What's new

is there a secret among liu kangs?

arydious

Noob
I am curious why there is so little post in here under the Liu Kang threads? He seems pretty solid to me, but i do not see him being represented in here at all.

Maybe there is some trick to destroying Liu Kang that I am unaware of, which is why people dont use him.

Would anyone care to enlighten me as to why Liu Kang has no followers basically.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I am really interested to start playing seriously with him as my second char.He seems really good.Him Rain and Freddy.

My thoughts on Liu Kang.

Pros:
1) Probably the best high-low mix ups in the game. Every time he gets a string on you it's a complete guessing game.

2) Fast normals. Even his F3 overhead at 20 frames is pretty fast for an overhead.

3) Great fireballs. iafb makes him a decent zoner that can cover air space (not nearly as good as Kabal though). Low fireball allows him to fight zoners.

4) Overhead x-ray that launches. He can get close to like 50% on his xray.

5) Bnbs have great wall carry.

Cons:

1) Shitty wake ups/specials that are punishable. From far away and on wake up you have no reason not to block low, unless you're expecting a dragon kick/bicycle kick. Parry is slow, although ex parry does launch.

2) Slow down pokes. His best is D3 at 7 frames, which is alright if you think down pokes are negligible in damage.

3) X-ray can be ducked under with neutral crouch. Not joking.

4) Specials are kinda slow.

I kinda wish there were more Liu Kang players especially on stream. Really fun to play as, to play against and to watch.

Solo

Shadow Priest
Mainly because Liu Kang is really really simple to use. Unless something broken is discovered with him, not much to discuss.

How to beat Liu Kang.. not really much thought, Out Rush him or Zone him. Stay out the corner. You don't have to worry much about his iafb zoning, I haven't seen anyone who can really spam it.(Like Kabal) It's a lot harder than Kabal.

So Liu Kang don't really need MUCH discussion, but I'd it love if he had more.

arydious

Noob
has anyone ever been hit by liu kangs overhead mid combo while stand blocking. The guy i play against strts the combo low and then the third hit is high. Its easy to see but i have been hit by the freaking overhead so many time its not funny. I know I am not fuzzy blocking low because i let go of down as soon as the low hit happens and the second hit is always blocked so i know i didnt get it by the low.

The irritating part about this if it happens three times your basically dead because other chip damages in round kill you then.

Bluez

~ Rialt1 PrimE ~
I was a Kung Lao and Scorpion main. Now that I have given Liu some time? There is nobody else in the game. I love playing him, hes fun, aggressive, and suits me fine.

hardwire

Noob
i play with him a bit but not seriously because he just feels like any thing he can do cage can do better except for zoning but even thing he feels weak

i play with him a bit but not seriously because he just feels like any thing he can do cage can do better except for zoning but even thing he feels weak
False. Id much rather have to deal with Cage's frame trap than pressure from someone who really knows how to use Liu Kang. You'd be surprised.

well then by all means please share
I would give you the details but I havent started using LK yet. All I can tell you is his overhead, low, and poke mix ups can make it harder for me to do to him what I can do to a JC during his frame traps, like 33~spear, d1, and Ex Takedown. Then again, I also have a lot more experience with people who know how to use JC than I do with the much fewer people who know how to use LK.