What's new

Issues that are making me seriously not want to play anymore.

Landonio

n00b
-Lag. I don't know what the deal is but lately the connections have been terrible. I can't even count how many punishes I've missed, and therefore how many matches I've lost, because of this.
-Winquitters/one-and-doners. These people need to be banned for life (sarcasm). Not the game's fault but moreso the community's. Wish these people would just get out of Kompetitive Kasual (which is meant for learning and sets) and go play something else.

Moreso than these though, it's the input issues:
-B/F motions not registering properly. I constantly get standing 3 when I want slide. So annoying.
-Special cancels not registering properly. I constantly get b3>qcf2 when I'm clearly doing b3, 2>iceball. No input window timing seems to alleviate this.
-Not being able to roll after I get knocked down. I just get stance switch, and then die. And yes, I have the meter. Maybe the most frustrating thing of all.

I've played 100s of fighting games and never have these input issues, so I know it's not me.

Thoughts?

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
-Special cancels not registering properly. I constantly get b3>qcf2 when I'm clearly doing b3, 2>iceball. No input window timing seems to alleviate this.
Ice ball is qcf1, I’m not sure how you are getting ice ball with B3,qcf2. Are you saying you get no ice ball at all because the the 2 is registering before the qcf? Regardless, I’ve noticed lately that my f1,3,qcf3 seems to be behaving similarly w dvorah. Fortunately for me, I’ve switched to db1 setups and am doing much better. Wish there was a solution for you.

Landonio

n00b
Ice ball is qcf1, I’m not sure how you are getting ice ball with B3,qcf2. Are you saying you get no ice ball at all because the the 2 is registering before the qcf? Regardless, I’ve noticed lately that my f1,3,qcf3 seems to be behaving similarly w dvorah. Fortunately for me, I’ve switched to db1 setups and am doing much better. Wish there was a solution for you.
Well I probably can do standing 3>iceball, but I haven't committed that to muscle memory yet. I shouldn't HAVE to change up my punish, it should just register properly, but I guess I'm gonna have to.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
The bf motions thing, all I can say is that the timing is super different from previous NRS titles, and your muscles just need to get used to it. I'm a Scorpion player, so I need that motion all the time, and it took a bit to adjust, but I really don't have much of an issue with it anymore.

Landonio

n00b
The bf motions thing, all I can say is that the timing is super different from previous NRS titles, and your muscles just need to get used to it. I'm a Scorpion player, so I need that motion all the time, and it took a bit to adjust, but I really don't have much of an issue with it anymore.
Appreciate the response. I'm not really sure what I need to be doing different in order to get it to not get that though.

Same with getting special cancels and wake-up rolls to always come out. And once again, I've never had this problem in any other game, and I've heard others say the same thing.

For the inputs, it's you it's always you. Just like it was me. When I first played nrs games it took me forever to get used to the combo inputs and just the general input buffer. Don't worry if you got time and conviction you can get your execution down.

As for the others, try and network with players to get sets that are meaningful on here. Most people here will give you sets if you ask.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Have you toggled the input window? I've found cancelling on input window set to long or medium is noticeably different.

Also yes... Playing someone on kompetitive Kasual that fatalities then one and dones me is frustrating only for the extra 4-5 minutes of my life that person just stole from me lol.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Appreciate the response. I'm not really sure what I need to be doing different in order to get it to not get that though.

Same with getting special cancels and wake-up rolls to always come out. And once again, I've never had this problem in any other game, and I've heard others say the same thing.
Special cancels, I'm not sure. The only ones I really ever struggle with are cancelling from jump-ins. For rolls, think of the timing as like a "while rising" move in Tekken and Soul Calibur. It's later than you think it should be.

gam224

The world's least hype player
The one thing that gets me about this game control wise is the way hop is mapped . Can we get a hop button instead of stance change. There’s not much use for the hokey pokey

DeftMonk

Noob
The one thing that gets me about this game control wise is the way hop is mapped . Can we get a hop button instead of stance change. There’s not much use for the hokey pokey
never thought about that before but real good idea

gam224

never thought about that before but real good idea
I’m seriously thinking about making a thread on the issue. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten short hop instead of a special . I also think with the way the input is set up it gives hitbox users a huge advantage and it could lead to a debacle like what Daigo had when he was using his hit box.

DeftMonk

Noob
I’m seriously thinking about making a thread on the issue. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten short hop instead of a special . I also think with the way the input is set up it gives hitbox users a huge advantage and it could lead to a debacle like what Daigo had when he was using his hit box.
The thing that makes me miss my hitbox the most is the wavedashing honestly. And since if you wanted to do have a dash into a short hop (move forward but dont want to do entire dash animation) you will need another input first...Such as: ff bl short hop. This is the best way to gain a small amount of ground and immediately short hop. Much easier to do consistently on hitbox im sure.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
-Lag. I don't know what the deal is but lately the connections have been terrible. I can't even count how many punishes I've missed, and therefore how many matches I've lost, because of this.
-Winquitters/one-and-doners. These people need to be banned for life (sarcasm). Not the game's fault but moreso the community's. Wish these people would just get out of Kompetitive Kasual (which is meant for learning and sets) and go play something else.

