What's new

Question Is this rumor true - Combo into B3 without GH J2

I read on someone's status that on the zatanna stream they showed off new cyborg tech. One thing shown was that he can now.. combo his b3 from a jump in 2 without the use of grappling hook. If that's true....damn

Crathen

Death is my business
I read on someone's status that on the zatanna stream they showed off new cyborg tech. One thing shown was that he can now.. combo his b3 from a jump in 2 without the use of grappling hook. If that's true....damn
I tried b3 after j2 and it doesn't connect, they've shown b3 after gh 2 only iirc

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

yes theres been videos about it posted in the forum good while before the stream also,
was that dissapointed when they said they were showing off something cyborg players dont do and it was that

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Yes, they only showed the b+3 connecting off the grappling hook into airborne 2. It all combo'd.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I watched and was pretty sure he was just showing that you could link j2, b3 after the hook for those that did not know about it.

....dat misinformation then

Did they show anything else? Why were they even using cyborg lol I guess I gotta check archive

Lol they thought we didn't know? Try getting into a situation where you can actually use it more than once every 20 games against someone good

Shawi

Noob
The grappling hook takes about 3 years to get from one side of the screen to the other, with a 6 month float down to the ground. Never managed to get this in a game without being anti-aired on my way down.

Ya unless your opponent is asleep the only way you're going to get this is on the corner after a setup into a crossup with the grappling hook. Still, impossible to land

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Lol they thought we didn't know? Try getting into a situation where you can actually use it more than once every 20 games against someone good
no joke, I think paulo thinks that we all suck at this game

every time I've talked to him about balance he implies that there are no good or bad characters, just easy and hard, and that nobody is good with the hard characters...

Shawi

Noob

every time I've talked to him about balance he implies that there are no good or bad characters, just easy and hard, and that nobody is good with the hard characters...
And how does he go about justifying that Bane or Hawkgirl are hard? Does he mean combo execution? or does he mean that hard characters are hard because they have shitty tools?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 

Then we're doomed with whatever patch they dish out. Because if he still thinks that after watching EVO live then nothing will change his mind.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.

"I played an online Nightwing who showed me some combos I had never seen before, I think he's being slept on." - Paulo during the MMH NRS stream.

Yeah, because sweet looking combos help him so much when he can't play footsies with the most popular tournament characters.

What the fuck was he thinking when he decided to put B13 B23 F23 in the game? And then give them phantom hitboxes? Nonexistant hurtboxes? Fucking brilliant.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
"I played an online Nightwing who showed me some combos I had never seen before, I think he's being slept on." - Paulo during the MMH NRS stream.

Yeah, because sweet looking combos help him so much when he can't play footsies with the most popular tournament characters.

What the fuck was he thinking when he decided to put B13 B23 F23 in the game? And then give them phantom hitboxes? Nonexistant hurtboxes? Fucking brilliant.
this might be kinda obvious coming from a GL main but at least B13 is punishable by backdashing haha

just putting that out there =[

Scarface

Noob
Its not new Cyborg tech its been around for a while.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Paulo is such a troll. He was saying on the MMH stream that people don't use Harley because she's execution heavy.. lol.

Okay so I switched to Arrow doing F2D13, Dash, 223 because it was easier??

LaR

Noob

I 100% agree with paulo on this . Just because some characters don't have braindead footsies like most of the top tier it doesn't mean they're bad it just means they are harder to use. Most of the charaters that have bad footsies make up for it with really good mix ups / Damage.

jaym7018

Noob
I 100% agree with paulo on this . Just because some characters don't have braindead footsies like most of the top tier it doesn't mean they're bad it just means they are harder to use. Most of the charaters that have bad footsies make up for it with really good mix ups / Damage.
This is so wrong its hilarious. There is nothing hard about playing joker bane or shazzam they just arent anywhere close to as good as the top tier. Playing c viper in sf4 is borderline masochism but she is still an amazingly good character.

Mt Mutombo

Banned

lol i agree, i always get that vibe from him

He thinks the community is ass cause it complains too much. Yeah this community whines a bit too much, but not everyone is bad and stupid.

LaR

Noob
This is so wrong its hilarious. There is nothing hard about playing joker bane or shazzam they just arent anywhere close to as good as the top tier. Playing c viper in sf4 is borderline masochism but she is still an amazingly good character.
I dont know anything about Joker but Shazam and Bane are definitely not bad characters they just require the player using them to have really good fundamentals. If it wasn’t for Chris G people like you would be saying that Green Arrow sucks.

I dont know anything about Joker but Shazam and Bane are definitely not bad characters they just require the player using them to have really good fundamentals. If it wasn’t for Chris G people like you would be saying that Green Arrow sucks.
Bane is good and comfortable in the middle tier. The top-tier characters give him trouble, though.
Green Arrow won't be a good character as more people learn about GA's tricks and the metagame continues to evolve, I am thinking. (NRS doesn't like to buff GA)

LaR

Noob
Bane is good and comfortable in the middle tier. The top-tier characters give him trouble, though.
Green Arrow won't be a good character as more people learn about GA's tricks and the metagame continues to evolve, I am thinking. (NRS doesn't like to buff GA)
My point is there are no thrash characters in this game like there was in mk9 . Lobo for example who I think is a bottom 3 character can take half your life of a 10f low and end his combo with an un-techable knock down and force you to guess again for the other half of your life.