needs a poking tool to create pressure? He'd also get a nerf on his ridiculous jump normals (hopefully along with the others) and make it easier to defend against inferno?

Everything here seems pretty reasonable. With the way MKx works when I see that certain characters don't have good armor or some other tool that a majority have that allows them to really play the game I just wonder "why?". I hate playing against scorpion but these changes seem fine.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Scorp in his current state is as mid tier as you get, which in this game is a pretty good thing.

Characters I have better than him
For sure
Raiden
Quan Chi
D'vorah
Erron Black
Kung Lao
Rooooooo Kang
Tanya
Shinnok
Predator
Cassie Cage
Jax
Kung Jin
Johnny Cage
Sonya

Most Likely Better than Scorp
Kenshi
Kano
SZ
Ermac
So he's around 18th on the Tier list, this of course as with all tier lists is just my opinion.
That's where I have him as well, except higher than Kano, and I don't see how anyone can say he is higher than Kitana lol. I know its fun to pretend that the only reason the character is doing well is SonicFox who could quite honestly probably win with Jacqui, doesn't change that Kitana has so much potential in high level hands, I really don't think there is any way that Scorp is better than her. I don't have him lower than Sub though I think Sub is just below him. So Scorp is at #19 to me, and I don't think that is being at all unfair, just being completely realistic.

Regardless, there is nothing wrong with being mid tier, and Scorp being #19 just shows how viable the mid tier is. I do think he could use a couple of improvements however.