What's new

is there a possibility MK10 will be a PS4 exclusive?

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
This thread is just... stupid. Sorry but there is no way MK is gonna be an exclusive. First of all, NRS is a WB studio. Secondly from what I know WB owns MK. Last of all, its all about sales for WB, dont remember if they made any exclusives lately.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
We would likely see an exclusive FG from Capcom on the PS4 before MK10 would be exclusive on PS4. I think MK10 won't be exclusive though, but they might have another Sony specific guest character like Kratos or Cole or something like that.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Not at all, however Harada from Namco said he was interested in making a Tekken title for ps4 along with Toshimichi Moore from Arc is intrested in bring Blazblue to ps4 along side Guilty Gear Xrd.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I have botg so I don't care if they do exclusive but it wont happen. All I know is, I hope Quanba makes another dual system stick for both the one and PS4 soon.

This cronusmax adapter shit is for the birds and I want to goto some tournaments for KI and PS4 FG when they come out.

Not at all, however Harada from Namco said he was interested in making a Tekken title for ps4 along with Toshimichi Moore from Arc is intrested in bring Blazblue to ps4 along side Guilty Gear Xrd.
The main reason why animu fighters are on Playstation is because a majority of their sales are domestic (I.E. Japan) and Microsoft is a dead brand there. Tekken... eh, I don't know.

Noob
Possibility? Of course there's a possibility. There's also a possibility that I'll dress in drag and do the hula...(Lion King Reference FTW)

The PROBABILITY of EITHER of these happening? Probably 0.01%

Warner Brothers and Sony Pictures Entertainment are competing production and distribution companies. Why would one production/distribution company sell such a valuable Intellectual Property to another one for exclusivity rights especially when they stand to lose more than they stand to gain from such a sale?

They wouldn't, end of story.

depends on when MK is coming out, I could very well see it be a next gen exclusive if they were to realease mk in 2016. People should have a ps4 by then

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Hmm well as others have said its possible but highly unlikely due to the money issue.

Also they would be limiting their player base somewhat, and also no porting it to the PC? Well thats just money you could have made..

Now if were talking about a "demo" on the PS4 for a while just like i believe happened to Mk9 then sure, and no offense to them but selling it to sony on one console...

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Well, it's interesting that the Xbox One was neglected in terms of a IGAU port, but given NRS's track record of laughable NDA damage control, I hope that's not why you think this.

They've always set out to offer their products on every platform viably possible, even back when the PS2 was the juggernaut market share leader, and I don't expect MK10 will be different.

Now future Tekken games, I can see being PS4 exclusive, Namco are monitoring the PS4's architecture for their next line of arcade boards (which they traditionally have done in respect to previous PS systems), and should provide for an easy porting process. I think the only reason they went multiplatform last gen was due to pressure of the Bandai merger + SoulCalibur 4 selling better on 360 (which, the PS3 version was actually widely expected to do so).

Matix218

Get over here!
Mk definitely has a history of not being exclusive

Mk games have been on:

Genesis, snes, 32x, Saturn, n64, psx, dreamcast, ps2, Xbox, GameCube, game boy, gba, ds, game.com (yup...), 360, ps3, vita, psp, pc, tiger electronics LCD handhelds need I go on lol

yea that would suck for you xbox juan players wouldnt it? lmao shoulda got a ps4. i doubt it'll happen though. but i do expect some more exculsives for example a demo of the game before release for ps plus memebers. similar to how the mk9 demo only came out for playstation

Flawless Ego

Your Royal Flyness
I highly doubt it as a possibility. MK is a legendary franchise with a huge legacy behind it with fans on multiple consoles. If it was console exclusive sales would drop dramatically and we might not see a MK11!

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
It would most definitely be a next gen exclusive, maybe with a late pc release like MK9. I'd be surprised if it gets released on X360 or PS3, as it probably won't come out before 2016. If it does however come out next year it could be a different story. But only on PS4 ? I really doubt that. That would cut their fan base in half at the very least.