Moreso than these though, it's the input issues:
-B/F motions not registering properly. I constantly get standing 3 when I want slide. So annoying.
-Not being able to roll after I get knocked down. I just get stance switch, and then die. And yes, I have the meter. Maybe the most frustrating thing of all.

I've played 100s of fighting games and never have these input issues, so I know it's not me.

Thoughts?
I'll make this short cuz my phone is about to die.
Lag is definitely a problem after the last patch. It happened to hundreds of thousands that the patch didn't download right.
As for BF inputs I'm not having that issue.
Release check is what messed up string to special coming out different if I press it fast. There is a specific timing window for every move and special cancel. So you need to alter your timing and yoU won't have to change settings.

Go to the tutorial for advanced section. Don't underestimate the tutorial, its somewhere in the tutorial and each button on that input will having timers displayed that will tell you how fast to press each button and how long till you special cancel.

Suntory

Suntory
Bad netcode will keep me from continuing to travel and compete in tournaments. Online to offline feels like I'm playing two completely different fucking games. I play online to learn matchups, but I am not able to apply what I learned here nor in the dojo.

gam224

The thing that makes me miss my hitbox the most is the wavedashing honestly. And since if you wanted to do have a dash into a short hop (move forward but dont want to do entire dash animation) you will need another input first...Such as: ff bl short hop. This is the best way to gain a small amount of ground and immediately short hop. Much easier to do consistently on hitbox im sure.
Hit box already had some clear advantages in precision. The short hop is just the most glaring one. Besides I think it would add depth and control to the game if you could short hop backwards and forwards. Seeing as it would be an unsafe read I think it’d be pretty hype to short ho a down 4 to get in on characters like scorpion and sub. Short hop is a great idea implemented wrong.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
so the special cancel issue, i was having the same issue when i played on a controller. turns out i was pressing a button too many times before the cancel and that extra button push was cancelling out the possibility to special cancel. example liu kang f4, 3, b,f4. i was hitting f4, 3, 4, b,f4. something like that, its still a bad i do sometimes. but i discovered my issue and corrected it (Almost :p).

the back, forward issue i too was having a problem with on the pad, so i just said fuck this pad experiment all together the other day and am back on sticks 100%.

so my friend you might be a stick player for mk games like myself..
i play tekken 7 on the ps4 controller and the inputs and directions are more precise and i have zero issues like i do with the "NRS" mk games.

I think they need a short hop timing window option.

When I want to do a short hop I get a full jump most of the time. I have to consciously tap ever so quickly to get it.

ThePedro

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
I think the lag was acceptable early on for NRS, but at this point it's just becoming less and less acceptable, and especially with all the money that has been given to them... Another thing I see with the game is people potentially using a lag switch, which should not be allowed...

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Yeah, I feel you Landonio. NRS games just have janky controls with all kinds of weird quirks here and there. Personally, I just make my peace with it and accept that the game engine is flawed and always will be in this arena. It REALLY upset me when I was considering becoming a tournament player. Now, I just try to remind myself it's that "NRS Jank."

If you want advice, in general the culprit is one of two issues.
  1. Button presses- Your character will animate with say 3 kicks. Your NATURAL proclivity will be to time 3 kick button presses to go with the animation. But the move list will say 2. If you press 3 times, then you'll screw up the cancel follow up. Why NRS doesn't sync presses to animations is... well, NRS.
  2. Neutral is a command, but it isn't listed. You are almost always better off returning to neutral between moves. Don't treat the D-Pad like a ... normal D-pad. NRS doesn't. Treat it like buttons that you are best off tapping as needed and avoid rolling if you can. This is why hitboxes are ideal in NRS games.
For your example, I can hit Back - Forward motions extremely consistently. But that is because I literally tap just back and just forward at the ends of the D-Pad. Do not attempt to roll this command. You CAN, but you're making it MUCH harder on yourself.

For the other, that's NRS Jank. You might get some relief by turning off input shortcuts and using short or medium input windows in settings. You might also get some relief by bundling the inputs differently. For example, Do the B3,2 together very quickly. Then wait (return to neutral) and then do your iceball as late as possible. But don't forget to return to neutral. With this particular problem, I remember something similar happening to me in MKX, so it might just be an engine thing.

I consider the wake ups to be a separate issue. That's bad design with intention. Wake ups cost resources (a strategic decision) and have variable timings on knock down. Putting a tight execution window there was a bad decision.

I experienced much better netcode in mkx. I could play with people from uk and still get my strings and punishes down. How did it get worse even though technology should be better?

Gaxkang

Banned
MK11 is easily the most well produced, but one of the worst fighting games around right now really.

Its online is bad and its server disconnects randomly. You cannot even reconnect to the server in game.

It's unbalanced, its core gameplay comes down to on the rails fighting and who has the most cheese and who lands it enough. There is almost no real punishment game in it outside of really unsafe stuff.
And many times punishment is just hitting your D1.

Its controls can be stiff and janky but that's complicated further by the bad online.

It is very well produced elsewhere, and it has great single player content tho they did hurt that some by having modifiers in towers only affect the player and needing konsumables to counter it. The AI is of course programmed to combo you or FB you when you use a konsumable.

But the PVP online portion, and my assessment may be colored by the bad online...it may be better offline against humans. But online the game is to be very frank a polished turd really.

It's a shame because it feels like the fighting could be really good...but it isn't really.