What's new

Is there any comprehansive MKX guide?

Hi Folks,

I am really new here and really new to fighting games at all, although I was playing MK series and some SF I never really trained or practiced - just randomly hitting specials/hits and being happy when they "stacked" and looked cool. Anyways now I am really looking to try to get serious and start training to actually get better and progress - I looked around guides available here and on a couple of other sites - found some generic ones about frames and how combos are supposed to work as well as found some really good guides on Ferra/Torr, but none seems to be a comprehansive all around guide for - "You start with X, make sure you can reliably do X, on top of X learn to do Y, practice Y". Does anything like that exist at all? Also while we are on it - what is in your oppinion the most comprehansive guide on MKX you've seen?

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Hi Folks,

I am really new here and really new to fighting games at all, although I was playing MK series and some SF I never really trained or practiced - just randomly hitting specials/hits and being happy when they "stacked" and looked cool. Anyways now I am really looking to try to get serious and start training to actually get better and progress - I looked around guides available here and on a couple of other sites - found some generic ones about frames and how combos are supposed to work as well as found some really good guides on Ferra/Torr, but none seems to be a comprehansive all around guide for - "You start with X, make sure you can reliably do X, on top of X learn to do Y, practice Y". Does anything like that exist at all? Also while we are on it - what is in your oppinion the most comprehansive guide on MKX you've seen?
@countrypistol 's Kano guide is without a doubt the best all around guide I've seen. The practice sections are invaluable, and you can easily modify them to whichever character you prefer.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-absolute-beginners-guide-to-commando-kano.55270/

@countrypistol 's Kano guide is without a doubt the best all around guide I've seen. The practice sections are invaluable, and you can easily modify them to whichever character you prefer.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-absolute-beginners-guide-to-commando-kano.55270/
Very kind of you to say.

As for the OP, you can't go wrong with First Attack, a YouTube series dedicated to fighting game beginners. Start with 'losing sucks' or 'let's starting new'. I'd avoid the MKX run down episodes because the patches have changed the game significantly since then.

Thanks a lot guys! This is all very helpful - Kano guide really seems to be the closest to what I was looking for in terms of describing what practicing should actually be like, what should be practiced and stuff, K&M stuff is also useful since gives good pointers, looking into other things posted now. But great thanks to all of you!

Thanks a lot guys! This is all very helpful - Kano guide really seems to be the closest to what I was looking for in terms of describing what practicing should actually be like, what should be practiced and stuff, K&M stuff is also useful since gives good pointers, looking into other things posted now. But great thanks to all of you!
If anything in the Kano guide is unclear at all, feel free to message me. I'll try and offer a more succinct or detailed answer, as well as amend the guide as needed.

It is still a work in progress, albeit a neglected one of late, but I haven't forgotten about it. I'm hoping to update it at the weekend.